• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Does tissue ripping from a tissue box annoy you?

In summary, when someone makes a post like this one?Then follows it with another post right away?When they could have just gone back...If someone makes a post like this one, then it is considered annoying and they should not do it. If someone else posts after the first post, then it is okay.
The_Kitchen_Guy
Silver Member
When someone makes a post like this one?

Then follows it with another post right away?

When they could have just gone back...

...and added another line with an edit like this one?

Last edited:
I just thought I'd ask.

But then again, I'm one of those people too lazy to go back and edit.

If they're right in a row

Then, yes, it's annoying.
But if someone else has posted since the first post, then it makes sense.

Last edited:
Oh crap....

I have done this before...

Darn, CS is set up so you have to wait 20 seconds to post too!

Thanks, all. For a wonderful laugh at 6 am!

Trish In Texas
Independent Consultant

The_Kitchen_Guy said:
I just thought I'd ask.
I think when that happens you are considered a "PS"......:D

What number of posts officially give you the title PS?

PS is a state of mind, not a post count. :)

chefann said:
PS is a state of mind, not a post count. :)

Shoot! You would think by now, I would know not to take a drink of coffee just as I am getting ready to read a post by you Ann!

Will I never learn? (said as I am wiping off my screen with a microfiber towel.......)

Posts by Ann OR KG! I stand guilty ... of posting in that fashion and thus of annoying KG...which I would never do intentionally!

The_Kitchen_Guy said:
When someone makes a post like this one?

Nope... should it?

The_Kitchen_Guy said:
Then follows it with another post right away?

Not at all... though I just found out that this forum won't let you post short posts... hrmm...

The_Kitchen_Guy said:
When they could have just gone back...

...and added another line with an edit like this one?

Yes well... edits are all fine and good but if someone reads it unedited and they post as you edit then you could just as well screwed up what they were about to say and I'd have to say... that's more annoying.

The_Kitchen_Guy said:
I just thought I'd ask.

Thanks for asking... you PS you...

Darn those 30 seconds....

lkprescott said:
Not at all... though I just found out that this forum won't let you post short posts... hrmm...
It won't let you post shorts, either, so you cannot be brief.

The_Kitchen_Guy said:
It won't let you post shorts, either, so you cannot be brief.

I was underwear of that until it happened...

Thongs very much!

quiverfull7 said:
Posts by Ann OR KG! I stand guilty ... of posting in that fashion and thus of annoying KG...which I would never do intentionally!
You're making an assumption. I never said it annoyed me, I just asked if it annoyed anyone.

Besides, you're not annoying.

lkprescott said:
I was underwear of that until it happened...

Thongs very much!
You have to be quick in this thread if you Jockey for position, otherwise, you might get hosed.

The_Kitchen_Guy said:
You have to be quick in this thread if you Jockey for position, otherwise, you might get hosed.

I can pretty Speedo when I wanna be...

Ah yes but the hosing may water the fruit of the loom so all will be well!

lkprescott said:
I can pretty Speedo when I wanna be...
I think you're stalking me. It make me chemise with anticipation.

The_Kitchen_Guy said:
I think you're stalking me. It make me chemise with anticipation.

Oh great, just let it slip why don't ya (full slip... half slip... you decide)... no, not stalking... or stocking... I like to think myself a bra-beater who keeps you on your toes sometimes.

I think this thread is officially hijacked. Of corsets a natural progression for a thread here.

Have to say "guilty as charged" here! If I am on my "slower" connection - home...it is much quicker to type another post when the additional thought suddenly hit me (often happens right when you click the post quick reply button)...then to try to go back and edit the previous post. Editing previous posts often take so long to come back up...If that annoys anyone...oh well, there are more important things in life to get worked up by...like the jerk who took Paige and won't tell her family where she is. It irks me that those kids have to celebrate a "FAMILY HOLIDAY" tomorrow separated and without their mom.Ok, end soapbox...

janetupnorth said:
Have to say "guilty as charged" here!

If I am on my "slower" connection - home...it is much quicker to type another post when the additional thought suddenly hit me (often happens right when you click the post quick reply button)...then to try to go back and edit the previous post. Editing previous posts often take so long to come back up...

If that annoys anyone...oh well, there are more important things in life to get worked up by...like the jerk who took Paige and won't tell her family where she is. It irks me that those kids have to celebrate a "FAMILY HOLIDAY" tomorrow separated and without their mom.

Ok, end soapbox...

That has been on my mind today too - I posted that on the "missing" thread, but again - so bittersweet to think of all I am thankful for, and then to know that Paige's kids are separated from their mom - and also probably their grandparents........extra thoughts and prayers for their family during this time!

:D Personally ~ I look forward to your posts KG!!! :D :D

No, it doesn't annoy me, but you want to know what annoys me? Too bad if you don't....I really get annoyed when I pull a tissue from a tissue box and it rips!

I hate going to a fast food joint where some dumbas$ has overstuffed the napkin dispenser so you can't pull any napkins out. The same dumbas$ works at the gas station, too, and does the same thing to the towel dispenser.

