• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Double Boiler Needed for Christmas Candies - 89502

In summary, a double boiler is a kitchen tool used for gently heating and melting ingredients without burning them. It consists of two stacked pots with water in the bottom pot, and is important for making Christmas candies to avoid scorching or burning the ingredients. While it is possible to use a regular pot or saucepan, a double boiler is highly recommended for a more controlled and even melting process. They can be purchased at kitchen supply stores or online, or made at home with a heat-safe glass bowl and pot of simmering water. To clean and care for a double boiler, it should be washed with warm soapy water and dried thoroughly before storing. It can also be used for a variety of other cooking tasks, such as melting chocolate or
ughubug
I NEED a double boiler...christmas candies are upon us and now I NEED one :)

Ships to 89502, will do paypal Please contact!

I have one! Please let me know if you still need one. Don't know what to charge. Any suggestions?

Well, you don't really *need* one. Stick a bowl on top of a saucepan and *voilà*...double boiler.

Related to Double Boiler Needed for Christmas Candies - 89502

1. What is a double boiler and why do I need it for making Christmas candies?

A double boiler is a kitchen tool used for gently heating and melting ingredients, such as chocolate or sugar, without burning them. It consists of two stacked pots, with the bottom pot filled with water that is heated to a simmer. The steam from the water gently heats the ingredients in the top pot, allowing for a more controlled and even melting process. This is important for making Christmas candies to avoid scorching or burning the ingredients.

2. Can I use a regular pot or saucepan instead of a double boiler?

While it is possible to use a regular pot or saucepan for melting ingredients, a double boiler is highly recommended for making Christmas candies. The gentle and even heat from a double boiler helps prevent the ingredients from burning or seizing, which can ruin the texture and taste of the candies. Plus, a double boiler allows for more control over the melting process.

3. Where can I purchase a double boiler for making Christmas candies?

You can purchase a double boiler at most kitchen supply stores or online retailers. Pampered Chef also offers a high-quality double boiler as part of our cookware collection. Alternatively, you can create your own double boiler by using a heat-safe glass bowl placed on top of a pot of simmering water.

4. How do I clean and care for my double boiler?

To clean a double boiler, let it cool down completely before washing it with warm soapy water. Avoid using abrasive cleaners or scrubbers, as they can damage the surface of the pot. If there are any stubborn food particles or residue, let the pot soak in warm soapy water for a few minutes before washing. To extend the life of your double boiler, avoid using metal utensils, as they can scratch the surface. Always dry the pot thoroughly before storing it.

5. Can I use a double boiler for other cooking tasks besides making Christmas candies?

Yes, a double boiler can be used for a variety of cooking tasks, such as melting chocolate for desserts, making custards or sauces, and even steaming vegetables. It is a versatile kitchen tool that can come in handy for many recipes that require gentle and even heating.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• mom4angela
  • Buy Pampered Chef Items
Replies
Views
dannyzmom
  • brandi
  • Buy Pampered Chef Items
Replies
Views
ardipc
  • higoobs