• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Eating Healthy and Taking Responsibility: My Journey

In summary, Lupe learned a lot from her first show and is very excited to continue to work with the consultant.
imported_lkprescott
Well, I had put it off... but then had my yearly exam the other day and found I'd gained 9 lbs since my last doc visit a couple months ago. NOT good.. I haven't been this heavy since I was pregnant...

I'm not going to diet per se though and I don't own a scale. I've had past food issues including abusing myself with food and it being my primary addiction so I do need to take care in how I go about eating. Moderation is good... restriction can trigger bad things... and I can become obsessed with things if I'm not careful. So with that said, I'm going to work on eating healthy.

I also signed up with the daily plate website to track what I'm eating not to restrict but to own up to and be responsible for what I eat and to track my mood as well... my tiredness and such... to see if there's anything food related.

Oh and after being on the doc's scale which nearly hit 170, it really made me want to get back down to 150... not what I was pre-last pregnancy but I think it'd be healthier. Just no longer gaining would be nice too...

Today was a good, yet evil day... I indulged in a tofu chocolate knish (I love those things) and some nonfat frozen yogurt (okay, not TOO evil but still extra calories I didn't need to eat)... HOWEVER, I did bring in a couple 40lb bags of pellets (in from the garage, down the stairs to the basement and into the furnace - lots of lifting) and I did a quick little kettlebell workout. I am doing well with tracking what I eat with www.dailyplate.com too... I'm finding honesty to be not so hard and that I'm usually falling under my calorie 'allowance' for the day... hopefully that will show up on the scale eventually.. lol

I am going to register for dailyplate right now. Thanks!

friday said:
I am going to register for dailyplate right now. Thanks!

You're welcome! I've been using it for a week now. It's not perfect but really keeps things in perspective for me. Just being accountable for what goes in my mouth is a help. LOL

I think that is what everyone needs to remeber is being accoutable for what we are eating..... I am trying to follow a 1,400 cal a day diet with 30 min workout well the workout hasn't happen but the 1400 cal a day has..... I feel like I am loosing something even if it is a inch.

Going to your recruits first showI just got home from my recruit's first show. It was awesome. I am going to try to do this with every new consultant I sign.

She submitted her agreement on Monday night, got her products on Wednesday, and her grand opening show was today. Did I mention she works full time too? So she had NO time to go through anything.

I got there about 1.5 hrs before show time and went over all paperwork with her. I think that helped a lot.

We did Jerk Chix Nachos--very informal, more interactive. Everyone did a little something. It was hard for me not to lead, but I think Lupe really learned a lot by hearing me respond to questions, etc.

Sales were $354 with only FOUR guests AND EVERY SINGLE PERSON BOOKED A SHOW!!!!! I am so excited and so is Lupe. All of the shows are within her first 30 days, so she will get the knives AND a buttload of PC dollars.

I am going to make sure I can do this from now on. Not only does it give me an opportunity to go over some business basics in person (which I've had a hard time doing up until now) but then I can also get all the bookings for my new team members as well which will get them off to a great start.

WAHOO!!

EVERYONE booked - that's FABULOUS!!!!
Way to go Deb and Lupe!

I have noticed that when I go to my new consultant's first show they always seem to get at least one or two recruit leads. I told my Director I would go to her next show and see if it worked for her too! ;) She has a couple that went inactive over the holidays and needs to rebuild her team. Heck so do I. When Jane promoted she took half of my team :cry:.

Great job Deb!How did you encourage the bookings to be in the next 4 weeks?

Well, yesterday was rough since I went to a baby shower.... I didn't have dinner though... I was sooo tired and had some caffeinated soda... I've found that diet gives me a headache and I've been having those enough so I opted for the 'full strength' version... and punch... so lots of extra calories but it's just one day... not going to make or break me. I put what I ate on my dailyplate.com plate and added in calories burned from my cooking show last night (hey, every calorie counts!) and I didn't do too bad... I made the warm carmel nutty brownies last night and didn't have a one of them... course the leftovers are now in my kitchen. LOL

That's awesome!!! Great idea. I'll keep that in mind to try to do for my local folks. I'm bummed....that LIa Sophia rep was going to come with me to my show today to observe since she hadn't been to a show in years, but the show was cancelled because nobody was coming!:( We're meeting anyway today at Starbucks and she's coming to big kick-off/Sampling of the PC on Feb 4th, so I'm hoping she'll sign! It's looking pretty good. I will keep that in mind about going to her first show, although I think her first show will be an open house that I originally was going to be part of that she invited me to. That's what got this whole thing started.:)

THanks for sharing!!!!

that is fantastic!! She's hooked for sure now!! Great job

finley1991 said:
Great job Deb!How did you encourage the bookings to be in the next 4 weeks?
Thanks! We just told everyone that she needed to have the shows done in her first 30 days to earn more stuff (the knives, extra PC dollars) and become a qualified consultant.I have stopped stressing about needing time to mail out invites and stuff. Personal phone calls are SOOOOO much more effective. I just had a show on Tuesday and the host called everyone on Friday & Saturday to invite them (so just 3-4 days in advance) and she had 13 people there. When we don't freak about the quick turn around the hosts don't either.

Haven't posted in a while... Had a 2 week bout of stomach virus which by the 2nd week had me pretty much not eating much more than mush... so, the upside is I lost 5 lbs... just not the good way to do it, unfortunately.

I'm still working on eating more foods than bananas, applesauce and crackers because I don't want to tax my poor tired gut, which apparently was quite tender after 2 weeks of ick..

No exercise in a while... other than housework though DD and I did walk the mall a little yesterday to kill time between buying her new sneakers and going to a playdate.

Related to Eating Healthy and Taking Responsibility: My Journey

1. What inspired you to start your journey towards eating healthier and taking responsibility for your health?

I have always struggled with my weight and health, but after experiencing a health scare, I realized that I needed to make a change. I wanted to take control of my health and feel better both physically and mentally.

2. How did you stay motivated throughout your journey?

I found support from friends and family, as well as joining online communities and groups dedicated to healthy eating and living. I also focused on setting achievable goals and celebrating small victories, which kept me motivated to continue on my journey.

3. What were some of the biggest challenges you faced while changing your eating habits?

The biggest challenge for me was breaking old habits and cravings for unhealthy foods. It took time and effort to find healthier alternatives and change my mindset about food. It was also challenging to navigate social situations and events where unhealthy food options were abundant.

4. How did Pampered Chef products help you on your journey?

Pampered Chef offers a variety of products that make healthy cooking and meal prep easier and more efficient. I found that using their products, such as the salad chopper and vegetable spiralizer, made it more enjoyable to incorporate more fruits and vegetables into my meals. The quality of their cookware also made it easier to cook healthier meals at home.

5. What advice do you have for someone who wants to start their own journey towards eating healthier and taking responsibility for their health?

My biggest advice would be to start small and make gradual changes. Don't try to overhaul your entire diet in one day, as that can be overwhelming and unsustainable. Instead, focus on making one healthy change at a time and build upon it. Also, find a support system and don't be too hard on yourself. It's okay to have setbacks, just keep moving forward and remember that your health is worth the effort.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• lesliec
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
Jennie4PC
Replies
Views
JaimeQ
Replies
Views
PattieChef21