• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Effortlessly Impress Your Guests with These High Maintenance Host Tips

In summary, the conversation involved a man who is getting a lot of invitations to guest host shows, and a woman who is trying to decide if she wants to offer him any recipes. The man offered to do one recipe unless the woman had a certain number of guests, and the woman accepted. The man also offered to coach the woman on outside orders if she needed help. The woman mentioned that her cat was "deathly ill right now" and the man offered to help her coach her guests.
dannyzmom
Gold Member
Man, I am getting them ALL lately.
This one has provided me with a guest list of NINE people. And now is making all sorts of demands about the menu...

"The apple berry salsa sounds good - I have a few Diabetics and a few people on very strict diets......can we cook something also and do the salsa like you did at Angie's.......I think that will go over well. Maybe something to do with the holidays...........like a starter or a side dish or something............Is there anywhere to find recipes on your web-site?? "

Suggestions????

Tell her the recipe(s) that you will be doing. Do something that you want do do!

Just tell her that you do one recipe unless it is guaranteed you have X # of guests in attendance. However, she is welcome to make other things and have them there to serve on her own.

Oooooh!
I have an idea!!!!
Chicken in the DCB...then make trimmings: shred cheese on UM or DCG, dice tomato using Tom Knife, make pass around salsa, um, um um what else? And serve all those in the SA pieces...and let people eithe rbuild their own little sammy's using small dinner rolls OR make tortatinis and grill 'em on the grill pan/press!!
Whatcha think!?!??!

That sounds like a great menu.

What did you offer for recipe choices--or did you give her free reign? I am new and have only practiced a few, so those are the ones I offer. "I am currently offerring x, y, and z. Which of those sounds good to you?" :)

chelynn said:
What did you offer for recipe choices--or did you give her free reign? I am new and have only practiced a few, so those are the ones I offer. "I am currently offerring x, y, and z. Which of those sounds good to you?" :)

I didn't really offer anything. I told her that once we had a headcount we'd talk menu. She keeps harping on how her friends MUST have healthy recipes.
Oh and in her email she also mentioned that her cat is "deathly ill right now" so I can't even comfortably call her and coach (read: nag) her to come up with a suitable guest list.
Her show is a Friday night in November - that's a HOT commodity and I hate to waste it on a 2-person show, kwim?

Make sure to host coach her for outside orders! I had a show once where there were two guests in attendance and with outside orders it was over $1,000!

--Jenny L

Definitely give her the choices you are doing. One menu item, two if she has a secured guests number coming.

Coach on the outside orders...and remind her to mention the party to the Vet's staff.>^..^<

I've had two shows with only two guests: one led to a $1000 show and the other led to a string of 7 $1000 shows (so far). And a team member came out each chain as well.

okay...truth in posting....i also had one other show with two guests and $14 in sales...that one died on the vine.

...you just never know!

I think the chicken is a good idea, Carolyn. If she has diabetic friends the chicken is probably one of the better recipes since there are no carbs in it.

I would agree with everyone else, Carolyn I think the chicken would be the easiest since she is claiming that she has diabetic friends....

Last edited:
And if she has 10 or more confirmed, make lemonade in the QSP using Splenda. :)

I have a demanding type of host also. She was wanting several ( 3 or 4) recipes. I felt pressured. What I ended up telling her that seems to be working is "You have to have at least 12 definite yes's for me to make a 3rd recipe. Adding a third recipe will make the food reimbursement more than $15." Now she is making the "3rd" recipe herself.

When I offered to make a 3rd (12 guests). She said "Oh no, you have enough to do with two recipes. I can get the ingredients cheaper since I buy in bulk."

So I am getting my way. You have to take a polite stand -- trying hard to be professional and unoffensive. Keep a smile in your voice and it comes across better.

It was uncomfortable for me -- I feel desparate for shows and that makes my first instinct to "give in". But I also want this to be my business and I need to be able to make it work for me both in terms of finances and time.

chefann said:
And if she has 10 or more confirmed, make lemonade in the QSP using Splenda. :)

Great idea!
Recipe?

QSP Lemonade

Use Family-size QSP. :)
Slice 5 lemons using v-shaped blade of Ultimate Mandoline. Put slices in bottom of QSP. Add 1 1/2 cups Splenda. Let sit 10 minutes for slices to give up their juice. Fill pitcher with water and plunge to combine.
If there is leftover lemonade, remove lemon slices before storing - the oils from the peel will make it bitter if they're stored in the beverage.

Related to Effortlessly Impress Your Guests with These High Maintenance Host Tips

1. How can I make my guests feel special without being too high maintenance?

The key is to focus on small details that show you care, such as using personalized place cards or offering a signature cocktail. These gestures can make guests feel special without requiring a lot of extra effort.

2. What are some easy ways to elevate my hosting game?

Invest in high-quality serving pieces and presentation tools, like a beautiful cheese board or elegant wine glasses. These items can add a touch of sophistication to any gathering.

3. How can I impress my guests with my cooking without spending hours in the kitchen?

One option is to choose simple yet impressive recipes, like a gourmet appetizer or a decadent dessert. You can also save time by using convenient kitchen tools, such as a food processor or slow cooker.

4. How can I keep my guests entertained without constantly checking on them?

Consider setting up a self-serve bar or creating a DIY activity, like a build-your-own pizza station or a make-your-own cocktail bar. This allows guests to mingle and have fun without needing constant attention.

5. What are some unique ideas for hosting a memorable event?

Think outside the box and consider themes or activities that are not commonly seen at events, such as a wine and chocolate pairing party or a backyard movie night. These unique ideas will leave a lasting impression on your guests.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• pamperedlinda
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
jrny2001
  • prissylovescooking
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
PamperedK
  • cmdtrgd