• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Engineering Question of the Day

In summary, a house was moved over a rural two lane bridge, causing the group to discuss whether it would fall under house insurance, car insurance, or roadside assistance. The conversation then turned to the process of moving a house and the challenges and injuries involved. The group also joked about the house now having a waterfront view and whether it was financed with a mortgage or a bridge loan. Overall, the situation amused the group and brought new meaning to the song "On the Road Again."
janetupnorth
Gold Member
How much does a house weigh?

Well, apparently a little more that a rural two lane bridge...

House1.jpg

house2.jpg

house3.jpg

house4.jpg

Now does this fall under house insurance, car insurance or roadside assistance?

Oh, that is just dumb! Who in their right mind would think THAT house would go over THAT bridge?!?!

I think now it's a home with a waterfront view.....

Wow, we moved a 1955 Ranch Home with an attached Family Room and 2 car garage. After cutting it into 3 pieces it fit down the road -- but we never had to cross a bridge.

I'll have to post the before and afters when I get a chance!

It was interesting to put a house back together on a new foundation...(the home cost $1000)...but I would NEVER do it again. Shoveled 40 tons of rock by ourselves (hubby and I -- where are your friends when you need help?), tarred the foundation by hand (yes, buckets and big brushes, what a mess), and I even fell off the roof while we were re-roofing (and oh yeah, it hurt!).

At least we can laugh about it now!

Wow - a house that has a front AND rear view of water!!!! That should bring some money!!! :D

janetupnorth said:
Now does this fall under house insurance, car insurance or roadside assistance?

I believe it falls under business insurance :)

Of the moving company, that is.....

At least it didn't fall in the river.

Err...creek.

I love how all the men are just standing around looking at it like "now what?!"

Actually, it's just a new covered bridge that was installed in Madison County, Iowa.

EdraJayne said:
I love how all the men are just standing around looking at it like "now what?!"

Funny! and True!

My question is, did they finance that with a mortgage or a bridge loan?

chefann said:
My question is, did they finance that with a mortgage or a bridge loan?

BAhahahaha!!!

This brings new meaning to the song "On the road again"...

I think somebody's in biiig trouble. BIG!

Is that a bridge over troubled waters, or did that family come from a troubled home?

sorry it's late...

Related to Engineering Question of the Day

1. What is the purpose of "Engineering Question of the Day"?

The purpose of "Engineering Question of the Day" is to provide a daily challenge or thought-provoking question for engineers to engage with and discuss. It aims to stimulate critical thinking and promote learning and growth within the engineering community.

2. Who can participate in "Engineering Question of the Day"?

Anyone with an interest in engineering can participate in "Engineering Question of the Day". This includes engineers, engineering students, and individuals who are simply curious about the field of engineering.

3. How are the questions for "Engineering Question of the Day" chosen?

The questions for "Engineering Question of the Day" are carefully selected by a team of engineers and content creators. They are chosen based on relevance, applicability, and potential for stimulating meaningful discussions among participants.

4. Can I submit a question for "Engineering Question of the Day"?

Yes, we welcome submissions for "Engineering Question of the Day" from our community members. If you have a question that you believe would be beneficial for the engineering community, please feel free to submit it to us for consideration.

5. Can I access previous "Engineering Question of the Day" posts?

Yes, all past "Engineering Question of the Day" posts are archived and can be accessed through our website or social media platforms. You can also search for specific topics or keywords to find relevant questions and discussions.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• The_Kitchen_Guy
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
The_Kitchen_Guy
  • baychef
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
baychef
  • The_Kitchen_Guy