• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Embracing Mid-Life: Musings and Wisdom from the Journey (TMI Alert)

In summary, Rae shares her opinion that mid-life is a great time for women. She discusses the different stages of life women go through and how mid-life is when the growth of hair on our legs slows down and gives us plenty of time to care for our newly acquired mustache. She also shares that mid-life is when we become more reflective and start to ponder the "big" questions. Finally, she says that mid-life brings with it an appreciation for what is important.
raebates
Staff member
I've seen two shows lately that went on and on about how mid-life is a great time for women. Just last week Oprah had a whole show on how great menopause will be. Puhleeeeeeeze! I've had a few thoughts of my own and would like to share them with you. Whether you are pushing 40, 50, 60 (or maybe even just pushing your luck), you'll probably relate.

Mid-life is when the growth of hair on our legs slows down. This gives us plenty of time to care for our newly acquired mustache.

In mid-life w omen no longer have upper arms, we have wing spans. We are no longer women in sleeveless shirts, we are flying squirrels in drag.

Mid-life is when you can stand naked in front of a mirror and you can see your rear without turning around.

Mid-life is when you go for a mammogram and you realize that this is the only time someone will ask you to appear topless.

Mid-life is when you want to grab every firm young lovely in a tube top and scream, 'Listen honey, even the Roman empire fell and those will too.'

Mid -life brings wisdom to know that life throws us curves and we're sitting on our biggest ones.

Mid-life is when you look at your know-it-all, beeper-wearing teenager and think: 'For this I have stretch marks?'

In mid-life your memory starts to go. In fact the only thing we can retain is water.

Mid-life means that your Body By Jake now includes Legs By Rand McNally -- more red and blue lines than an accurately scaled map of Wisconsin.

Mid-life means that you become more reflective . . . You start pondering the "big" questions. What is life? Why am I here? How much Healthy Choice ice cream can I eat before it's no longer a healthy choice?

But mid-life also brings with it an appreciation for what is important. We realize that breasts sag, hips expand and chins double, but our loved ones make the journey worthwhile. Would any of you trade the knowledge that you have now, for the body you had way back when? Maybe our bodies simply have to expand to hold all the wisdom and love we've acquired. That's my philosophy and I'm sticking to it!

Amen!! LOL!!!

I LOVE IT!!! Thanks Rae, for putting a smile on my face!:thumbup::balloon::D

Oh goody Rae I have soo much to look forward to!! I just can't wait. LOL :)

A friend shared it with me, and I couldn't resist. Glad it gave you a chuckle.

Thanks Rae! I needed the chuckle and I resemble some of those!

Ann R.

Don't forget the chin hair... darn hormones!

if I could just get a fan to attach around my neck at all times of the day, I would laugh at most of these, Rae!

I actually carry a lovely balsa wood fan with me most everywhere I go. It comes in handy when I experience a power surge.

So... exactly how much Healthy Choice ice cream can I eat before it's no longer a healthy choice?

lol

Thanks Rae!!

KellyTheChef said:
So... exactly how much Healthy Choice ice cream can I eat before it's no longer a healthy choice?

lol

Thanks Rae!!

2 containers....

very cute, rae! thanks for the grins!

Wow, I can hardly wait --- actually, I think I am already there!!!!

Oh my goodness, girl! What a crack-up!

KellyTheChef said:

This one reminds me of a girl I knew in high school. She thought those frozen diet dinners made you lose weight, so the more of them you ate, the more you'd lose. Needless to say, she didn't lose much weight. :balloon:

raebates said:
But mid-life also brings with it an appreciation for what is important. We realize that breasts sag, hips expand and chins double, but our loved ones make the journey worthwhile. Would any of you trade the knowledge that you have now, for the body you had way back when? Maybe our bodies simply have to expand to hold all the wisdom and love we've acquired. That's my philosophy and I'm sticking to it!

YES! YES! YES!!

Right now, I would so prefer to be a naive size 5 to my more wise and much larger than that self I am now!

I'm with Chef Kearns on this one! well.....I wouldn't want to trade the kids which is one reason that I am no loner a size 5 (like I ever was, right?!)...so now I am torn!

it just says the knowledge not the life!

I once heard a comedian say, "I don't have wiskers...that's just a stray eyebrow." Yup, that's my story and I'm stickn to it.

Related to Embracing Mid-Life: Musings and Wisdom from the Journey (TMI Alert)

1. What are the common signs of mid-life?

Some common signs of mid-life can include changes in physical appearance such as gray hair or wrinkles, changes in energy levels and metabolism, increased stress and anxiety, and a desire to reflect on one's life and accomplishments.

2. How can I cope with the challenges of mid-life?

There is no one-size-fits-all solution for coping with mid-life challenges, but some strategies that may help include staying physically active, maintaining a healthy diet, seeking support from friends and family, and finding ways to manage stress through activities like meditation or therapy.

3. Is it normal to experience a mid-life crisis?

While not everyone experiences a mid-life crisis, it is a common phenomenon that can occur as a person begins to reflect on their life and question their choices and accomplishments. However, it is important to remember that everyone's experience is unique and a mid-life crisis can manifest in different ways for different people.

4. How can I find purpose and fulfillment in mid-life?

Mid-life can be a time of transition and re-evaluation, but it can also be an opportunity to pursue new passions and find a sense of purpose and fulfillment. Some ways to do this may include setting new goals, trying new hobbies or activities, and finding ways to give back to the community.

5. Are there any resources available for navigating mid-life?

Yes, there are many resources available for navigating mid-life challenges. These can include self-help books, support groups, online forums, and professional counseling. Pampered Chef also offers a variety of products and recipes to help maintain a healthy lifestyle during this time.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• raebates
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
Kitchen Diva
  • kayleigh
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
rchamelin
  • rennea