• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Effective Communication with Recruits: Tips for Phone, Email, Meetings & More

In summary, I have a recruit who NEVER returns a phone call, NEVER answers an email (unless she has a question). So what do I do?
stefani2
How do you contact and communicate with your Recruits?
Phone?
Email?
Monthly Training Meetings?
Conference Call?

I have a recruit who NEVER returns a phone call, NEVER answers an email (unless she has a question). So what do I do? Give up and let her go on her own? Continue to send my training notes through email once a week?

I am frustrated!!! Help please!

I contact my only recruit (who is now qualified) via email, phone, meetings, etc. We are good friends so it helps. I have a few people that have expressed interest in PC and have said "if you leave a message I'll call you back" and never have. Oh well. 3 calls and thats it for a month.

In your case Jenna I'd continue to send your training notes....she may be reading them and learning so she may not need the extra help.
Personally I love getting calls and emails from my director. She's very uplifting!

Good luck!

what to do what to doThanks Becky,
I try to guess what info she could use (considering how new she is to PC), but it is SO HARD when I don't get ANY feedback. :(

I KNOW she gets the emails but just doesn't respond to them AT ALL.

I know how motivating it is for ME to get emails from my D - so I am just trying to do the best I can (on no guidance).

Ask her how often she wants to be contacted and how. Everyone is different - ask her what motivates her and what she needs, then do that. HTH!

expectationsShe said once a week (which I HAVE been doing)

Am I expecting TOO MUCH for her to acknowledge that I sent an email OR for her to answer questions I have?

I do not think you are expecting too much. Has anything changed in her life recently?? Sometimes something pops up and we forget to tell others (or choose not to) and it takes away time and energy that others think you have for say the business. Does that make sense?

My latest recruit is so self-motivated. She qualified in her first 30 days, beat me in sales last month. I didn't think I was contacting her enough. I called her and said, "I'm sorry I haven't called you as much as I would have liked. I wanted to let you know how proud I am of your success. You have been doing so good. I remembered that though a dog is on a long lease and may be doing good, the lease needs to be shortened, the dog brought closer and petted and praised." My consultant laughed. She said she was fine with the contact I'd been giving her. She'll let me know if she needs more. The line of communication is important. Continue sending her the things you feel are important. When she needs you, she'll appreciate the contact you have kept with her.

Everybody's different. I love e-mails from my director. How familiar was she w/PC before she signed? I came from another direct sales co., and the directors weren't encouraged to call their line at all except when they hadn't placed any orders in awhile or around Holiday time. I wasn't expecting my PC director to contact me hardly ever, but I was pleasantly surprised. Maybe you need to send an e-mail and let her know u really want to help her but need some feedback.

guessin'I think she (well, her and her mom work together) is VERY self-motivated. They are familiar with PC for a while - but as far as being in DS - they are completely new!

I think I will just continue with my emails - pretty much guessing what they should know/learn about and just go from there.

They have no interest in a Conference Call, phone calls from me (hasn't even talked to OR met my D), cluster meetings or anything! I am wondering if that will hurt her in the long-run?

She may have signed up for PC as a way to be boss free and contacting her director (you) and going to meeting feels too much like work. It might work for her, though. Some people don't want or need any extra guidance. They just do it their way no matter what, and it works out great for them. I'm definitely not that disciplined. :). You should definitely still send the e-mails and call every now and then. You're just being a great director.

I have one who was actually in my second line who NEVER EVER replies to anything. I don't even hae an accurate phone number and she won't even reply to my request for that. I have basically given up. She is still in my distro and if I have something specific to her (like, she just went inactive this month), I email her as if she IS going to reply.

You can lead a horse to water.....

My director and I were talking about this subject yesterday! I have a recruit that I have heard from once in the last 16 months - when I sent out an email looking for catalogs, and she responded that she had some extras. She never even contacted me when she recruited someone! Never asked for help training her recruit, never responded to any of my phone messages or emails.....just odd!

I've talked to her recruit, and done training with her via phone and email, but never met her - since her recruiter and friend doesn't come to any training or cluster meetings, she doesn't either.

My director also has a consultant she has never met or talked to - she signed up online, and has consistently turned in shows every month for over a year - but has never spoken to my director, or responded to any communication.

We decided that some people just want to be left alone, and that they really do want to be in business by themselves, not just for themselves.

Right there with you Debi. Her twin sister must be in my cluster. :)

Jenna, joking aside, some folks don't want calls or feel a need to answer director emails. Unless you receive a 'do not contact' me note, continue to contact her periodically with training notes and recognition.

Keep sending the emails and stay in contact as you are now. If you get to talk to her I agree with asking how often she wants to be contacted. I have virtually no contact with my recruiter or director. I am pretty self motivated and when I need some assistance I contact them but that is rare. I'm pretty busy and keeping up with my full time job, my family and my PC business takes most of my time... what I have left over I don't want to be chatting with them if I don't need any help. I do read any emails they send and use the information but don't always respond. If she is doing well keep up the communication as you are. Some of us just don't feel the need for the relationship with our uplines to be successful (that sounded kind of mean and that isn't how I meant it... hope you get the idea though... :) )

contactThanks everyone for the great advice! I thought that I was doing something wrong because she wouldn't respond. Glad to hear I am not alone and that some people are just comfortable doing their own thing. I appreciate all your comments! :love:

1. How often should I communicate with my recruits?

It is important to maintain regular communication with your recruits, but the frequency may vary depending on their individual needs. Generally, it is recommended to reach out at least once a week through a combination of phone calls, emails, and in-person meetings.

2. What are some tips for effective email communication with recruits?

When emailing recruits, make sure to personalize the message and keep it concise and clear. Use a professional tone and always proofread for any spelling or grammar errors. Additionally, be sure to respond in a timely manner to show your recruits that you value their time and interest.

3. How can I make phone calls more effective for communicating with recruits?

Before making a phone call, have a clear objective in mind and prepare talking points. During the call, actively listen to your recruit's concerns and provide helpful information or solutions. Always end the call by confirming next steps and setting a follow-up date if necessary.

4. What are some tips for effective communication during in-person meetings with recruits?

In-person meetings are a great opportunity to build a personal connection with your recruits. Be sure to arrive on time and maintain a friendly and professional demeanor. Use active listening and ask open-ended questions to better understand your recruit's needs and goals.

5. How can I effectively communicate with recruits who are not responding to my messages?

If a recruit is not responding to your communication attempts, it is important to not give up. Try reaching out through a different method, such as a phone call instead of an email. You can also try adjusting your approach and offering something of value to re-engage their interest. Persistence and patience are key in these situations.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• cincychef
  • Recruiting and Team Leaders
Replies
Views
tpchefpattie
  • ChefBevShu
  • Recruiting and Team Leaders
Replies
Views
NooraK
  • sandilou