• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Early Labor Struggles: My Baby Update & 35 Week Belly Pic

In summary, Gil is in early labor but still having regular contractions and is waiting for something to push her to leave or stay in the UK. She is worried about her health and the health of her baby.
What a sweet little angel!

Congratulations to you all!!!

She is a cutie pie. Best wishes and Congratulations!!!!!! Now get some rest.

janetupnorth said:
...for a brief moment, I'm with you...then I come to my senses and realize I have no place to put another! :eek:

...and then there is that little surgery my hubby had done when our youngest was 1... :rolleyes:
Same thing with us but it makes me so want to have 1 last baby whenever I see new babies!:( :p

She's beautiful, enjoy every minute!! They grow up fast!!

Congrats!!!:D

Congrats!!!! My DH was SO happy to hear that you had Baylor because I had been checking this thread constantly waiting to hear. His comment, "Finally! Now you'll stop checking this thing so much!" HA! That's what he thinks!!!

She's so cute!! Congrats and take care of yourself and baby:)

Thanks guys! I am in a LOT of pain today- not feeling very well! My milk is coming in and that adds to the abdominal pain that I am already having. Baylor slept all day yesterday and was up every two hours to eat. Hopefully I will feel better soon!

gilliandanielle said:
Thanks guys! I am in a LOT of pain today- not feeling very well! My milk is coming in and that adds to the abdominal pain that I am already having. Baylor slept all day yesterday and was up every two hours to eat. Hopefully I will feel better soon!

CONGRADULATIONS GILLIAN! I take 1 day to concentrate on PC and I missed the pictures. I am late for church but couldn't resist! You daughter is BEAUTIFUL!

Rest gently with a lullaby :) I hope you will start to feel better soon!

She is soooooooo CUTE!!!! Congrat's********

Congrats, Gillian! She is adorable.

I'm sorry you're in so much pain - I hope it gets better soon! {{{HUGS}}}

Congratulations Gillian! Here is a prayer out for your fast recovery

Oh, she's beautiful. No pointy head ;)

I hope you feel better VERY SOON! Take care of yourself and let other people take care of you (and your children) as much as possible.

Any news yet???

naekelsey said:
Any news yet???

YES!:)
Go back to page 21 of this thread.

She is perfect!:p

Ya know, sometimes you say the baby is beautiful to be polite, but OMG, she just is sooo pretty!

I have been reading this thread but haven't posted till today. The photos you posted! Oh my, you have a beautiful baby. I hope you feel better soon and get plenty of rest.

CONGRATULATIONS

Oh wow! What a BEAUTIFUL girlie!!!!!!!! Congrats again!!!

Here is the birth story for anyone who is interested in the "play by play".

My induction started at 6:30am. I was checked over by the nurses, had an IV started and did all the preliminary stuff. I have been having contractions for weeks, but they were pretty sporadic. My doctor came in at 7:30 and broke my water (2-3 cms dialated). After about 30 mins of monitoring I got up to walk the halls to see if we could move things along and avoid the pitocin.

My husband and I walked around the halls of the hospital from 8-9:30am, then went back to the room to wait for my mom. The contractions were getting stronger, but not closer together. I walked laps in the delivery suite to keep them going, but everytime I sat down they would stop. My mom arrived around 10am and we just sat around waiting for something to happen. At 11am we all took another walk until 12pm. I was checked again at noon and was 3cms. I started getting frustrated because they were getting stronger and uncomfortable where I had to close my eyes to get through them, but I was hardly dialating.

After yet another walk I was so exausted that I got in bed hoping that I would drift off to sleep. The contractions were 6 minutes apart and strong enough to wake me up when I drifted off, but they had been 6 mins apart for hours. I asked my doctor to start the pitocin and she did around 1:30pm. They just gave me a tiny bit hoping it would give my body a tiny push, but not overwhelm me. The contractions started coming every 2 minutes and were getting stronger. I lasted until 2:30 when I was bawling through each contraction and begged for my epidural at 3-4 cms. After they finally got the epidural in each contraction got more and more bearable, but it wasn't complete bliss like my other epidurals had been.

I was very frustrated by this point because the epidural slowed the contractions down, but I was still feeling some pain. Over the next hour (3-4pm) the contractions were about 4 minutes apart and I could feel them, but didn't have to focus. My guess for the birth time was 4:30pm, and my mom, DH and I were joking about how wrong I was because nothing was happening. My nurse came in and I asked when they were going to check me next. I told her I probably just needed to fart but I went from 4-10cms with my first DD in 10 minutes so you never know.

Sure enough she checked me at 4:40pm and ran to get the doctor. As they were setting up the delivery stuff I could feel Baylor moving down with each contraction. When my doc gave me the okay I started pushing. On the third push her head was out to the ears and I had to wait for another contraction. It hurt so badly I wanted to push but couldn't. The next push delivered her head and left arm (OUUUUCH!!). The fifth push delivered my healthy baby girl. Eight minutes after my cervical check I was holding my baby girl.

