• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Easy Fall Bookings with ChefRuthie's Delicious Rice Cooker Cake Demo

In summary, Becky shared her recipe for a Turtle Fudge Cake that can be made with just a few simple ingredients in just minutes. She also said that she has sold over 117 rice cookers since she started selling them, and that they are always a big seller.
ChefBeckyD
Gold Member
This morning - I spent some time on the phone with ChefRuthie. She is awesome - and has lots of good things to share, only she hates to type (Sorry if I'm giving away TMI Ruthie!:))

But - she has 15 Cooking Shows booked for September, and great ideas for booking October and beyond, and she gave me permission to share.

First, she does the Volcano Cake in the Rice Cooker for almost every show - and although I have really disliked the micro cakes in the fluted stone - she convinced me to try the rice cooker cake. So, I tried it. Using a Duncan Hines Dark Chocolate Fudge Cake, and Chocolate Fudge Frosting. It was good, and DS, who helped me make it, gave it 2 thumbs up! :thumbup::thumbup: I used the following products:

Rice Cooker
Shears (to cut open cake mix)
ERMC - 2 cup
prep bowl (eggs cracked into it)
Stainless Whisk
Stainless Medium Scoop
Medium SA Plate (I used Cranberry rimmed one)
Slice & Serve

And then - get this....because this is how she is getting bookings for October - she is turning it into a Turtle Fudge Cake by using the new Dots Trio Bowl.....toast pecans (in stoneware or saute pan), chop them with the chopper and place in one bowl, warm caramel sauce and place in 2nd, and then melt the rest of the chocolate frosting and place in the third (or just fill with chocolate chips). You can serve it all using the SA small plates and caddy set, and TA DA! The demo takes less than 15 minutes from start to finish. I made the cake with my son while chatting with Ruthie ~ it was that simple!

What a great way to incorporate SA into your demo, and book October full! This morning, as we were talking, we agreed that the reason we both had great Novembers last year was because we had great Octobers - so we want to book October full!

Attachments

• rice cooker recipes.doc
    73.5 KB · Views: 612
  • rice cooker recipes 2.doc
    80.5 KB · Views: 508
  • Rice Cooker recipes 08.doc
    93.5 KB · Views: 475
Sounds yummy. I want to make one right now, but we'd have to eat the entire thing. I don't like the texture after they cool.

Anyway, I had a great November last year and a great September, but just a so-so October. Back to the phone.

Awww, thanks Becky! I enjoyed talking with you and thank you for typing that up. I love to share ideas but would never have gotten around to typing it out! All the handouts were from other cheffers on here too. Thank you to all those that made these up and shared them. I usually just give the one that is 1 page to customers who purchase the Rice Cooker. I was curious in how many cookers I've sold in the past year. I've sold 117! When a host purchases one, she almost always gets the Medium Squares to go with it. I love the trio bowl and think that is going to be big seller for us.

chefruthie said:
Awww, thanks Becky! I enjoyed talking with you and thank you for typing that up. I love to share ideas but would never have gotten around to typing it out! All the handouts were from other cheffers on here too. Thank you to all those that made these up and shared them. I usually just give the one that is 1 page to customers who purchase the Rice Cooker. I was curious in how many cookers I've sold in the past year. I've sold 117! When a host purchases one, she almost always gets the Medium Squares to go with it. I love the trio bowl and think that is going to be big seller for us.
I've been meaning to get the Rice Cooker, but there are always other things I'd rather have.

JAE said:
I've been meaning to get the Rice Cooker, but there are always other things I'd rather have.

You'll love it. Becky had to dig hers from deep in the cabinet :eek:

JAE said:

Mine was sitting in the back of my cupboard unused, until I pulled it out this morning to make the cake. DS had Chocloate Fudge Volcano Cake for breakfast!:eek::D (it was coffee break time for me!)

My rice cooker has seen better days....maybe time to get a new one.

chefruthie said:
You'll love it. Becky had to dig hers from deep in the cabinet :eek:

LOL - Ruthie could hear the clattering and banging as I dug it out!

ChefBeckyD said:
LOL - Ruthie could hear the clattering and banging as I dug it out!

You'll have to find something else to takes it's place in that dark cabinet now. Your Rice cooker will be in use at all those September and October shows!!

chefruthie said:
You'll have to find something else to takes it's place in that dark cabinet now. Your Rice cooker will be in use at all those September and October shows!!
Probably the dots glasses and charms.:rolleyes: I won't be taking those to shows!