Yes, KG! You'd think they'd get a clue when they have to clean the ripped up napkins/paper towels (and this happens with toilet paper, too) off the floor. Some people!

The_Kitchen_Guy said:
I hate going to a fast food joint where some dumbas$ has overstuffed the napkin dispenser so you can't pull any napkins out. The same dumbas$ works at the gas station, too, and does the same thing to the towel dispenser.

At least there's towels and napkins... very annoying to NEED such things only to find all dispensers empty. *cue spooky music* :eek:

Or, in a related issue, when they load the napkin dispensers the wrong way, and you can't grab an edge to pull one out.

Or when you finally do get one out the dispenser springs open and they fly all over the place!

I'm now in a state where the mail abbreviation is the same as a brand name of personal lubricant - which seems appropriate somehow.

Like this annoyance - people who have determined that whatever speed they have chosen is the proper speed that everyone must travel, so they...

• Will not speed up or slow down when alongside a vehicle going the same speed
  • Pull over to let faster traffic past or worse
  • Speed up when someone does try to pass them.

ARRRRGH! :mad:

Personal to You-know-who-you-are: I wanted to stop in Louisville at the H&B Museum, but you know there's an old bat in Louisville who would just as soon club me to death with a Louisville Slugger, so I went right on through.

The_Kitchen_Guy said:
I'm now in a state where the mail abbreviation is the same as a brand name of personal lubricant - which seems appropriate somehow.

Like this annoyance - people who have determined that whatever speed they have chosen is the proper speed that everyone must travel, so they...

• Will not speed up or slow down when alongside a vehicle going the same speed
  • Pull over to let faster traffic past or worse
  • Speed up when someone does try to pass them.

ARRRRGH! :mad:

Personal to You-know-who-you-are: I wanted to stop in Louisville at the H&B Museum, but you know there's an old bat in Louisville who would just as soon club me to death with a Louisville Slugger, so I went right on through.

Heh... come on up to PA... the tailgate state... it's been determined that only 4" is necessary to merge in front of another person (yes, I meant to say inches not feet *giggle*)... at least that's what it would seem to me from what my fellow motorists attempt at driving with others... I love saying "at least ask me my name" when they get so far up my butt I can't even see their grill or headlights anymore...

I have to admit my fav *blech* is when someone goes into the passing lane to slow down... then you're forced to pass them on the right... they gotta stop smokin' crack, I tell ya...

lkprescott said:
Heh... come on up to PA... the tailgate state... it's been determined that only 4" is necessary to merge in front of another person (yes, I meant to say inches not feet *giggle*)... at least that's what it would seem to me from what my fellow motorists attempt at driving with others... I love saying "at least ask me my name" when they get so far up my butt I can't even see their grill or headlights anymore...
Could that "friendliness" be derived from Philly, city of brotherly love? hmmm?

Yeah, Philly, where they boo kids at the Easter Egg Hunt that don't find any eggs.

KY sounds like fun!

And, for the record, those posts annoy me as well. Especially when I click on "New Posts" and I see three or four of those and I have to really go back and see what everyone was talking about. Very inconvenient! LOL

JAE said:
No, it doesn't annoy me, but you want to know what annoys me? Too bad if you don't....I really get annoyed when I pull a tissue from a tissue box and it rips!

ROTFLOL!!!! That is funny!

Related to Does tissue ripping from a tissue box annoy you?

1. Why do tissues sometimes rip from the tissue box?

There are a few reasons why tissues may rip from the box. One common reason is that the tissues were not pulled out straight, causing them to tear. Another possibility is that the box may be low on tissues, making it easier for them to rip. Lastly, the cardboard opening on the tissue box may be worn or damaged, making it more difficult to pull tissues out smoothly.

2. How can I prevent tissues from ripping from the box?

To prevent tissues from ripping, make sure to pull them out straight and avoid pulling too many at once. If the box is low on tissues, try pushing down on the top of the stack to create more tension and make it easier to pull out a single tissue. You can also try using a tissue box cover or dispenser, which can help keep the tissues in better condition.

3. Is it normal for tissues to rip from the box?

Occasional tissue ripping is normal and can happen for various reasons. However, if you find that a large number of tissues are consistently ripping from the box, it may be a sign of low quality tissues or a damaged box. In this case, it may be helpful to switch to a different brand of tissues or replace the tissue box.

4. How do I know if the tissue box is damaged?

If you notice that the tissue box is torn or damaged, it may be time to replace it. Additionally, if the cardboard opening is bent or worn, it may be causing the tissues to tear more easily. You can also check the bottom of the box for any signs of water damage or mold, which can also make it difficult to pull out tissues.

5. Can using a tissue holder or dispenser help prevent tissue ripping?

Yes, using a tissue holder or dispenser can help prevent tissues from ripping. These products are designed to keep tissues in good condition and make it easier to pull them out one at a time. They also add a decorative touch to your space and can make it easier to keep tissues organized and easily accessible.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
raebates
  • pamperedlinda
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
whiteyteresa
  • Janine&Fish
  • General Chat
Replies