• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Explosion at Fukushima Nuclear Power Plant: Updates & Prayers

In summary, the Japanese officials are saying that there was an explosion at the Fukushima Nuclear Power Plant, but they have not yet confirmed what exploded. They had already evacuated a 10 Kilometer (a little over 6 mile) radius of Plant #1 where the explosion occurred and have now issued an evacuation for a 10 Kilometer radius of Plant #2. They are stating on Japanese TV that the levels they are reading are where they would expect them to be and are NOT suspecting that it was the core at this point. They are still investigating.
Thanks everyone! I've learned a LOT more since this morning ... As the photos show, we hit about the 90 mark today. 100 is basically the maximum that you want to hit ... but you'd have to go 10X that amount to reach a level that could put you in a 5% higher risk for cancer and 50X that amount to worry about it being fatal. So we were much safer than we thought we were today. The base didn't really explain everything today. We were just told to stay indoors with the doors/windows shut & the A/C off so we didn't draw in outside air. Then watching that Geiger Counter climb to the top of the chart was super unnerving! I had not clue that the top of that chart was still an okay level. It looked pretty scary! ;) I'm a lot more calm now. But being in the house thinking it was too dangerous to go outside to go the airport & leave was more than I want to do again. We are currently looking at me & the kids leaving Japan for a while. If I go, it will probably be more than just me ... maybe 8 of us in a group. I'll let everyone know updates as I get them. ;)

I would hope that if things definitely were getting serious- that the US would help all of the military families get out, yes? How hard would it be for them to charter private jets to get you guys home safely - just in case! Or at least giving you the option.Good luck dear!

Please be safe! Many prayers are being said for you, your family, & those who have been affected by this horrific act of nature.

My hope is that the military would send you all home on one of their planes-like a hop- ASAP. I hope you are packed. So that way you are able to leave on very short notice.
Hugs to you Sheila, and please keep us informed, we do all worry about you.

Sheila, I check this thread every morning and night, you and your family are in my thoughts.

Thanks everyone for keeping us in your thoughts & prayers. We had another earthquake last night as we were climbing into bed. We have a Tempurpedic bed, so it absorbs shock pretty well, but the whole bed was shaking. I knew hubby wasn't doing somersaults so I looked around & saw the dresser shaking too. It wasn't as bad as the one on Friday, the kids actually slept through this one ... and it was MUCH shorter ... only about 20-30 seconds. Here's the link on where this one happened. It maps Tokyo. I'm just to the southwest of the bottom of the letter T in Tokyo.Sounds like we'll be looking at earthquakes for a couple of months around here. Hopefully they are all little ones! ;)

Be safe Sheila. Prayers are being sent your way. I'm always checking here for your updates.

Please thank your husband and military families for everything that they do and that they give.

God bless,

Prayers on the way for all of you! Thank you for keeping us all posted!

Here in AK we had a small 3 pointer early this morning. They don't usually bother me, but I'll admit I'm a little more wary now. Especially when you can hear them coming.
We get them quite a bit here.

(((hugs)))

<h2>1. What caused the explosion at the Fukushima Nuclear Power Plant?</h2><p>The cause of the explosion at the Fukushima Nuclear Power Plant has not yet been confirmed by Japanese officials. They are still investigating the incident.</p><h2>2. What is the current evacuation radius for the affected area?</h2><p>The current evacuation radius for the affected area is 10 kilometers (a little over 6 miles) for Plant #1 and Plant #2.</p><h2>3. Are radiation levels at a dangerous level?</h2><p>According to Japanese TV, the radiation levels at the Fukushima Nuclear Power Plant are currently at expected levels and officials do not suspect that it was the core that exploded. However, the situation is still being monitored and investigated.</p><h2>4. How far away from the power plant do you work?</h2><p>I am currently located 200 miles southwest of the power plant.</p><h2>5. Can we offer support to those affected by the explosion?</h2><p>Yes, please keep those who are closer to the power plant in your thoughts and prayers during this difficult time.</p>

1. What caused the explosion at the Fukushima Nuclear Power Plant?

The cause of the explosion at the Fukushima Nuclear Power Plant has not yet been confirmed by Japanese officials. They are still investigating the incident.

2. What is the current evacuation radius for the affected area?

The current evacuation radius for the affected area is 10 kilometers (a little over 6 miles) for Plant #1 and Plant #2.

3. Are radiation levels at a dangerous level?

According to Japanese TV, the radiation levels at the Fukushima Nuclear Power Plant are currently at expected levels and officials do not suspect that it was the core that exploded. However, the situation is still being monitored and investigated.

4. How far away from the power plant do you work?

I am currently located 200 miles southwest of the power plant.

5. Can we offer support to those affected by the explosion?

Yes, please keep those who are closer to the power plant in your thoughts and prayers during this difficult time.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Sheila
  • Recruiting and Team Leaders
Replies
Views
Sheila
  • Sheila
  • Recruiting and Team Leaders
Replies
Views
Inomiamenda
Replies