Thanks for sharing! I've only tried cake in the rice cooker once & it wasn't done in the center. How can you be sure it's done at the top? (bottom of rice cooker)

lacychef said:
Thanks for sharing! I've only tried cake in the rice cooker once & it wasn't done in the center. How can you be sure it's done at the top? (bottom of rice cooker)

The average sooking time for a 1000 watt microwave is 8 1/2 minutes. If you put too much frosting on it, it will be too runny. I just put 5 generous dollops with the Medium Scoop and drop it on the batter like the 5 on a dice. The frosting melts completely and is thin. If it is cake batter, it will be much thicker. I have made these so many times that I can now tell just by the smell if it is done or not! You may have to play around with it at your house to get comfortable with it.
It really is a WOW recipe and takes very little time or $ to make. My September Hosts are very excited to have this at their shows.

HTH

I love cake. I don't have the rice cooker and am unable to purchase any extra's right now... but I might just go out and buy a cake mix- MMMM love cake!

chefruthie said:
The average sooking time for a 1000 watt microwave is 8 1/2 minutes. If you put too much frosting on it, it will be too runny. I just put 5 generous dollops with the Medium Scoop and drop it on the batter like the 5 on a dice. The frosting melts completely and is thin. If it is cake batter, it will be much thicker. I have made these so many times that I can now tell just by the smell if it is done or not! You may have to play around with it at your house to get comfortable with it.
It really is a WOW recipe and takes very little time or $ to make. My September Hosts are very excited to have this at their shows.

HTH

I am doing it at my very first show in Sept!

When I did it at my house, I did it for 8 1/2 minutes (with Ruthie on the phone coaching me!) and it was perfect. My microwave is 1000 watts and has a turntable.

ChefBeckyD said:
I am doing it at my very first show in Sept!

When I did it at my house, I did it for 8 1/2 minutes (with Ruthie on the phone coaching me!) and it was perfect. My microwave is 1000 watts and has a turntable.

Yes a turntable! I have never done this in a microwave without one. I don't think I would either.
Becky did you have any leftovers for today? If so, how was it?

chefruthie said:
Yes a turntable! I have never done this in a microwave without one. I don't think I would either.
Becky did you have any leftovers for today? If so, how was it?

DH had some this morning for a coffee break. I was just going to have a piece right now - I'll be back to let you know!:D

Okay - just had a piece....it was a little dryer than yesterday.

But the most wonderful idea came to me while I was eating it. What if I substituted coffee for the water in the cake mix, and then, when it was done, sprinkled some of the new Hazelnut Mocha Sprinkles over it?

Yum! A Mocha Fudge Lava Cake!

Oh my word...that sounds delish!!! I will be offering this option too. You are so creative :chef:.

my upline made this at a show 3 years ago (i wasnt a consultant then) and she sold 5 of them that night...mine included. i also got a new microwave out of it. my old microwave was too small to use it ( and it was 10 years old!) so my hubby bought me a NEW one! i always tell everyone at my shows now about the "cake maker." i have never used mine for rice...dont even know HOW to make rice in it. LOL

OK~this is my recipe for ALL of my shows in September! wHAT A GREAT IDEA AND HOW MUCH BETTER CAN YOU GET WITH A 15 MINUTE DEMO! Sorry for the all caps, but this idea just sent me over the edge.....gotta go get on the phone! I love you guys!

chefmeg said:
OK~this is my recipe for ALL of my shows in September! wHAT A GREAT IDEA AND HOW MUCH BETTER CAN YOU GET WITH A 15 MINUTE DEMO! Sorry for the all caps, but this idea just sent me over the edge.....gotta go get on the phone! I love you guys!

Don't go over the edge Meg, just stay up on the mountaintop!! Glad you are so excited about this. Make sure you let us know how those calls turn out!

SLDOWDY1978 said:
my upline made this at a show 3 years ago (i wasnt a consultant then) and she sold 5 of them that night...mine included. i also got a new microwave out of it. my old microwave was too small to use it ( and it was 10 years old!) so my hubby bought me a NEW one! i always tell everyone at my shows now about the "cake maker." i have never used mine for rice...dont even know HOW to make rice in it. LOL

I've only used mine once for it. I have a host that calls this her "magic pot". She bought one and took it to work to make the cake for her co-workers. She called me before she even had a chance to eat her piece because 5 people told her to call me right then and order one for them. I told her if she collected a couple more orders we could turn it in as a catalog show. It ended up a $350 catalog show. Total Rice Cooker orders on that one ...11!! ;)

Another use is potatoes. My daughter put 4 medium size potatoes in...nothing else, microwaved for 8 mins. She made them for guests she had over and they were a huge hit. She said they were so good. I had to order 2 RC for the guests ;). I love it when my kids sell for me!

