• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Discover the Magic of the Herb Keeper: Keep Herbs Fresh for Weeks!

Yes, you'll need to keep your herbs in the fridge. The Herb Keeper is designed to fit in most refrigerator doors. I like that because it's less likely to get shuffled to the back where (1) it's too cold, and (2) it could be forgotten.
cookingwithlove
Gold Member
Okay... I usually do not rave about a new product, but I have to about the herb keeper. I was really skeptical about it at first. I thought it was just another thing for someone who has everything. I few weeks ago, really 3 weeks, I put some fresh dill in it, added water and stuck in the fridge. I forgot about it and pulled it out on Friday. The dill was still healthy looking and had a good aroma. There was none of the slimey green stuff you would expect with forgotten herbs. I was so surprised, I took it to my show and sold 5!

It really does work!

I LOVE LOVE LOVE it for asparagus or aspagras as my niece calls it. LOL

I did the same thing with my asparagus (I forgot about it in the fridge for a few weeks) and when I took it out I could open it and not want to ralph... I threw it away just because it had been so long, but I probably could have eaten it, as it smelled (and looked) the same way it did when I bought it.

It really does work well. I've sold a few. Unfortunately, I'm finding that few people around here use fresh herbs.

raebates said:
It really does work well. I've sold a few. Unfortunately, I'm finding that few people around here use fresh herbs.

That's ashame. We all have gardens here in Oregon so everyone has fresh herbs. I find people use the fresh herbs more in the summer. Maybe the herb keeper can get more people using fresh herbs since they keep a lot longer in it. Fresh herbs add so much more zip to a recipe.

I agree. I love fresh herbs. They add a bright, fresh note to my food.

Dumb questionDo you put in it the fridge with all herbs? Maybe this is why mine did not do too good on my parlsey. I sat it on the counter.

I cant wait to get one!

jrstephens said:
Do you put in it the fridge with all herbs? Maybe this is why mine did not do too good on my parlsey. I sat it on the counter.

Yes, you'll need to keep your herbs in the fridge. The Herb Keeper is designed to fit in most refrigerator doors. I like that because it's less likely to get shuffled to the back where (1) it's too cold, and (2) it could be forgotten.

What is the Herb Keeper and how does it work?

The Herb Keeper is a specialized container designed to keep herbs fresh for weeks. It works by utilizing a water reservoir at the bottom of the container to provide moisture to the herbs, while the ventilated lid allows for proper air circulation.

What types of herbs can be stored in the Herb Keeper?

The Herb Keeper is designed to store a variety of herbs such as parsley, cilantro, basil, rosemary, and thyme. It can also be used for storing smaller vegetables like asparagus and green onions.

How long can herbs last in the Herb Keeper?

The Herb Keeper can keep herbs fresh for up to three weeks. This is significantly longer than storing herbs in the fridge or on the counter, which typically only last a few days.

Is the Herb Keeper dishwasher safe?

Yes, the Herb Keeper is dishwasher safe. However, we recommend hand washing the lid to prevent any potential warping or damage.

How do I use the Herb Keeper to get the best results?

To get the best results from your Herb Keeper, make sure to trim the ends of your herbs and place them in the container with the stems submerged in the water. Be sure to change the water every few days and store the container in the fridge for optimal freshness.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• pampchefsarah
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
kkimpinski
  • wadesgirl
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
pattikake
  • dancedivine