• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Do You Send Postcards/Mailers to Your Hosts?

I also send emails, but I'll type those out for you. Thanks!When it comes to postcards, Stacy sends Nancy's old postcards. She sends postcards when they book their show, 1 month prior, 2 weeks prior, 1 week prior, and after the show. She sends a postcard when she gets their guest list, tells them when their guests can expect the invites, and sends a bookings postcard two weeks before any show that booked off hers. She also sends a thank you postcard after they have the products in their hands. She has been doing this the whole time so she doesn't know if it makes a difference but she likes to do it. She also sends the postcards. Wades
missyciccolella
I'm looking to change up my host coaching and supplement the 3 call method...who sends postcards/mailers/emails periodically to your hosts?
When do you send them?
What do they say?
And do you notice a difference in your attendance/show average?

Thanks!

I do postcards. I have some of Nancy's old ones. When they book their show I sent them one that says thank you for booking. 1 month prior - Key Dates. 2 weeks prior - Guest Attendance is Key. 1 week prior - Reminder Calls. I also send them one when I get their guest list that tells them when their guests can expect the invites. Then after the show I follow up with a thank you postcard after they have the products in their hands. I also send a bookings postcard two weeks before any show that booked off theirs. I have been doing this the whole time so I don't know if it makes a difference but I like to do it. Really helps if I cannot get a hold of someone. I also had a host tell me she liked the thank you because it meant that I really cared and took time to think of her even after the show was done.

I also send the postcards. #1 is a month before and has important dates, #2 reminds about outside orders and is sent 2-3 weeks before, and #3 is sent a week and half before and reminds to call guests. It has helped with host not cancelling, I can't say for sure if it has helped with show attendance. :chef:

Last edited:
Thanks for the tips and suggestions...I'm working on some postcards and trying to decide what I want to say and do; you've given me some to think about. Thanks!

missyciccolella said:
Thanks for the tips and suggestions...I'm working on some postcards and trying to decide what I want to say and do; you've given me some to think about. Thanks!
If you want the exact wording of the postcards that I use from Nancy's let me know and I'll type it out for you.

I still make phone calls but also send postcards (Nancy's & some from VistaPrint) & emails(attached).

Attachments

• 1st host email.doc
    26 KB · Views: 529
  • 2nd host email.doc
    24.5 KB · Views: 325
Thanks for sharing Stacy! Wadesgirl, if you feel like typing it feel free...if you're too busy no worries! I'm really looking to reinforce what I am saying for better sales etc. Thanks!

Thanks for sharing those letters Stacy!!!

Here is what I send in order (these are all postcards from Nancy's - still wish she was around for us!!!!):
Thank you for scheduling a Cooking Show with (PC LOGO). This is to confirm our show date as (day, date and time). Please call me if you have any questions! I'm looking forward to our show!

Dates to Remember (if host is sending invites - fill in dates) for your kitchen show with The Pampered Chef. NOW! Tell your guests about your show! _____Hand out or mail your invitations ______ Call to remind your guests! Date/Time It's show time! I'll see you early for set up at _____!

Key Dates = Successful Shows (if you are sending invites) NOW! Tell your guests about your show! _____ Send me your guest list! _____Call to remind your guests! Date/time It's show time! I'll see you early for set up at ______!

The secret to a successful show is ATTENDANCE! More Guests = More Fun & More Free Merchandise! Invite a wide variety of people. Ask each guest to bring a friend. Start collecting outside orders from those unable to attend! Talk to each person with ENTHUSIASM!

Just a reminder... (if your host sends invites) It's time to distribute your show invitations for PC LOGO. I'm looking forward to our Cooking Show on (day) (date) (time)

Thank you for sending me the guest list (if you send the invites) for your show with PC LOGO. Your guests will be receiving invitations ___________.

It's almost time for our Cooking Show, so please remember to call our guests! A reminder phone call to each guest will ensure our show's success! I'll see you on _________ at (setup time/show time)

Thank you! Thank you! (this is a blank postcard that I send after they have received their products)

Great Savings with your Booking Benefit! (send this 2 weeks before parties book from theirs) Dear _______, As a past host you may order one of the following products at a ____% savings... ___________ ... when you attend the upcoming show that was booked from your show with PC LOGO. (then there are spaces that I write the host, show date and that I hope to see them there).

That's about it for postcards that I send. I really do enjoy sending them and hope that my hosts do too. I know that it does help when you cannot connect with them or if they don't want to host coach (you know those people!).

Thanks for posting!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Your welcome. I figure when I start to run out of Nancy's postcards, I will just scan them in and print off more.

I just ordered some of the blank postcards with the pictures and PC Logo from Merrill (100 for $6 or something). I will probably just print the same wording that wadesgirl shared with us on them. I am HORRIBLE at making my host coaching calls, so this may be my saving grace!

Thanks for sharing wadesgirl. I too am bad about making host calls so this could help when I'm suffering from phone phobia!!

linojackie said:
I just ordered some of the blank postcards with the pictures and PC Logo from Merrill (100 for $6 or something). I will probably just print the same wording that wadesgirl shared with us on them. I am HORRIBLE at making my host coaching calls, so this may be my saving grace!

Back in 2006 when I was just starting out, I didn't do all of my host coaching calls and it showed in sales. This time I make it a point to do at the very least 2 of my host coaching calls and my sales have really improved! I went from shows where I was lucky if the host had 5 guests and $400 in sales to hosts who have 12-15 guests and over $800 in sales, and none of these host have invited all 40 like I've suggested. Just think if they had invited all 40 what their sales could have been and if I had made all 3 host coaching calls.

My new goal is to make all 3 host coaching calls!

As to me using postcards, no, as I'm afraid if I did, I wouldn't make my calls. Maybe when I actually get myself more organized (anyone wanna come straighten out my office, LOL), I'll set up a trickle file and start using postcards to go along with phone calls.

Thanks for typing those up, wadesgirl! I am also not so good at my host coaching, so I am thinking of getting some of these postcards through Vistaprint. I will still work on calls, but maybe these will supplement a bit at the times when I am less successful...

1. Do you send postcards or mailers to your hosts?

Yes, we do send postcards and mailers to our hosts! We understand the importance of keeping our hosts informed and engaged throughout the party planning process.

2. How often do you send postcards or mailers?

We typically send postcards or mailers to our hosts at least once a month leading up to their party. This allows us to keep them updated on any promotions or specials, as well as remind them of their upcoming party date.

3. What type of information is included in the postcards or mailers?

The postcards or mailers will include information about any current promotions or specials, as well as reminders about the party date and any important details about the party itself. We may also include tips for a successful party or new product information.

4. Do you personalize the postcards or mailers for each host?

Yes, we believe in providing a personalized experience for our hosts. Each postcard or mailer will include the host's name and party date, as well as any other relevant information specific to their party.

5. Can hosts opt out of receiving postcards or mailers?

Yes, hosts have the option to opt out of receiving postcards or mailers if they prefer. They can let their consultant know or update their preferences on their online account.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Malinda Klein
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
kraber
  • PampChefJoy
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
PamperedSD
  • luvs2cook