I had no tears and didn't need any stitches. My placenta came out extremely calcified and the doctor said it was a good thing that we went with the induction. We all expected her to be bigger (6lbs 8ozs) but the doctor said that because of the placenta's condition that she probably is as big as she was going to ever get.

We spent the afternoon introducing her to her family and friends and I FINALLY got to eat after starving all day Thursday.

Here are some pics of me meeting my daughter, and the proud big sister. My DS was more interested in seeing mommy again and unplugging machines but was excited to see the baby.
P6070094.jpg

P6070136.jpg

OMG - what a cutie! All 3 of you!!

What a story with such a happy ending! Are you starting to feel better now? I forget, did your regular OB do the delivery or the one that you didn't initially like?

Wow, you trooper!!! Congratulations again and your family is beautiful!!!

Gillian, who is the man who is sitting with your daughter(s!)? What a great story and what great picutres!

Great Job!!WHAT A PROUD DAY FOR MOMMY AND DADDY!! AND BIG SISTER!!

WHAT A GREAT DELIVERY STORY. I AM SO NOT LOOKING FORWARD TO THE PAIN BUT I AM READY FOR MY BABY!! I AM 33 WEEKS TODAY!

I will not be getting an epidural again so please pray that I won't die!! LOL

I will be going to the doctor on Wednesday to get a check up and to see if I am dialated at all. I hope I am. This baby feels very, very low!!

Gillian your baby is beautiful and you don't look so bad after a hectic labor! Thanks for sharing this with us. It makes us feel as if we were there with you. Are you nursing or are you doing formula?

Baylor is so precious!! Enjoy it because it won't last forever!!

Debbie :D

Awww, big sis looks pretty happy!:)

What a beautiful family and Baylor is just heaven sent! After your description of the delivery I know why her head wasn't in a cone shape....she just was happy where she was and then quickly decided it was time to see Mommy!

I applaud you, Gillian, for tolerating such a long and painful birth. You did good!

As I was reading over the last few pages, I was imagining everyone getting a chance to hold her!!! She would be a tired baby if we all were able to hold her and fuss with her like we all want to!

Deb, you know that everyone's birth process is different. With me, I had a meeting at that ended at noon. I drove home (25 mile drive) and had a contraction every 7 miles!!! Went to my husbands work to tell him that I thought it was time. Called the doctor at home and they said to go in to get checked. I went in the office (another 30 mile drive) and the doctor told me to get the hospital asap. They had to break my water soon after they wheeled me into labor and delivery. And four pushes later my beautiful son was born. He was born around 4:30.

Ofcourse you will experience pain, but a few years later, I had an abcessed tooth and I would have rather gone through labor ANYTIME compaired with that pain!! (at least you have a beautiful baby to bring home for your pain and suffering!!) I have heard that kidney stones are worse pain than child birth. I remember being so afraid to go into labor, but you will do wonderful. The dr.'s and nurses take such good care of you. And those women know what you are going through!!!

baychef said:
As I was reading over the last few pages, I was imagining everyone getting a chance to hold her!!! She would be a tired baby if we all were able to hold her and fuss with her like we all want to!

Kinda makes me wish we lived in a society where the whole village did raise the kids - where my kids had lots of "aunties" to be passed around to!

Katie- the other OB delivered me (the partner of my real doc) but not the midwife that I REALLY didn't like.

Cathy- that is my dad in the yellow shirt. My DD is only 3 so we were a little unsure whether she should hold the baby by herself or not. She did a great job but he was there on "standby" just in case, LOL!

Debbie- I think that anyone who has a baby without drugs is SUPERWOMAN!! Good luck! I will send you all my dialation dust now that I don't need it anymore. I am doing formula because I could breastfeed my first so I decided I was going to have bottle babies.

ADORABLE pics!! I'm so happy for you Gillian! I love to hear baby stories. I STILL watch "A Baby Story" on TLC and my youngest is 2 1/2 now. I've loved that show ever since I was pregnant with my 5 1/2 year old.

Great job, Gillian!!!! You're a trooper AND you make some beautiful kids!:)

Great picturesThose are great pictures of you and baby and then grandpa and your three year old. I know my three year old is going to want to carry our newborn and we will be sure to have a standby near her too!! LOL

Well I wouldn't say superwoman, it was very painful!! But I have had such bad experiences with my epidural that I prefer to do without.

Also with this being my fifth, and my last labor at 36 1/2 weeks coming so quickly, I hope I dialate quickly again and have the baby within a few hours.

Hey Debbie- I just sent you an e-mail- did you get it yet?

Here is another pic I just found on my camera from when we got home on Saturday:

100_2910.jpg

Gillian I am sure you have been told but make sure to watch your oldest with Baylor my 3 yr old if I ran upstairs for anything she was either putting her in her doll stroller or carrying her up the stairs. She will still carry her places but My youngest is now 11 months.

