• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Experience the Convenience of the New Cool and Serve Tray - Share Your Feedback!

not clear... pieces go in the freezer. I put the whole thing in the fridge the night I got it so that it would not be as fragile.I put the whole thing in the fridge the night I got it so that it would not be as fragile.
kristenlee
Anyone have any issues with this breaking? I had a host drop it on the carpet and it shattered in a zillion pieces. Home office cannot do anything for me because it was dropped and that is not covered. Any one else have this happen?

Is it her tray or yours?Do an online adjustment and mark that it did not perform properly. It is DURABLE PLASTIC and should survive a drop onto carpet IMHO!

If she's talked to H.O. and they rejected it, sadly, your online adjustment will not go through either. I haven't had a problem, but haven't really used mine either.

Talked to H.O. told them it was dropped on carpet. They told me that it would not be covered. Not happy about the quality and told them that I thought it should be covered, especially since it only dropped a couple of feet. Don't think I will be talking about that product at shows. Oh, and it was mine, not a customers.

Assuming you even WANTED another one ;), if you earned that first one, you can at least buy a second one for 50% off as a sample. It was mentioned in a Newswire a few weeks ago.

kristenlee said:
Talked to H.O. told them it was dropped on carpet. They told me that it would not be covered. Not happy about the quality and told them that I thought it should be covered, especially since it only dropped a couple of feet. Don't think I will be talking about that product at shows. Oh, and it was mine, not a customers.

I would call back and talk to a supervisor.

Had a customer have the clear case with inserts in the fridge overnight. When she went to open it, a part of the handle snapped off! Processing an adjustment, but she's not sure she wants it. =(

Sorry to hear about yours.

I too broke mine the 2 or 3 time I used it..Dropped it as you did...

Hmmm....sounds like we should take wagers on how long before PC starts checking it's quality and perhaps even holds off selling it. Course, we thought that about the large round stones that so many seem to have problems with. Definitely too bad- it's a cool looking product! I hope they fix whatever the issue is. I've not even taken mine c&s tray out of the box- but maybe I should make sure to order a second one at the 50% price, just in case!

I ordered another one. I had not ordered a sample one yet. We will see how this one works out. I am going to make sure it does not get dropped. Not sure if I want to use it for more than personal use. Will not be taking it to shows, and will be honest with guests if they ask my opinion.

Why would you put the clear parts in the freezer? That will not go through if you told HO that. Only the green pieces go in the freezer. It is in the use and care instructions so the product was NOT used properly. Sorry but even my numb nuts 13 year old nephew knew that when he went to freeze his mom's. She handed him the entire thing and told him to freeze it. Before I could say something he looked at her and said, no. I am only going to put the green parts in. He said even he knew the plastic would shatter. You would not put the Ice Bucket or the Quick-stirs in the freezer right? They are the same plastic and not meant to be frozen.

They weren't in the freezer. She said the fridge. And I would hope that the tray can go in the fridge. What if I have an early morning brunch & don't want to prep a fruit tray that early. Night before & into the fridge would be my solution. But not if it's going to be that fragile.

I would hope you could put it in the fridge. I didn't even get a chance to put the green parts in the freezer. And I did not put the clear parts in the fridge or the freezer

WHOA!!!!!! Did not start this thread so that others could insinuate that someone is stupid. If you would of read the post completly you would of seen that she said the FRIDGE NOT THE FREEZER, so before you basically jump to a conclusion and call someone an idiot read the post first. For your info I have not even used the tray yet. I know that ONLY THE GREEN parts go in the freezer, and I still think it should not break from being dropped from the coffee table to the carpet, and it should be able to withstand the fridge.

I had heard that there aren't replacement parts for these yet. Is that true? So if someone did drop a portion of it and it did break and not covered to be completely replaced...can the parts be replaced? Sounds like poor planning to me on HO's part.

Sorry I did not mean to get mean. I had a bad night last night and I took it out on your host. Yes, you did say fridge and yes then I totally agree that this should NOT have happened! My apologies! I hope this is not a trend with having a bad product and bad customer service from HO. I have enough problems selling our stuff lately as it is still hard, even with the line "It is only expensive if you do not use it." line. It makes it harder when you have to tell a guest that it can not be replaced because you used it correctly but HO decided you didn't. I mean seriously! And again, I am SO sorry!

Yes, no replacement parts yet. I called and asked H.O and they do not know when.
And thank you for being nice enough to apologize, everyone is entitled to a bad day.
: )

I do the adjustments on line....this way I don't have to answer any questions!

I recently knocked my own C&S off a cart - dropped about 2 ft to the floor but the cover broke.
I wrote the Solution Ctr (as of this morning the form was still Aug 31) but was informed, "Thank you for contacting The Pampered Chef. The replacement part for the Cool & Serve Square Tray is available for purchase starting 9/1/2010.
Please view your Fall/Winter 2010 Replacement Parts Order Form."

When I looked at the new form - it only lists the Insert (for ($12) as being available. Does anyone know the story on this?

Related to Experience the Convenience of the New Cool and Serve Tray - Share Your Feedback!

1. What is the purpose of the New Cool and Serve Tray?

The New Cool and Serve Tray is designed to keep food chilled and fresh for longer periods of time. It is perfect for serving cold appetizers, dips, and desserts at parties and gatherings.

2. How does the New Cool and Serve Tray work?

The tray has a double-walled, insulated design that can be filled with ice to keep food cold. The ice stays separate from the food, so you don't have to worry about water getting into your dishes.

3. What size dishes can fit on the New Cool and Serve Tray?

The tray has a 13-inch diameter and can hold standard-sized dishes and bowls. It can also accommodate smaller dishes by using the included removable bowl insert.

4. Is the New Cool and Serve Tray dishwasher safe?

Yes, the tray is dishwasher safe for easy cleaning. However, we recommend hand washing the lid to ensure it stays in good condition.

5. Can the New Cool and Serve Tray be used for hot food as well?

No, the tray is not designed for hot food. It is meant to keep food cold and should not be used for heating or warming food.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
emiscookin
  • vgibsonrn
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
babywings76
  • pchockeymom
  • Products and Tips
Replies