• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Easy Bride Cake Directions: Printable and Shareable!

When I make Barbie cakes, I use a ballerina top on the doll - if there's a little piece of tulle or "tutu" just sit on the top of the cake. That way, you don't have to ice the doll itself. then, I just tint the icing to match the outfit. My girls love it, because the top is then all sparkly - if you can find butterfly/flower sprinkles, etc. it makes it that much more special.
chefjulieg
Does anyone have directions printed or on your computer that I can email to a host/guest that wants to make this cake for her little girl? I can't find it on the PC website.

Thank you! Julie

Here's a file I have from a while back - I think this is what you're looking for:

Attachments

• Barbie Cake.doc
    19 KB · Views: 691
Here is a website that tells you how to make homemade (and yummy) fondant...this would be great on the "skirt" of the girl, and then just use other icing to decorate further!

Attachments

• How to make fondant- Recipe and website.doc
    142.5 KB · Views: 447
KellyTheChef said:
Here is a website that tells you how to make homemade (and yummy) fondant...this would be great on the "skirt" of the girl, and then just use other icing to decorate further!
Kelly, that is a great website! Thanks for posting it. How hard is it to make the fondant?

How do you transport the darn thing one you make it?

KellyTheChef said:

That is great, thanks Kelly!

My friend was just telling me how horrible fondant tastes but this sounds tasty enough and though a bit more than just whipping up some buttercream I love the effect of fondant (yeah... I watch way too much Ace of Cakes LOL)..

lkprescott said:
My friend was just telling me how horrible fondant tastes but this sounds tasty enough and though a bit more than just whipping up some buttercream I love the effect of fondant (yeah... I watch way too much Ace of Cakes LOL)..

I was thinking of "Ace of Cakes", too, while reading the thread! I love that show. I think Geof is my personal favorite. His expression and tone NEVER change! He's a crack up!!! They are quite a collection of people...

I have made fondant before which is just from the wilton site I think. Has anyone tried this recipe to cover a cake? I have a pastry background and I am always looking for new recipes!

I really need some help!!!I am making this cake for a shower that is tommorow. How to do you tranport it?! Should I ask the host if I can arrive early to assemble it? Or is there a way to carry thing cake without it arriving like road kill? Sorry, I just have visions of this all over the floor of my car if I dont pack it up right.
In short ladies....HELP!!!:cry:

If it is a multi-tiered cake I usually assemble them at the event. If it is one layer I use that shelf paper that is like a grippy foam. It's great to make something non slip. Like the old ones we got with the cutting boards. I will buy a box from AC Moore or Joannes and put the non slip stuff in the bottom of the box underneath the cake. I will either put it in the back seat, after I have leveled the area with towels or books and put things around it to keep the box from moving back and forth. There really isn't an art to it unless you have a van or suv. Ace of Cakes seems to have a large non slip mat to put the cakes on.

purchase a cake box to transport it in.

pcheftammy said:
I have made fondant before which is just from the wilton site I think. Has anyone tried this recipe to cover a cake? I have a pastry background and I am always looking for new recipes!
Yes, I have made this. It's very tasty and easy to work with!

Bridal shower Barbie cake is nice for the bride. But you could use the prep bowl and make bridesmaids cakes and decorate them in her colors too. How cute would that be for a centerpiece! And then the bridesmaids could take their cake home as special gift. It sounds like alot of work but the idea is awesome.

I'm making a bride cake using a batterbowl and prepbowl cake on top. The fondont tastes great. It looks perfect. I'll have to send the pics.

Easy Cheatwhen I do Barbie cakes, I use a ballerina top on the doll - if there's a little piece of tulle or "tutu" just sit on the top of the cake. That way, you don't have to ice the doll itself. then, I just tint the icing to match the outfit. My girls love it, because the top is then all sparkly - if you can find butterfly/flower sprinkles, etc. it makes it that much more special. I've even done a Bratz cake like this -put the head of the Bratz doll on the 1/2 doll I use for my cakes and the body suit. Worked beautifully!:chef: Wal-Mart and sometimes Safeway sells really inexpensive "ballet Barbies" with the body suit (usually Barbie's legs are painted the same colour as the suit to look like tights). They usually sell for $5 - $7 (Cdn). :balloon:

cathyskitchen said:
Here's a file I have from a while back - I think this is what you're looking for:

Hi...

I was searching barbie cake for a customer and found this thread. I hate to sound stupid, but I've never made a barbie cake... I had boys... four of them!

Anyway, the recipe says "batter bowls"... I'm assuming it's two, one small and one large, is that correct? I want to email the recipe to the customer.

Thanks!

caraighan said:
Hi...

I was searching barbie cake for a customer and found this thread. I hate to sound stupid, but I've never made a barbie cake... I had boys... four of them!

Anyway, the recipe says "batter bowls"... I'm assuming it's two, one small and one large, is that correct? I want to email the recipe to the customer.

Thanks!
I have the same question...What size batter bowls?
Thanks.

If I remember right, the recipe that comes with the Classic Batter Bowl says to bake two cakes, and use the bottom two inches of the second cake to make the cake tall enough to be in proportion with the Barbie.

sorry to bring up an old topic, but i'm doing a wedding shower sunday and want to do a doll cake in the small batter bowl. do you bake it on 350 just like in the classic batter bowl? thanks in advance!!!!!!!

Related to Easy Bride Cake Directions: Printable and Shareable!

What are the directions for making a bride cake?

The directions for making a bride cake vary depending on the specific recipe or product being used. It is best to refer to the instructions provided with the product or recipe for the most accurate and detailed directions.

What ingredients are needed to make a bride cake?

The ingredients for making a bride cake also vary depending on the recipe or product. In general, common ingredients for a bride cake may include flour, sugar, eggs, butter, baking powder, and vanilla extract. Again, it is best to refer to the specific recipe or product for accurate ingredient measurements and instructions.

Can I use a different pan size for a bride cake?

It is not recommended to use a different pan size for a bride cake as it can affect the final outcome and may not bake evenly. However, if you do choose to use a different pan size, be sure to adjust the baking time and keep an eye on the cake to prevent over or under baking.

How do I prevent my bride cake from sticking to the pan?

To prevent your bride cake from sticking to the pan, it is important to properly grease and flour the pan before adding the batter. You can also use parchment paper on the bottom of the pan to ensure easy removal. Allow the cake to cool for a few minutes before removing it from the pan.

Can I make a bride cake ahead of time?

Yes, you can make a bride cake ahead of time. However, it is best to wait to frost and decorate the cake until closer to the event or celebration. Store the unfrosted cake in an airtight container or wrap it tightly in plastic wrap and keep it in the refrigerator for up to 3 days or in the freezer for up to 3 months. Allow the cake to come to room temperature before frosting and decorating.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• PamperedByJulie
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
jdavis
  • PamperedSD
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
PamperedSD
  • scottcooks