• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Expert Tips for Hosting a No-Cooking Show: Entertaining Strategies and Tools

I'm not sure yet.It sounds like you're doing a great job! I think the guests will appreciate your openness and willingness to talk with them.At a recent show I received a wonderful compliment. A guest who does direct sales said that the show was the best she'd ever attended. I was especially flattered when I found out that she was in corporate sales for years before switching to direct sales. She liked that I got everyone involved with the Have it! Love it! game. I explained my theory that for most of the guests I’m a stranger who is paid to sell the stuff. But, if the person sitting next to you, who you’ve known for years, tells you how wonderful a particular
Thinker
Gold Member
I have a host that does not want me to make anything. What do I do? Do a take several potatoes/fruits and show off as many tools as possible? Do concentrate on entertaining? HELP!!

Is she planning on doing the cooking herself? It sounds like you will have to do some talking with her, to figure out why she wants to have a party? Maybe a catalog party or on-line party would work better for her. Is it a bridal shower where she would be embarrassed to have you do a hard sell, and yet wants lots of FREE products for the Bride?Can you get together with her face to face, and talk about her party wants and needs?

I agree that you need to ask her more questions. Perhaps she doesn't want you to use her stove, oven or microwave. We do have recipes that require little to no use of any appliances.

Maybe she had a bad experience with a previous consultant. It is better to ask her than to assume anyway.

She may not have the $$ to purchase the food products too - I would offer to bring the groceries in that case. Usually when something like this happens its due to the host being embarrassed about something - I would tread lightly, but I agree with everyone else, you need to ask some questions!

Let her know that there are many styles of PC parties. She might want a quick party and fear cooking will drag it out.You could bring a dessert already made and then do a catalog walk-through and "paint pictures" for them as you talk about the products. You could have bread and the oil dipping seasonings, cream cheese and the sauces on it. You could cook a couple chicken breasts in the DCB with BBQ sauce and then dice it up and serve w/ toothpicks. Things like that, that you can assemble quickly before the show. This way people can come in and sample stuff while you go through the catalog and specials with them.

Thank you Noora for directing me to that thread. That was exactly what I was looking for. My show went great! The host had 13 guests, $125 in outside orders and will close her show with around $750 in sales. Thanks again!!!

Glad you found that helpful, Jane. It's worked well for me.

This topic has really peaked my interest. I have heard Senior Directors talk about non-demo shows that have been very successful. Do you think these will be well received? Does anyone else have a script or outline?

Rae, has anything changed in your show? Any additional advice?

TIA

Priscilla

Not much has changed. I've stopped doing the negativity cop because it wasn't necessary at my shows. I've added a bookings slide near the end. Otherwise it's still pretty much the same.

peortega said:
Rae, has anything changed in your show? Any additional advice?

Was wondering the same, thanks for telling us Rae. I actually might use this...

I just realized that I didn't really answer the question about additional advice. Here it is. Be yourself. Connect with your customers. At a recent show I received a wonderful compliment. A guest who does direct sales said that the show was the best she'd ever attended. I was especially flattered when I found out that she was in corporate sales for years before switching to direct sales. She liked that I got everyone involved with the Have it! Love it! game. I explained my theory that for most of the guests I’m a stranger who is paid to sell the stuff. But, if the person sitting next to you, who you’ve known for years, tells you how wonderful a particular product is it carries more weight. That’s when she gave me one of the best compliments I’ve ever received. She said, “But, you didn’t seem like a stranger.” I think it's because I spend that time before the show chatting with people as they arrive, answering questions, and getting a feel for the crowd.

The Have it! Love it! was the best. I handed out tickets instead of chocolate. I would mention an item and if more than one had it the would try to out sell the other. I let everyone you had it tell why they love it, but only gave it to the first person who said. I got very funny. By the end the were trying to out yell over the other one. I also didn't use the negativity cop either. I was very hesitant about doing a no cooking show but I think I like it better than the cooking show. Thanks again Rae for posting it.

The Have it! Love it! was the best. I handed out tickets instead of chocolate. I would mention an item and if more than one had it the would try to out sell the other. I let everyone you had it tell why they love it, but only gave it to the first person who said. I got very funny. By the end the were trying to out yell over the other one. I also didn't use the negativity cop either. I was very hesitant about doing a no cooking show but I think I like it better than the cooking show. Thanks again Rae for posting it.

whats the have it love it game?

ChefSandyR said:
whats the have it love it game?

When I mention a product, the first person to yell out "Have it! Love it!" gets a Hershey Kiss (or other candy, or ticket). At the end of the catalog the person with the most Kisses (or empty wrappers) gets a prize.

I also include anyone who has a question about a product or the business. That evens the playing field a bit when you have people with kitchens full of PC playing against newbies.

raebates said:
When I mention a product, the first person to yell out "Have it! Love it!" gets a Hershey Kiss (or other candy, or ticket). At the end of the catalog the person with the most Kisses (or empty wrappers) gets a prize.

I also include anyone who has a question about a product or the business. That evens the playing field a bit when you have people with kitchens full of PC playing against newbies.

I do this game too, but I give door prize tickets. I also give a ticket for the first person to find the item in the catalog and mention the page. People go CRAZY over it -- they get so competitive and they love it.

I also give an extra ticket for any PC "virgins".

I did my show today the Rae Bates way. Went great! (Oh, and the only one cited by the negativity cop was me ... I had to point out the bad news about the Deep Covered Baker and the stainless bowls going up)

Related to Expert Tips for Hosting a No-Cooking Show: Entertaining Strategies and Tools

1. What are some tips for hosting a successful no-cooking show?

Some tips for hosting a successful no-cooking show include planning ahead and creating a detailed schedule, setting up an inviting and organized display for guests to view products, and incorporating interactive activities to engage guests and showcase the products.

2. How can I incorporate Pampered Chef products into a no-cooking show?

Pampered Chef offers a wide range of products that can be used for more than just cooking. For example, you can use our cutting boards and knives for a fruit and cheese display, our mix and measure set for a DIY cocktail station, and our serving platters for an elegant charcuterie board.

3. Can I offer food samples at a no-cooking show?

Yes, you can offer food samples at a no-cooking show as long as they do not require any cooking or preparation. For example, you can offer pre-packaged snacks or pre-made dips that can be easily served to guests.

4. How can I make the no-cooking show experience more interactive for guests?

You can make the no-cooking show experience more interactive by incorporating hands-on activities such as a recipe demo using our no-cook tools, a game where guests can win Pampered Chef products, or a DIY station where guests can create their own custom spice blends using our spice grinders.

5. Do I need to have a large space to host a no-cooking show?

No, you do not need a large space to host a no-cooking show. You can host it in a small space such as a living room, backyard, or even a park. As long as you have enough room for guests to move around and view the products, you can host a successful no-cooking show.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• mrslulu2012
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
Replies
Views
Wildfire
  • pattikake
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies