• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Director Explaining My Kilo Club Host Discount to a Customer

In summary, the conversation is about a discount offered by the speaker to their Kilo Club hosts. A member of the club attended a show and asked for the discount, which resulted in confusion and a request for clarification from the customer. The speaker explained that the discount is a personal gift from them and cannot be applied to orders placed with other consultants. Suggestions were made to offer a "misunderstanding special" or to cover the extra 10% with their override. It was also suggested to check with the consultant to see if they would be willing to cover part of the cost.
dannyzmom
Gold Member
I sent out an email to my Kilo Club hosts yesterday offering them an additional 20% discount on their orders thru Dec 6th.

Tonight one of my kilo club members (AFTER reading the email) attended a show done by one of my downline consultants. That consultant called me during check-out to explain that this gal was ordering and was asking for the extra 20% I had offered. I explained to her (my consultant) who then explained to the customer. The customer emailed me when she got home:

Hi Carolyn

I was not clear with xxx's explanation regarding your notes below about an additional 20% off.

Can you please explain what you meant with anything between now and Dec 6th for 20% off ?

Xxx just gave me the 10% past host discount.

Thanks
Xxxxx

--------------------

I wrote back to her:
The extra 20% off is a personal Thank You gift I give out to my "Kilo Club" hosts (hosts who have held $1000+ shows for me in the past). That is not a discount the company is offering, it is a personal Thank You gift from me...
:)

---------------------------
she replied:

Are you able to apply it to my order that I placed tonight.

My total order was $ 217.22

Xxxxx
---------------------------------

How do I explain to her that I cannot apply MY discount to someone else's show? HELP????????

Carolyn - what did your original email say?

Carolyn, I think you can just explain that the extra 20% off is something you are offering out of your personal commission check on these orders. Since you don't want her to reduce her order (and possibly upset the host), why don't you offer her a "misunderstanding special"...say 25% off an order she placesd with you by Dec 18th"? Or maybe something free from any on-hand items you have....maybe a special PC holiday goodie basket (depends on just how good a customer/friend she is of course).

leggy

cmdtrgd said:
Carolyn - what did your original email say?

I no longer have the original as it was sent thru my PWS but basically it was a Kilo Club THANK YOU offering my past $1000 hosts 20% off their orders palced thru my website attached to the host called "Kilo Club" now thru the 6th

It's tricky since there's a chance she could decide to pull the order from the show to get the discount but I would tell her that you are sorry that she misunderstood but that you were offering some of your commission on orders placed with you and that you can't do it with orders placed with other consultants since you don't get commission on them.

If you have something she would love on hand you could offer her that and/or offer her the 3% override since she's in your downline.

Too bad you can't see the original email (in the future I would copy myself on emails from your PWS). Did you qualify it with "this offer is only valid for orders placed with..."?

Do you think she would do business with you in the future if you were to take care of her on this? If not, I would only offer something out of your closet of items.

If she will do business with you in the future, I would consider paying the extra 10%. With your 3% override, it would cost you just over $15.00 (my guess the total she gave you included tax and shipping, so the amount would probably be less). If she were to hold another $1,000 show with you, you would more than cover that expense.

Based on the fact you wrote in your email a person should place the order through your website, I think you were very clear on your intentions. Therefore, whatever you decide to do will be the right thing.

Oh, one other suggestion, see if your Consultant might be willing to cover 7% and you cover 3%. Especially since the customer might pull the order from her show. That would be a huge hit to her show. Actually, I like this idea best. Yes, I think you should go with this!

ChefLisa said:
Do you think she would do business with you in the future if you were to take care of her on this? If not, I would only offer something out of your closet of items.

If she will do business with you in the future, I would consider paying the extra 10%. With your 3% override, it would cost you just over $15.00 (my guess the total she gave you included tax and shipping, so the amount would probably be less). If she were to hold another $1,000 show with you, you would more than cover that expense.

Based on the fact you wrote in your email a person should place the order through your website, I think you were very clear on your intentions. Therefore, whatever you decide to do will be the right thing.

Oh, one other suggestion, see if your Consultant might be willing to cover 7% and you cover 3%. Especially since the customer might pull the order from her show. That would be a huge hit to her show. Actually, I like this idea best. Yes, I think you should go with this!

I like this idea too!

ChefLisa said:

This is a great suggestion!

What this really brings to light is that a lot of people don't how we do business. They don't know that we get commission from sales and parties or that we make $$ from our downlines. I personally think she was unusually clueless in this regard.

I wonder if she is just trying to get a great deal and help the host at the same time....if she is a kilo club member with Carolyn, then you know she has been host coached well and she should know how we get paid.

Noisy minds want to know, what ever happened with this?

ChefLisa said:
Noisy minds want to know, what ever happened with this?

Hee hee, me too. Good luck Carolyn! hope it worked out alright.

Oh - sorry for not updating...she ended up keeping he rorder with my downline consultant AND buying another one from me at the further discounted price...one for herself and onw for her mother!! Woo Hoo!!!

dannyzmom said:
Oh - sorry for not updating...she ended up keeping he rorder with my downline consultant AND buying another one from me at the further discounted price...one for herself and onw for her mother!! Woo Hoo!!!

Oh, that is GREAT news!

Lisa

What is the Kilo Club Host Discount?

The Kilo Club Host Discount is a special promotion offered by Pampered Chef to our valued customers who host a party and reach a certain sales threshold.

How do I become eligible for the Kilo Club Host Discount?

In order to be eligible for the Kilo Club Host Discount, you must host a Pampered Chef party and have a minimum of $1,000 in sales. This can be achieved by inviting friends and family to your party and having them purchase Pampered Chef products.

What is the discount percentage for the Kilo Club Host Discount?

The discount percentage for the Kilo Club Host Discount is 10%. This means that if you reach the sales threshold of $1,000, you will receive 10% off your total purchase.

Can I combine the Kilo Club Host Discount with other promotions or discounts?

No, unfortunately the Kilo Club Host Discount cannot be combined with any other promotions or discounts. However, you can still take advantage of any current promotions or discounts on your remaining purchase amount.

How do I redeem my Kilo Club Host Discount?

To redeem your Kilo Club Host Discount, simply place your order with your Pampered Chef consultant and let them know that you qualify for the discount. They will apply the 10% discount to your total purchase amount before finalizing the order.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• dannyzmom
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
Jules711
  • cincychef
  • Recruiting and Team Leaders
Replies
Views
foogiczon
  • pampchef.angel