• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Does a Host *Have* to Use Her Phd?

Hmm, could she come talk to all of my relatives on DH's side? (ALL of the inlaws!)No, I don't think that's a good idea. It would be a conflict of interest. It would be like me telling them what to buy. :rolleyes:No, I don't think that's a good idea. It would be a conflict of interest.
ChefJoyJ
Okay, weird question, I know. My mom is going to host a party for me and, of course, is going to get a PHD. She told me that she doesn't want to use it (in the future), b/c it'll cut into my commission - she'd rather pay full price! :eek: I understand she's trying to be nice, but seriously...it's only 10%! :)

Of course, she doesn't want to take advantage of the 60% off 2 items for the very same reason. I love her dearly, but please - get some fun things for you at such a huge discount! If you don't, I will! :D

The whole point of the discounts is to pamper our hosts. If she wants you to get more commission, have her buy more!

I agree with Kate! If she wants to spend $30, then spend $34 and she'll get 10% off that.

Let her know that you don't make commission on her order until she uses her unlimited discount, so no matter what she purchases as free or half priced or 60% off, she would have to go above and beyond that to have you earn money.

I've already told her that for her party...to have fun shopping! :angel:

But on future orders, either through a party or individually, does she have to use it? I'm going to put it in anyway, so I'm just curious. Whether or not she wants to use it...since she's going through me, she's stuck using it. :D

I don't think she does, but P3 will automatically take it off.

Your mom sounds sweet to worry about your check. :)

It autimatically takes it off but you can take the PHD out to not use that. I have done it before. One time I had someone that was just a few dollars away from the next level so the friend/guest did not use her discount so the host could go to the next level.

chefann said:
I don't think she does, but P3 will automatically take it off.

Your mom sounds sweet to worry about your check. :)

She is, but as much as she wants to take care of me, she needs to let me "pamper" her. :) It's only a few dollars anyway! :)

ETA - depending on the order size...but my parents spoil me now. Not literally, I was soo not spoiled as a child, but that helped me become the person I am today. Work ethic and all...:rolleyes: :angel: They did get me a Wii for Christmas (see, spoil me as an adult, when they can't do any damage :p). I want to spoil them some too, kwim?

Last edited:
jrstephens said:
It autimatically takes it off but you can take the PHD out to not use that. I have done it before. One time I had someone that was just a few dollars away from the next level so the friend/guest did not use her discount so the host could go to the next level.

That was nice of the past host! :)

That is sweet of your mom! Sounds a lot like mine; sometimes I'll just add something onto her order to pamper her a little.

That's a great idea! I'll have to do that too! :)

Her PHD on a future show doesn't affect your commission check. She gets her discount and you still get your 20% (base) commission if she orders from some random show 6 months from now. PC doesn't give every host these discounts to short us, they do it to pamper them.

HTH

stephanieboyd said:
Her PHD on a future show doesn't affect your commission check. She gets her discount and you still get your 20% (base) commission if she orders from some random show 6 months from now. PC doesn't give every host these discounts to short us, they do it to pamper them.HTH

No, I know that. But on her order, I get commission on 90%, so in her mind, she's "cheating" me of some commission. Mothers! :rolleyes:

ChefJoyJ said:
No, I know that. But on her order, I get commission on 90%, so in her mind, she's "cheating" me of some commission. Mothers! :rolleyes:

Hmm, could she come talk to all of my relatives on DH's side? (ALL of the inlaws!) Seeing as how none of them will have a show, but they all want a "family discount" whenever they place any piddly little order?

Oh I see...it changes your commissionable sales totals. I was thinking you were talking like a 10% off sale that we do personally to give customers discounts, that counts against our commissions. Duuhhhh!! :eek: :eek: Sorry, I will hush now :blushing:

Related to Does a Host *Have* to Use Her Phd?

1. Does a host have to use her PhD to host a Pampered Chef party?

No, a host does not have to use her PhD in order to host a Pampered Chef party. Hosting a party is open to anyone who is interested in sharing the products and earning rewards.

2. Can a host use her PhD as a qualification for hosting a party?

While a host's qualifications and background may be mentioned during a party, it is not necessary to have a PhD in order to host a Pampered Chef party. Anyone can host a party as long as they are passionate about the products and willing to put in the effort to make it a success.

3. Will having a PhD affect the rewards a host can earn?

No, having a PhD does not affect the rewards a host can earn from hosting a Pampered Chef party. All hosts have the opportunity to earn rewards and discounts based on the sales at their party, regardless of their education or occupation.

4. Can a host use her PhD to promote Pampered Chef products?

While a host can mention her background and expertise during a party, it is important to remember that the focus of a Pampered Chef party should be on the products and the guests' experience. Using a PhD as a means of promotion may be perceived as pushy or insincere.

5. Is a host with a PhD more likely to be successful in hosting a Pampered Chef party?

Success in hosting a Pampered Chef party is not determined by a host's education level. Hosts from all backgrounds and experiences have the potential to be successful by being passionate about the products, inviting guests, and creating a fun and engaging atmosphere at the party.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• yankfan24
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
gailz2
  • esavvymom
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
cathyskitchen
  • Loreen