Thanks for the tips Ruthie! I'll just have to keep practicing...& watch my waistline grow more:rolleyes:

I've been doing this as an add-on recipe (so cheap!) but I love the idea of making the toppings and doing a quick demo!!!
(By the way-did the cake at a party on Wednesday and sold 4!!)

I do this cake at all of my shows as well, and always sell the RC as a result.
I usually do it after the main demo, and have the guests mixing as I chat about something else (hosting, etc).
Everyone is always amazed that I made a cake in the microwave, and it tastes so good.

I LOVE my rice cooker!! I used it for cakes for about a year or so, then people while they loved the cakes, got sick of them at shows. So I use mine at home ALL the time for RICE and noodles and things like that!! But I will have to start to re-offer the rice cooker cake using these ideas!!

Thanks!!

I have a question for you ladies that use the Rice Cooker all the time. Can you cook long grain rice in it? If so, do you cook it the same way or is the cooking time different? Got a girl that wants to buy one, but I am not sure if you can cook the long grain rice. I figured that you could, but wanted to give her directions for doing so. THANKS!!!! I am going to order me one from my open house. Can't wait to use it!!!

pampered.chris said:
I LOVE my rice cooker!! I used it for cakes for about a year or so, then people while they loved the cakes, got sick of them at shows. So I use mine at home ALL the time for RICE and noodles and things like that!! But I will have to start to re-offer the rice cooker cake using these ideas!!

Thanks!!

You're welcome!
It's funny, I would think the same thing, that people would be sick of them but they are the ones who keep asking for them! Fine by me :thumbup:! I also will have some Cool Whip in the EAD so they can pipe some on the side of their piece of turtle cake too. If you put it on the cake it will just melt because the cake is quite warm when you serve it :),

My favorite in the fall is to do a spice cake with caramel frosting - yum! and with some of our caramel sprinkles...mmmm... I think I will have to offer this in September as well! Now it has been 2 years since I've made a rice cooker cake - the lid is off correct?

Lid on! Well, that's the way I do it.:)

And a turntable is a must!

I made the cake yesterday and it was a HUGE hit! My friends that were here for a cookout are die-hard Fluted Pan cake eaters, so when I was making this, they asked, "what is the diff between this and the micro fluted cake"? We found out.............WAAAAAY more moist! I cannot wait to make this at my shows with all the info Ruthie gave! Thanks again!

1. How many Cooking Shows does ChefRuthie have booked for September?

ChefRuthie currently has 15 Cooking Shows booked for September.

2. What is ChefRuthie's signature dish for her Cooking Shows?

ChefRuthie's signature dish is the Volcano Cake in the Rice Cooker, which she demonstrates at almost every show.

3. What products does ChefRuthie use to make her Rice Cooker Cake?

ChefRuthie uses the Rice Cooker, Shears (to cut open cake mix), ERMC - 2 cup, prep bowl (eggs cracked into it), Stainless Whisk, Stainless Medium Scoop, Medium SA Plate (Cranberry rimmed one), and Slice & Serve to make her Rice Cooker Cake.

4. How does ChefRuthie turn her Rice Cooker Cake into a Turtle Fudge Cake?

ChefRuthie uses the new Dots Trio Bowl to turn her Rice Cooker Cake into a Turtle Fudge Cake. She toasts pecans in stoneware or a saute pan, chops them with the chopper, and places them in one bowl. She warms caramel sauce and places it in the second bowl, and melts the rest of the chocolate frosting and places it in the third (or just fills it with chocolate chips). She can then serve the cake using the SA small plates and caddy set.

5. How long does it take to make ChefRuthie's Rice Cooker Cake and Turtle Fudge Cake?

ChefRuthie's Rice Cooker Cake and Turtle Fudge Cake can be made in less than 15 minutes from start to finish.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• lorilynn
  • Pampered Chef Bookings
Replies
Views
chefann
  • Meigs
  • Pampered Chef Recipes
Replies
Views
Meigs
  • nickywsn