• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Easy and Delicious Cornbread Recipe for Any Occasion

In summary, these cornbread muffins are very easy to make and are a great way to use up leftover cake mix. They are also a great snack or breakfast option.
ragschef
1 (9 ounce) box corn muffin mix
1 (18 ounce) box yellow cake mix
1/3 cup milk
4 eggs
1/3 cup butter, melted
1 cup water

Preheat oven to 350.
Thoroughly spray muffin pan cups with non-stick spray.
Pour mixes into large batter bowl.
Add remaining ingredients and stir well.
The batter will be very thick.
Pour into prepared muffin cups.
I made 12 regular sized muffins and 24 mini muffins from one batch of this batter, and had a tiny bit left over for the"bowl lickers".
Bake mini muffins for 15 minutes, or until golden.
Bake regular sized muffins for 20 minutes, or until golden.

You can do it in the mini muffin pan or in the large bar pan. My daughter likes them both. I also add onions and jalpenos to half of the mixture for myself when I use the muffin pan.

You'll be surprised how good this really is. When I first got it from a friend, I thought, "cake mix? in a cornbread recipe?", but it truly is good...

Enjoy!

This recipe pairs very well with the Chunky Beef Chili on the recipe search box on CC. I use it atleast 5 times in a winter...

This sounds so good! I am going to have to go get a yellow cake mix and give it a try.

My son LOVES muffins - I think he would really like these!

Shoot - and we just had the 20 Minute Chili this past weekend.....think it's too soon to make it again?:balloon:

OR how well do you think cornbread goes with whitefish and sundried tomato/feta pasta?:D

I don't know about ragschef but around here... cornbread goes with just about anything! :)

quiverfull7 said:
I don't know about ragschef but around here... cornbread goes with just about anything! :)

Yeah, but Diane - you know where I live.....and it's not the land of cornbread and grits!;) I'm still going to try it though!

Well... in GR and my family in other parts of MI ... we grew up on Johnny Cake...yum... (smothered in butter and syrup... can you tell I'm hungry???) which is my preferred way to eat cornbread but that's pretty much a different recipe all together than these awesome cornbreads from good southern cooks. My favorite one here is make with a can of creamed corn in it and it's SO good! and GRITS! We love em! Can't say as I'd put cornbread with feta and pasta though... but a good ole biscuit sounds great! :)

I use a box of instant vanilla pudding. It makes them sweet. My family LOVES them!! Now that I live in the South I'm finding it's sacreligious to mess with a cornbread mix :D

I bake my cornbread muffins in the privacy of my own home so word doesn't get out <<shhh>>

Omg!!!!
ragschef said:
1 (9 ounce) box corn muffin mix
1 (18 ounce) box yellow cake mix
1/3 cup milk
4 eggs
1/3 cup butter, melted
1 cup water

Preheat oven to 350.
Thoroughly spray muffin pan cups with non-stick spray.
Pour mixes into large batter bowl.
Add remaining ingredients and stir well.
The batter will be very thick.
Pour into prepared muffin cups.
I made 12 regular sized muffins and 24 mini muffins from one batch of this batter, and had a tiny bit left over for the"bowl lickers".
Bake mini muffins for 15 minutes, or until golden.
Bake regular sized muffins for 20 minutes, or until golden.

You can do it in the mini muffin pan or in the large bar pan. My daughter likes them both. I also add onions and jalpenos to half of the mixture for myself when I use the muffin pan.

You'll be surprised how good this really is. When I first got it from a friend, I thought, "cake mix? in a cornbread recipe?", but it truly is good...

Enjoy!

This recipe pairs very well with the Chunky Beef Chili on the recipe search box on CC. I use it atleast 5 times in a winter...

This is an AWESOME recipe!!!! I filled 3 mini-muffin pans full and they are GONE! We did send a few in for my kids' teacher, but most were devoured by the kids. Really easy too. I'm heading out to stock-up on corn muffin mix ~ G-d forbid we crave these and I'm out of ingredients. lol.

TY for sharing this recipe! Is it a PC recipe?

quiverfull7 said:

We gobbled them up, for snack & breakfast! Poof, gone!

mmm... these would be great for breakfast with some honey or jelly and a big cup of strong coffee. Great. Now I'm hungry.

chefann said:
mmm... these would be great for breakfast with some honey or jelly and a big cup of strong coffee.

Great. Now I'm hungry.
Ann, you always do this to yourself after you get to work!:rolleyes: Silly girl!:D

Micah and I are eating a pumpkin bar right now! (need a smilie licking his lips here)

quiverfull7 said:
Well... in GR and my family in other parts of MI ... we grew up on Johnny Cake...yum... (smothered in butter and syrup... can you tell I'm hungry???) which is my preferred way to eat cornbread but that's pretty much a different recipe all together than these awesome cornbreads from good southern cooks. My favorite one here is make with a can of creamed corn in it and it's SO good! and GRITS! We love em! Can't say as I'd put cornbread with feta and pasta though... but a good ole biscuit sounds great! :)

Diane, will you share that recipe please???? I always have a can of creamed corn (grew up with corn soup - just add milk, heat and melt a little butter on top. yum!).

quiverfull7 said:

Now you got me thinking about some good ol' cathead biscuits with white gravy.... mmmm..... My mom used to makethem every Sunday morning before church and oh how I miss them. I can't make them like she used to....
Grits went very well with cathead gravy biscuits too.

I love the cornbread with creamed corn it too. My daughter wont it those but she likes the sweeter breads. She's only 3 though. Her tastebuds are still growing an will change with time.... I hope....

its_me_susan said:
This is an AWESOME recipe!!!! I filled 3 mini-muffin pans full and they are GONE! We did send a few in for my kids' teacher, but most were devoured by the kids. Really easy too. I'm heading out to stock-up on corn muffin mix ~ G-d forbid we crave these and I'm out of ingredients. lol.

TY for sharing this recipe! Is it a PC recipe?

It's not a PC recipe. Just one my family has lived with for years. Glad you like it. :D

Looks yummy! Thanks for sharing!

Thanks Amanda for this yummy recipe. I'm trying it out this week with my family with potato soup. I'm using this one for my January shows. I wanted a different take on cornbread. I'm making it in the mini loaf pan to showcase the stoneware.

Related to Easy and Delicious Cornbread Recipe for Any Occasion

1. Can I use a different type of muffin mix or cake mix for this recipe?

Yes, you can experiment with different types of mixes to find your preferred flavor. Just make sure to adjust the amount of liquid ingredients accordingly to maintain the desired consistency of the batter.

2. Can I use a different type of milk for this recipe?

Yes, you can use any type of milk you prefer, such as almond milk or soy milk. Keep in mind that different types of milk may affect the final taste and texture of the cornbread.

3. Can I use margarine instead of butter?

Yes, you can use margarine instead of butter in this recipe. However, butter will give the cornbread a richer and more authentic flavor.

4. Can I add additional ingredients to this recipe?

Yes, you can customize this recipe by adding in extra ingredients like onions, jalapenos, or cheese. Just make sure to adjust the amount of liquid ingredients to maintain the desired consistency of the batter.

5. Can I make this recipe in a different type of pan?

Yes, you can make this recipe in a mini muffin pan, regular muffin pan, or even a large bar pan. Just make sure to adjust the baking time accordingly depending on the size of the pan.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• DebPC
  • Pampered Chef Recipes
Replies
Views
sharalam
  • cookingwithdot
  • Pampered Chef Recipes
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
Replies