Thanks Jennie- I think she is still a little timid to pick her up without us, but in a few weeks I'll have to be more careful, LOL!

Here is another pic of what Baylor is doing while mommy is hanging out with the cheffers:
100_2915.jpg

I got itI got it Gillian. Thanks, I sent one back too.

What gorgeous kids! They are so cute! That is a great picture!

Awwhh, Gill what cuties, all 3! How proud you must be!

As everyone else has said....she is beautiful!

I've been away with NO INTERNET ACCESS since Thursday. First chance I got I had to check this thread. Thanks so much for posting the pictures. I'm so happy for you and your family.

WOW!! What else can I say .... Beautiful GIllian...simply beautiful... Enjoy your new family...

Congratulations, Gillian! I'm so excited for you and glad it's all over! Your kids are absolutely adorable! So happy for you all!

Congratulations Gillian!!!

gilliandanielle said:
Here are some pics- the first is at about 16 hours old, and the second was this morning before we left the hospital...
100_2889.jpg

100_2907.jpg

CONGRATS!!!! She is adorable!! :)

Awwwwwwwww!!!!!!

She is beautiful and so are your other two. God bless!
:)

Thanks everyone! I SO wish that I lived by you guys so that we could get together and everyone could get a chance to hold her... If I thought that I could actually handle conference I would just bring her along. :D

gilliandanielle said:
Thanks everyone! I SO wish that I lived by you guys so that we could get together and everyone could get a chance to hold her... If I thought that I could actually handle conference I would just bring her along. :D

Hey, that CAN be an option!;) But, you'd have to stay for all 3 waves, so we could all see ya!

Congratulations! She's beautiful. Get some rest!

I can't believe that tomorrow she will already be 1 week old! It seems like we waited forever for you to have this baby! How do you like that I said WE waited?! I know you're over there saying WEEEE:confused: :confused: :eek: :eek: ????
But you know what I mean, right!?!
She really is a pretty girl and it's just amazing to me that it's already been a week tomorrow!:eek: :rolleyes: ;)

Congratulations, Gillian and family!!!!!!!! Baylor is beautiful!

Huge Congratulations! Beautiful!!! Enjoy!

MissChef said:
I can't believe that tomorrow she will already be 1 week old! It seems like we waited forever for you to have this baby! How do you like that I said WE waited?! I know you're over there saying WEEEE:confused: :confused: :eek: :eek: ????
But you know what I mean, right!?!
She really is a pretty girl and it's just amazing to me that it's already been a week tomorrow!:eek: :rolleyes: ;)
I can't believe it either! They really do grow so fast! Too bad I spent so much of the first week in pain! With the tubal I am really emotional about everything she does because I know it is the last time... wimper, wimper!!

<h2>1. What are the signs of early labor?</h2><p>Early labor can be characterized by contractions that become more frequent, regular, and intense. Other signs may include a bloody show, back pain, and the breaking of the water.</p><h2>2. How did you know you were in early labor?</h2><p>I woke up with blood running down my legs and began experiencing contractions 1 minute apart lasting 1 minute. I also had a closed cervix at the time.</p><h2>3. Did you have any pain relief during early labor?</h2><p>I declined an epidural because I wanted to progress further before getting any drugs. However, I did experience hard contractions all night without any pain relief.</p><h2>4. What should you do if you are in early labor?</h2><p>If you are in early labor, it is important to stay calm and follow your healthcare provider's instructions. They may advise you to come into the hospital if your contractions become more frequent or if you experience other signs of labor. It is also important to have a support person with you during this time.</p><h2>5. What is the update on your pregnancy?</h2><p>As of now, I am 36 weeks pregnant and still undecided on whether to stay or leave Pampered Chef. I am experiencing "early labor" and will update when there is any progress or changes.</p>

1. What are the signs of early labor?

Early labor can be characterized by contractions that become more frequent, regular, and intense. Other signs may include a bloody show, back pain, and the breaking of the water.

2. How did you know you were in early labor?

I woke up with blood running down my legs and began experiencing contractions 1 minute apart lasting 1 minute. I also had a closed cervix at the time.

3. Did you have any pain relief during early labor?

I declined an epidural because I wanted to progress further before getting any drugs. However, I did experience hard contractions all night without any pain relief.

4. What should you do if you are in early labor?

If you are in early labor, it is important to stay calm and follow your healthcare provider's instructions. They may advise you to come into the hospital if your contractions become more frequent or if you experience other signs of labor. It is also important to have a support person with you during this time.

5. What is the update on your pregnancy?

As of now, I am 36 weeks pregnant and still undecided on whether to stay or leave Pampered Chef. I am experiencing "early labor" and will update when there is any progress or changes.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
DebbieSAChef
Replies
Views
heather223
Replies
Views
PamperedDor
  • pampered1224
  • General Chat