• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Do You Pay for Return Shipping? Advice Needed

In summary, my good friend as a matter fact just reemed me out about this a few weeks ago (yeah I know "freind") she said, "so I need to send it back and pay?" I said "well either you do or I do" and now she's complaining that she doesn't want to pay for shipping.
LibrarianChef
Silver Member
I know I've seen others ask this same question and now I can't remember the response. But a gal in town brought in a pan she bought from another consultant back in 2001. She handed it to me with the receipt and said she needed a replacement (the bottom is rusting/flaking off). I told her we'd definitely get it replaced for her, but I asked her to hang on to the pan because we might not even have to ship it back.

Anyway...my question is, do you all pay for return shipping for all customers? Although she's previously worked with a different consultant, she also asked of her own volition to do a catalog show for me in December and again later in the spring. I just met her in person yesterday and she really loves PC and even mentioned that she doesn't know why she's not a consultant. :thumbup: She's a keeper and I'd like to make her happy--but I also feel like I need to set up some sort of policy so that I can treat all customers equally. Suggestions/Ideas?

I don't, technically we aren't supposed to handle returns for customers. She needs to contact HO herself so that she can relay the correct information and get the correct information back. That way you aren't involved as a third party. I almost got burnt by a customer who refused to send back something herself even though it was within the 30 days and drove to my house to drop it off. I thought FedEx lost it when they picked it up because he left an incomplete message about not being able to find the package (must have found the package in the middle of the message but never called back to tell me that!). Since then, it is the customer's responsiblity to send back their own stuff. If they refuse, I will call for them but I will not send anything back any more.

I will call HO for them or do a online adjustment but they have to send it back themselves. It makes some people mad but if i paid for every adjustment I wouldn't be making any $$$.

My good friend as a matter fact just reemed me out about this a few weeks ago (yeah I know "freind") she said, "so I need to send it back and pay??" I said "well either you do or I do"

Last month alone I did 6 adjustments and just received a phone call this morning for another.

That's what I try to do, too. I'll start the process, but they have to send it back. Look at it this way, if they ordered something online or from another catalog, they'd have to pay to return something. Why should it be any different because they ordered through a show? It's still a catalog order.

I always use this analogy: if you purchase something from target and need to return it, the target employee is not going to come to your house to take it back to the store--you have to take it back yourself. The customer is responsible to return items to Pampered Chef in the same way.

Nanisu said:
I always use this analogy: if you purchase something from target and need to return it, the target employee is not going to come to your house to take it back to the store--you have to take it back yourself. The customer is responsible to return items to Pampered Chef in the same way.
Heehee, I like that analogy! I agree, I will go as far as call HO for them but they do the returning. Haven't had any complaints about it yet.... knock on wood but then again, I haven't had too many adjustments to deal with either.

I did however just get an email from a recent customer who wanted a refund on the can strainer saying it was too small for a can of tuna to use it on, without making a mess and that she didn't want to send it back to pay for shipping. Luckily it was within the 30 days so FE will come pick it up. Otherwise I don't know what I would have done for her?

Nanisu said:

i'll use too when a customer expects a order w/out payment. A few weeks ago I did a FR at a local school so said i would deliver the orders personally.

Well a outside orderer added wrong and was short $9 so i left her a message saying i would go ahead and order her products and she could drop the $ to me, if she wanted to cancel something to let me know. never heard back form her , sent a email after the orders arrived, no response, left another voice mail , no response.
So when i dropped her order off i took out the mini MC out and a spreader, and left a note that i would deliver when I was paid w/ a big :) on the note.

the next day there was a nasty message from her that "if she had known i was delivering that day she would have left the $$" WTF!
Can't go to Target and say "oh i'll be back later to pay" now can ya!?

It's unbelievable. I have had several people angry that they had to pay for shipping to get an item replaced under warranty (last was the chopper) because "they already paid for shipping when they ordered it" - HELLO???:grumpy:

maybe we should have a tread called "STUPID THINGS OUR CUSTOMERS SAY"
than we could rant every so often in one space! :)

FYI on can strainer
heat123 said:
Heehee, I like that analogy! I agree, I will go as far as call HO for them but they do the returning. Haven't had any complaints about it yet.... knock on wood but then again, I haven't had too many adjustments to deal with either.

I did however just get an email from a recent customer who wanted a refund on the can strainer saying it was too small for a can of tuna to use it on, without making a mess and that she didn't want to send it back to pay for shipping. Luckily it was within the 30 days so FE will come pick it up. Otherwise I don't know what I would have done for her?

I too thought this when i ordered the can strainer but you have to flip it over it actually goes in the can not over the can like it does on corn and stuff.

Since the first of November I have done so many adjustments that I'm scared to answer my phone in case it's another customer calling to return an item or get a replacement.

I do the adjustment on line but if something has to be returned it's the customer who does it not me.

Related to Do You Pay for Return Shipping? Advice Needed

1. Do I have to pay for return shipping?

Yes, according to our return policy, the customer is responsible for covering the cost of return shipping.

2. Can I get a refund for the return shipping cost?

No, unfortunately we are unable to provide a refund for the cost of return shipping. However, if the item is being returned due to a defect or error on our end, we will cover the return shipping cost.

3. How do I ship my return?

We recommend using a tracked and insured shipping method when returning an item. Please include your order number and reason for return in the package.

4. Can I exchange my item instead of returning it?

Yes, we offer exchanges for items that are in their original condition and packaging. Please contact our customer service team for assistance with the exchange process.

5. What if my item arrives damaged or defective?

If your item arrives damaged or defective, please contact our customer service team within 30 days of receiving the item. We will provide a prepaid return label and either issue a refund or send a replacement, depending on your preference.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• mrshamel3808
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
mrshamel3808
  • cooknjess
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
cooknjess
  • BeckyC5830