• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Determining My Worth: Seeking Opinions from Cheffer Friends

In summary, Kelly is looking for someone who is worth their time and wants at least $10 per hour. She also wants benefits and is willing to pay for them.
KellyRedHead
Wanted to shoot out this question to my Cheffer friends, in need of your opinions.

I have been offered a little job helping a friend who is an insurance agent with paper work, claims, calling the company to follow up on claims (this work I could do from home) and maybe one or two days per week coming into her office to sit at the front desk to greet people on training days or when other reps will be coming in etc...

She wants to know what I would like per hour? I am not sure what to tell her. I would like more then minium wage, put don't want to go to high and make her think twice about asking me. I was thinking like $9.50 or $10? Is that to much? I don't need any benefits.

Tell me what you all think?

Thanks-
Kelly

For me, my time is worth at least $10 per hour.

I would say $10.50-$11, if you are going to do work it needs to be worth your time. Anything less is not worth my time.

I guess it would just depend on what the going rate in your area is. Finding a job like that that pays 10.50 an hour are hard to come by around here. I would say you would get paid no more than 8 an hour here.

Kelly,

What part of NY are you in? in NY the avarage admin makes about $40K a year, making it about $19. per hr. Becuase you are doing this part time and with option to work from home, I would say ask for at least $13. per hr.

You can go on www.salary.com and put in Administrative Assitant and the zip code you are in and it will give you an average income in your area.

Good luck! Let us know what you end up at :)

The other thing to think about is benefits. Since you don't need them and won't be getting them, you are worth more hourly. Don't know how much, but benefits are usually about 20% of than the salary from what I know. Also, is travel part of it - even running errands? Make sure there is some kind of travel allowance for that if it isn't consistent.

Thanks everyonefor posting!

I live in Central New York, about 1/2 hour outside Syracuse, but in a rural area. I know when I left working full time at the job I had at the County, I was getting $10.00/hour + benefits. That was 8 years ago.

I not sure if I should ask her what she was thinking first, and then go from there? Then come to a comprise (sp wrong I think?).

What do you think?

Kelly

Make sure you have a bare minimum that you won't go below.

KellyRedHead said:
I not sure if I should ask her what she was thinking first, and then go from there? Then come to a comprise (sp wrong I think?).

What do you think?

Kelly

That is what I would do. You never know she may be thinking more than you are thinking and you do not want to shoot yourself in the foot! I do agree that you need to have a figure in mind that you will not go below.

And in my area with a job like this, you would be making minimum wage to $7.00/7.50, but I know places are different.

You also need to keep child care in mind if you are going to be paying for that on the days you have to go in.

Last edited:
Are you having to commute far? Consider the price of gas

Are you getting a babysitter? Consider that cost

What is going to slide, because you are there working?

Sounds like they NEED YOU more than you need them ~

I'd ask a minimum of $15/hr plus mileage. If they contracted with a temp agency...I would think they would get charged that.

HEYYYY call a temp agency and ask them what they would charge a business for a temp office helper.

Ginny

Whatever you tell her, make sure that you have some sort of information to back it up. It's easier to say, "the checking around I've done seems to indicate that this type of work should pay ---" than, "gimme ---!" :D

You also might want to consider asking for a different amount for the work you do at home than the in-office work, especially if one will require more "expertise" than the other. Just a thought...

You might also call a local temp agency and ask what they pay for that kind of work - then add a couple dollars on top of that as they charge the client a lot more.

Thank you again for all your responses!

I met up with her this afternoon and she asked me what I was looking to get. I then asked her what she was looking to pay. She said she had talked with other people and they suggested $8 while I was training (lots of paperwork to learn etc...) and then if I liked the job and decided I wanted to stick with it, (lets say after 30 or 60 days) then move me to $10. I told her I was looking to start at $10, and she agreed. I will also be going up in pay when she adds another insurance agent on and I would be taking care of his/her claims also. She then I will probably ask for $12-13 at least if not more.
I am going to feel it out for now and see how much traveling I have to do to the office etc... She told me they basically need someone to check on supplies and get them if they are low without having to bother them, drop off things and take care of things with out asking, just knowing that certain things need to be done and she won't have to worry about it etc..

In the beginning it will probably be only 5-10 hrs per week and after she adds more to her team, and has her office in a building and not out of her home, my hrs should increase. Just want something extra to do along with my PC business, and still be able to work from home and be there for my family. So I am really hoping all works out with this they are very flexiable and I feel it will work for me!

Thanks again! You guys are great!!:D

Kelly

p.s. I think calling a temp agency is a great idea and I think I will give them a call just to have some numbers and see what they say! I little bit of knowledge can never hurt!!

Last edited:

Related to Determining My Worth: Seeking Opinions from Cheffer Friends

What factors should I consider when determining my worth as a Pampered Chef consultant?

When determining your worth as a Pampered Chef consultant, you should consider factors such as your experience and skill level, the demand for your services, the current market rates for similar services, and your unique selling points or specialties. It's important to also consider the value you bring to your customers and the impact you have on their lives through your products and services.

How can I get an accurate assessment of my worth as a Pampered Chef consultant?

One of the best ways to get an accurate assessment of your worth as a Pampered Chef consultant is to seek opinions and feedback from your fellow Cheffer friends. This can provide valuable insights on your strengths, weaknesses, and areas for improvement. You can also research industry standards and talk to other consultants in your field to get a better understanding of your value in the market.

Is it important to regularly reassess my worth as a Pampered Chef consultant?

Yes, it is important to regularly reassess your worth as a Pampered Chef consultant. The market and industry standards are constantly changing, and your skills and experience may also evolve over time. Regularly reassessing your worth can help you stay competitive and ensure that you are fairly compensated for your services.

What should I do if I feel like I am undervalued as a Pampered Chef consultant?

If you feel like you are undervalued as a Pampered Chef consultant, you should first seek feedback from your Cheffer friends and other consultants in the industry. They may be able to provide valuable insights and help you determine if your worth is truly being undervalued. You can also consider renegotiating your rates or finding new ways to showcase the value you bring to your customers.

How can I use my worth as a Pampered Chef consultant to grow my business?

Your worth as a Pampered Chef consultant can be a powerful tool for growing your business. By constantly reassessing and improving your skills, staying updated on industry trends, and confidently communicating your value to potential customers, you can attract more clients and increase your earnings. Additionally, seeking the opinions and advice of your Cheffer friends can help you identify areas for growth and expand your services to meet the needs of your target market.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• blueberrylady
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
Replies
Views
erica177311
  • ughubug
  • General Chat
Replies