• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Understanding Host and Guest Discounts: A Simple Guide

In summary, if the host has a show earning a 15% discount, do you add that to the 20% off stoneware, and if she is a past host, do you add another 10%? No on the past host discount if she is the host. She gets the show discount on top of the guest special. Just enter in the item code for the sale and she will automatically get the correct discounts. Hosts can also get 1/2 off the guest special price. Guests who are past hosts with a current 10% off get 10% off the sale price.
rancherswife
I am so confused with host discounts, guest discounts, past host discounts, etc. Can anyone explain (in preschool terms) which discounts can be combined, which can't? For example, if the host has a show earning a 15% discount, do you add that to the 20% off stoneware, and if she is a past host, do you add another 10%?

No on the past host discount if she is the host. She gets the show discount on top of the guest special. Just enter in the item code for the sale and she will automatically get the correct discounts. Hosts can also get 1/2 off the guest special price. Guests who are past hosts with a current 10% off get 10% off the sale price. The 60% off things are only 60% off and may not be combined with any other discount.

Past host discounts are past hosts within the last year get 10% off ALL their purchases including any guest specials (such as 20% off something). Not a true 30% off but great still the same. You'd enter the guest special number (which is 20% off) and then 10% will automatically come off that being a current past host. The only time a current past host can't use her 10% off is if she REhosts within the year. Then she would use the discount earned for that show instead of just the 10% but canNOT combine the discounts.

60% host specials are just that - host specials. Not to be combined with a past host 10% discount either. Usually for both hosts and past hosts from who the show was booked unless it stipulates differently such as in January.

I always think of it this way...

A show has host benefits that are all separate of each other

- free product
- half price products (if earned)
- host special (usually 60% off something - January is the exception)
- discounted products (percentage earned) over and above the 'free'

If there is a guest special of 'spend $ get something free' and the host 'spends' this with the balance from her 60% and half price she would get it too - just enter the freebie number.

If there is a guest special of a certain product for a certain amount - such as 'purchase X for only $10' she can either use her discount level towards that price or she can use some of her 'free' product earned to purchase the $10 guest special - again just enter the 'G' guest special number accordingly.

Clear as mud?

rancherswife said:
I am so confused with host discounts, guest discounts, past host discounts, etc. Can anyone explain (in preschool terms) which discounts can be combined, which can't? For example, if the host has a show earning a 15% discount, do you add that to the 20% off stoneware, and if she is a past host, do you add another 10%?[/QUOTE]

Oops, forgot to show the last example for hosts purchasing or 'earning' guest specials.

If it's a guest special of 20% off stoneware they can ADD their level of discount earned to that just like the past host does with the 10% off.

So a stone is

$40 regular price
- $8 (20% off stoneware)
$32 balance (guest special number price)
-$9.80 (host had an awesome show and earned 30% discount)
$22.20 is host price for this $40 stone (not quite 50% off in total (20% + 30%) but close :))

Or she can use her FREE $ for it

earned $90 free

uses guest special number for $32 instead of $40

now still has $58 free

does that help? at all? :eek:

I think?????

rancherswife said:
I think?????

LMAO! :D

Reread my above novels a couple times and then feel free to holler out with specific questions. I'll be on for a few more minutes at least before going to bed and of course they're are many more gals on here that can help as well. I can't see us ALL going to bed at the same time (almost 1;30 here)

1. What is the difference between a host discount and a guest discount?

The host discount is a percentage off the total purchase that the host receives as a thank you for hosting a Pampered Chef party. The guest discount is a percentage off the total purchase that all guests at the party receive as a thank you for attending.

2. How do I become eligible for a host discount?

To become eligible for a host discount, you must host a Pampered Chef party with a minimum of $200 in sales. The discount percentage increases with higher sales, so the more your guests purchase, the higher your discount will be.

3. Can I combine my host discount with other promotions or discounts?

Unfortunately, host discounts cannot be combined with any other promotions or discounts. This includes consultant specials and product sales. However, your guests can still use any individual promotions or discounts they may have.

4. How do I redeem my host discount?

Once your party has closed and your order has been submitted, your host discount will automatically be applied to your order. You will see the discounted price reflected on your invoice.

5. How long do I have to use my host discount?

Your host discount is valid for 60 days from the date of your party. After that, it will expire and cannot be used. Make sure to use it before it expires to get the most out of your discount!

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
Wildfire
  • Cookin' Mama
  • Pampered Chef Bookings
Replies
Views
Cookin' Mama
  • kcjodih
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies