• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Ss Saute Pan Is a Shotty Product.

For browning and making pan gravies my 100+ year old cast iron skillet(it was my great grandmother's) works better and cleans up much easier and better.
tabnat80
Gold Member
I'm not so sure I like the new SS saute pan. I really was impressed when I opened my box and saw how attractive it was. It was heavy, nicely polished, and just looked fresh. I had decided then and there I had to have the whole set. My DH used it once to fry an egg. It worked pretty well. Then, he used it to do a scrambled egg. He called me over there to look at it and said, "it's sticking all to the pan." I thought he must have forgot butter but when I got over there, you could see the butter all around the eggs. It was stuck pretty bad. Anyways, he finished the eggs and i put it in the sink in water to hopefully loosen some of the gook up. I then put it in the dishwasher. This morning, I was unloading my washer and my pan still looked really bad. I've seen several of you post about using bar keepers friend to clean it, but doesn't that kinda make the "dishwasher" part obsolte. I hate hand washing anything except my stones and would not recomment to customers that this is dishwasher safe if they have to wash it again once it comes out of the dish washer. I think PC should place a stop sell on this new line of cookeware until they can get the kinks out. :(

It's not the cookware, it's what DH tried to cook in it. SS is great for browning things, and frying with a good amount of fat. But eggs will take every opportunity to stick to it. Scrambled eggs are the worst, because as they're stirred during cooking, they move around the butter/spray you have in the pan, exposing "unprotected" metal that the egg will then stick to.

I learned this the hard way too. My pan looked disgusting after I fried a potatoe pancake in it. I ran out and got Cameo and WOW, what a difference in made.

I'm not a fan of SS cookware because I like easy clean-up, but apparently there is a good amount of the population who want SS cookware. Whether it's because "real" cooks use SS or because people are afraid of the health problems non stick could bring, we get to offer SS cookware for those people who don't want the non stick kind. I will probably only use mine for PC recipes that call for using SS. Otherwise, for everyday use I'll be using the Executive pans, as soon as I earn them, of course. :)

but won't people get disappointed with a 400.00 cookware set and can't scramble an egg. I mean that is a basic with a fry pan. I would be disappointed if I can fry and brown, but oops don't use it to scramble. HMMMMM

Yeah I have to agree. Stainless looks awesome, but I am not one to have 3 different sets of cookware and one for just looking good. Everything has to much. I love the executive. The grill pan rules.

My sister swears by SS she says she will never go back to non stick. i read her the info on the pans and the only thing she was surprised was it did not have a cooper core.

I like our nonstick pans even though they have to be handwashed... I do plan to get a SS 10" frypan and maybe 12" skillet -- I want to be able to really heat it up and get that caramelized/browning on meats and veggies, and to be able to deglaze the browned bits on the bottom.. you don't quite get that with the nonstick. I think you could sell the need for pieces of both based on these stories...

Jennie4PC said:
My sister swears by SS she says she will never go back to non stick. i read her the info on the pans and the only thing she was surprised was it did not have a cooper core.
Aluminum and copper have very similar heat transfer ratings (I'm at work and don't have my book with me), but aluminum is MUCH less expensive than copper. That's why our doesn't have a copper layer in the core.

I used to have a set of "good" name brand stainless steel and hated it. For browning and making pan gravies my 100+ year old cast iron skillet(it was my great grandmother's) works better and cleans up much easier and better. I thought I was one of the few to not be thrilled with stainless steel. However, I will try to sell the PC stainless steel cookware. I'm trying to convince a friend to buy our cookware instead of the Emeril SS set.

RuthV said:
I used to have a set of "good" name brand stainless steel and hated it. For browning and making pan gravies my 100+ year old cast iron skillet(it was my great grandmother's) works better and cleans up much easier and better. I thought I was one of the few to not be thrilled with stainless steel. However, I will try to sell the PC stainless steel cookware. I'm trying to convince a friend to buy our cookware instead of the Emeril SS set.
If nothing else, ours has a better warrantee. :) And I'm sure you're cuter than Emeril.

RuthV said:

Just had a host in July almost have a heart attack trying to make sure that someone from her show booked for Sept! She has the Emeril SS set - has had it for less than 2 yrs - and it looks like crap! She cannot wait to get the Executive cookware for 60% off!

I have had a professional set of SS - sold most of it, but kept a a couple pieces........mine still looks good - just a pain to clean. I have to agree that my old 10" cast iron skillet is the way to go for browning, etc.....PLUS - we can take it camping and use it over the fire!:D It's just so heavy!

I agree with Ann. SS is GREAT for some things and really crappy for others. I will use my SS saute to saute veggies, onions, etc., but it wouldn't one that I would use for scrambled eggs.
And I have had problems before with my "dishwasher safe" pans coming clean in the dishwasher when I have cooked eggs before. If the eggs is REALLY cooked onto the pan, sometimes the only way to get it off is with elbow grease. I soak the pan in HOT water and then scrap as much of the egg-gunk off with the nylon scrapers. Usually this gets most of it, but often times if the food is really stuck, sometimes it takes a time or two. But, after all, it is stainless steel, NOT non-stick... some stuff will stick and take some work to remove.
Regardless, I don't think the saute pan is shoddy when used appropriately.

Eggs are the worst things for sticking anyways because of the protein. Why do you think chef's use egg wash (which is nothing more than an egg beaten with a little water) to "glue" pastry together? If it'll make pie crust stick together, it'll stick to your pan... and your plate... and the bowl you scrambled it in... and the spatula...

Anyone who uses stainless knows that it's going to dull when it's used... that's just what happens to stainless! On the Fall DVD there is a great feature about the SS cookware and Jean Jonas shows a pan where one side is gorgeous and the other side is "used" and explains how to clean it and how to keep it that ways. Check it out when you can and it will answer your question.

PS: Ann is right... eggs are the WORST in stainless!!!!

I have been reading Cook's Illustrated pan reviews. In addition, I plan on reading up on what type of foods and cooking techniques are best for what type of pan. HO has provided us with some great information, but I think it makes us look good when we are more informed about what we are selling. We all want happy customers and we need to help find out what their needs are. So many great points have been made on this thread. I do believe that there was one post I read from the Test Kitchens that said that before they decided on a final design, they tried several types of SS cookware. The top of the line is priced at $1100 for a set and has the copper instead of the aluminum in the tri-ply. The pans were incredibly heavy. They decided that for the price range and the heaviness, that the design they chose would best suit our type of customer. And they found that these SS/copper pans did not heat that much better than ours. If I find this, I will put it in the file section.
I heard another consultant refer to our SS as the best on the market. I would hate to use that statement without knowing first why the customer is purchasing the SS pans. If they are purchasing them to avoid non-stick, they need to know that the satin finish is not going to produce a non-stick function. And they also need to know how to care for these products.

I have been flip-flopping back and forth about which cookware set I should get, and I think this thread pretty much made up my mind--executive cookware for me. I LOVE the saute pan that came with my new consultant kit, but my husband likes the look of SS, and I like the "idea" that it can be put in the dishwasher. However, if it's gonna be that much of an ordeal just to clean then forget it.

So thanks! I don't feel so bad for "sticking to" the exec. cookware that I already know I love.

I have been referring to Rachael Ray when I talk about having pieces from both lines. I start all of my shows at 7pm and more times than not, when I arrive at the host's house... she's on there! Even the kids are watching her! So I refer to her and say, "She has both... nonstick and stainless for whatever she is doing... SHE USES THE RIGHT TOOL FOR THE JOB!" Then I go on to show our knives and microplane and refer to her again. I also refer to her when I show the Citrus Press and say, "Now Rachael with tell you to squeeze with your hands right over the bowl... you can totally do that but if you do, you'll be reminded of the paper cut you got that day and didn't even know it!"

finley1991 said:
I have been referring to Rachael Ray when I talk about having pieces from both lines. I start all of my shows at 7pm and more times than not, when I arrive at the host's house... she's on there! Even the kids are watching her! So I refer to her and say, "She has both... nonstick and stainless for whatever she is doing... SHE USES THE RIGHT TOOL FOR THE JOB!" Then I go on to show our knives and microplane and refer to her again. I also refer to her when I show the Citrus Press and say, "Now Rachael with tell you to squeeze with your hands right over the bowl... you can totally do that but if you do, you'll be reminded of the paper cut you got that day and didn't even know it!"
This is a great way to talk about the products! I too always refer to Queen Rachel in my shows......her and King Emeril!

There are some things that are great in stainless, and eggs aren't one of them. I used stainless for years, and occasionally I would come across a recipe that specifically called for non stick. If I did it in my stainless, I just expected an extra scrubbing to get it clean. That said, I always did get it clean. I made the toasted angel hair pasta recipe in the 29 minutes cookbook the other night, and I had to pull out my 12" stainless (not PC) to make it... a delicious recipe, and since the broth pulls up all the browned on sausage, the clean up was quick and painless.

finley1991 said:

I have to agree. My DH and I are looking to get one of the SS sets for the host special (hosting an open house and submitting as a show). I have three hosts lined up to do shows in September just for the cookware. We're hoping to get enough points to get the executive grill pan and the 12" executive skillet. I'd rather have a mixture of the two in order to have options for my recipes. When I went to William Sonoma to do research on their pots & pans (in order to compare to ours), the sales lady said she has all-clade set and then a cheaper non-stick set that she got from Target. She mentioned that her all-clad pan did not like it when she tried to make eggs. So it's not just our stuff, it's in general. I just like the idea of having variety...maybe that's why i have nine different stone pieces. :eek:

finley1991 said:
Colleen, this is magnificent...and Kim...PERFECT example on how to use the SS pan. I have been leaving my cheese grater home (unless necessary in the recipe) and talking up the features of the microplane...it's working because many are saying how they NEED i! And it is true...there IS a difference between the two.
I wanted to add that when I researched Cook's Illustrated, I took notes on what the features of a quality piece of cookware is...SS and non-stick have differences here too. Ours has almost ALL of the features of quality itmes to look for.

I wouldn't call it a shoddy product!!!! I've got an All-Clad stainless steel saute pan and a Carico saute pan and ON BOTH the same thing you describe has happened. My All-Clad has been out of commission twice while I did extensive cleaning on it. Bar Keeper's Friend is really MY friend! As others have said, it's the nature of SS.

Man after all the stuff I'm hearing about the SS cookware, it isn't making me want to get it... I'm really thinking I will stick with my non-stick. I don't want to get something just cause it looks purty.

So what is the best way to clean my saute pan? My DH made pancakes in it and it looks so bad. I can't show this pan now the way it looks.

i have to agree ... i dont like SS cookware .. just because i'm not the GREATEST cook on earth and i tend to burn stuff on occassion (okay maybe alittle more than on occassion LOL) .. i love the executive just for that reason, its almost IMPOSSIBLE to burn something in it and then have them look terrible! I have Emerils SS cookware my mom bought me for my wedding and its almost ALL useless becuase i've burned stuff on it and cant get it all the way clean .. I'm just going to stick with the Executive, thank you!

chefkugler said:
So what is the best way to clean my saute pan? My DH made pancakes in it and it looks so bad. I can't show this pan now the way it looks.
Bar Keeper's Friend or Cameo will clean it up.
Again, folks, those who like stainless know what they can and can't do in it! If you don't want to demo the stainless, then don't! Just clean up that saute' pan and take it so customers can see it. But, that said, you need to get on board with the stainless set, cause it's here to stay! You surely would be missing out on a lot of sales by not promoting it!!

The most important thing is to use the right pan for what you're cooking. I love my Executive Cookware. I've wanted PC to carry stainless steel for a long time, though. There are just some recipes you can't make in non-stick. One of the best ways to clean stainless steel is to boil a little water in it. When the water comes to a boil, scrape up anything that's stuck. Once everything is scraped up, let the pan and water cool until you can safely handle it. Wash it thoroughly. Want to shine it back up? Rub it with a bit of vegetable oil. (I usually use canola.)Actually, it's a good idea to periodically rub your non-stick cookware with a little cooking oil, too. It helps to season and protect the non-stick finish.

raebates said:
One of the best ways to clean stainless steel is to boil a little water in it. When the water comes to a boil, scrape up anything that's stuck. Once everything is scraped up, let the pan and water cool until you can safely handle it. Wash it thoroughly. Want to shine it back up? Rub it with a bit of vegetable oil. (I usually use canola.)

What great advice. I've always cleaned my SS using the boil water in it. I never thought to rub it with vegetable oil though. I'm thrilled we now have SS as that is kasherable so when I make a mistake in my kosher kitchen I simply dip the pan in boiling water and I'm back in business.

Jilleysue said:
but won't people get disappointed with a 400.00 cookware set and can't scramble an egg. I mean that is a basic with a fry pan. I would be disappointed if I can fry and brown, but oops don't use it to scramble. HMMMMM

People who love SS KNOW that eggs are messy. I do rarely scramble eggs in mine (when I am mindlessly making breakfast) and they stick something awful and end up burnt to the bottom of the pan. I've found that they do clean right up when I dump baking soda in the pan ( a lot of it ), add water and heat to a hard boil. You MUST watch it, though, because as soon as it boils you have to get it off the heat or it will swell up and right on out of the pan! Let it cool, then wash it.

Anyway, to the quoted question, people who know SS will not be disappointed in ours. It is top quality ALL THE WAY.

Honest.

The whole point of SS is to be able to cook at higher heat. Why is someone cooking eggs at high heat?

I have successfully cooked eggs (yes they take a l-o-n-g time) in SS saute, but keeping the heat down to the lowest 1/4 of choices [low to medium low] on my electric stove. It takes 2 kinds of oil (butter/marg AND liquid oil) and lots of time. It was like 20 minutes for 2 fried eggs.

The 2 kinds of oil thing was my grandma's trick to get the flavor of butter with a higher smokepoint. Butter in and of itself will burn on an electric stove at 1/2 power [medium], if left long enough. Margarine will burn at about 3/5 to 2/3 power [medium to medium high]. Olive oil has a higher smokepoint, but I use corn oil when frying eggs because it doesn't add flavor I can notice.

When I'm making eggs for my family, we use Exec. Now if I can just get my wife to quit using metal implements in those pans, we'll be set!

I had quite a chat with both Test Kitchens and Chef Chris asking about the cookware. Here is an applicable part of what I learned: the three benefits that someone can have with the SS that can't do with Exec or Prof, are:

(1) Cook at a higher stove heat to get crispy outsides (and fond) on all your food
(2) Broil and Oven-sear your food at a high oven temperature
(3) Wash them in the dishwasher

Some of the market specifically point to the risks of cooking at high heat with Teflon as a negative, steering their customers with the "healthy cooking" card toward their stainless collections.

As you review the Use & Care points about Exec or Prof cookware, you will see that it says NOT to cook at high heats with it.

I'm not trying to put down our Exec or Prof cookware at all - simply point out it has its intended uses, and is made for specifically cooking at lower heat. The SS gives our customers more options.

A year ago when I chewed really hard on HO because I was at a high-end foodie cooking show, customers were slamming me because we didn't have a SS line and everyone else did, they explained that we only sold nonstick cookware because 87% of customers cookw with it. Of course I wrote back and asked why they were keeping us from that other 13% of the market...they couldn't explain that they had the SS in development and had been working on it for 2 years total!

And finally, go to the DuPont website and learn about our Autograph finish - the absolute finest nonstick they make. When teaching your guests about Teflon, you can explain that the standard pans from a grocery or big box store, have just 2 coatings of teflon - first coat and second coat. Our Autograph finish has...
-primer
-first coat
-mid coat
-second coat
-top coat sealer
[Think a Really good nail polish after an expensive manicure, ladies!]

Good luck with your cookware sales!

God Bless and Take Care!

-praying for Paige and her family-

Get "barkeepers friend" to clean it. Works like a charm!

I like all the good points about stainless and non-stick. I wanted to let you know that most restaurants have non-stick pans for their eggs. No dishwasher wants to scrub one pan for most of the morning.:yuck:

My husband wants ss and I want non-stick. So cameo will be in our cuboard from now on.

Now PC is really a his/her company, for us that is :)

vwpamperedchef said:
Get "barkeepers friend" to clean it. Works like a charm!

Is this recommended by Home Office or is this just somethign we've come up with on our own?

Jennie4PC said:

I read info on the ss cookware and why it doesn't have a copper core...
copper is the best conductor of heat, but is heavier and more expensive, aluminum is the next best thing tod copper, therefore making the pan a little less heavy, a bit cheapier but still a conductor of heat...
This came from the HO, I will try to find the info I got and post it on here

Here is the info from the Test Kitchen, they were comparing out cookware to All Clad..hope it helps

I called the Test Kitchen and asked why they chose aluminum instead of copper. Here is what I learned from Jackie in the Test Kitchens (she was delightful on the phone).

They researched and tested numerous forms of stainless cookware before choosing the design used it the Stainless Cookware.

1) Jackie said it's true that copper is the best conductor of heat, however it is also very costly to produce. They wanted to make a line of cookware that was high quality but also affordable, knowing that very few of our customers would pay $1100 for a set of cookware. Aluminum is the next best thing.

2) They found the tri-ply design (stainless, aluminum, stainless) to be very effective. Some cookware types are 5-ply, and some are even 7- and 9-ply. They say that makes their cookware even better. However, the test kitchens tried out all these types and found no difference in how fast they heat or how they cook the food in the pan. The extra layers of copper add additional weight to an already heavy piece of cookware and drive up the cost.

3) The handles on All-Clad cookware get very hot on the stove top, requiring you to use a hot pad/oven mitt. The handles on the Pampered Chef cookware are hollow after you get past the Y-shape (outward, toward the end of the handle), allowing the heat to go from the metal into the air in the middle of the handle. This keeps the handle cooler and takes a little weight out.

4) All-Clad cookware has aluminum lids, so you cannot see inside your pans. Ours are clear glass with high handles so you have less chance of touching the hot lid with your hands.

Has anyone listened to the Show and Sell CD that came in Changeover boxes? There's some great info about the cookware on that! And the product training for the SS cookware on the online training center is also chock-full of great info.

chefann said:
Has anyone listened to the Show and Sell CD that came in Changeover boxes? There's some great info about the cookware on that! And the product training for the SS cookware on the online training center is also chock-full of great info.

YES! I agree! I listened to it in the car last night. Lots of great info.:thumbup:

If your SS cookware gets that blue stain/tint to it (you'll know what I mean if you get it) just combine equal amounts of vinegar and water and sponge it onto the pan. Let it sit about 10 minutes and rinse well. This tip is in the use and care and does work!

Jilleysue said:

They can scramble an egg in them. It's a matter of getting used to the pan. Going out on a limb here, not that I am an expert by any means, but I find that with srambled eggs to keep the heat lower than you are used to using. And yes, there will be egg residue on the pan, but a soak in the sink for a bit should loosen it enough to get it off and get the pan in the dishwasher.

People who have been asking for SS might have experience with SS and know how to use it and what to expect. It's a preference. Even though I love SS and use it almost exclusively, there is a large portion of people who use non stick. Now we have something for everyone.

Just an fyi, I have only SS in my kitchen (except a small ns egg pan) and if I have a pan that is especially stuck on, I fill it with water and bring the pan to a boil... stuff comes right off if you wash it shortly afterward...just watch out, it will still be hot....

dannyzmom said:
Is this recommended by Home Office or is this just somethign we've come up with on our own?

This cleaner is recommended by all high end SS manufacturers. I was sold a can of Barkeepers along with my SS All Clad years ago.

dannyzmom said:
Yes. HO does recommend bar keepers friend. I called them about how ugly the bottom of my professional cookware was getting and that is what they suggested I get.

When I saw SS was new this Fall, I laughed. The WHOLE reason I started selling PC in the Fall of 2005 was because I saved my money, bought another "high quality" name brand SS set from a high end store (got it on sale, with a coupon discout, etc) and we HATED it! Hated every piece, from the pans to the pots, etc. My husband used to complain each & every time he used it. And I hated the cleanup. So I said "I know where I can get a GOOD set of cookware - Pampered Chef!" I was just going to host a show, but it was Nov & what I wanted was going to cost $300+. So I started selling. Glad I did - they came out with the Exec line in the Spring & I was able to earn most of it by May. I used to say that at every show! Now, I have to "revamp" my testimony if I want to sell any SS stuff! I LOVE our Exec and will still recommend it over the SS - sorry. Just my two cents worth!!
Joanne

I guess it's just one of those things where it's "something for everyone".

I know people will love SS cookware, just as there are those who love the exec. I'm personally not a fan of the SS and LOVE my executive cookware, but it doesn't mean someone else won't love theirs.

With such a high incentive, bookings will certainly come from people who "have to have" the SS cookware. It's so "trendy" right now anyway. Just like the cranberry SA pieces. Very "in" right now.

It's nice to have a choice, but imho, I chose the exec. JMO though.....:)

I got a guest last night to set a September date to get the cookware... she was waffling because she said she wanted the exec but her husband would want the SS.. sold I told her to get one set 60% off and the other set 50% off. She set her date right there! woo-hoo! :)

Cookware at 60% off what a great booking tool!

If you're a die-hard non-stick fan, you still need One piece of SS (preferably the 12" covered skillet) to do what non-stick just won't do; brown meats, tomato sauces, etc.
If you're a die-hard stainless fan, you still need One piece of the Exec cookware (12" good here too) to do what stainless just won't do; eggs, quick meals, sticky foods.

That's my (sales) line & I'm sticking to it.

This info on cleaning SS pans was sent to some of us by my NSED...thought I'd share it here.

Cleaning Information for Stainless Steel
Grades | Material selection | Fabrication | Surface Finishes | Cleaning
THE CLEANING OF STAINLESS STEEL
Always attempt the mildest cleaning method first. Be patient - repeat it a fair number of times before resorting to the more severe cleaning methods.
Routine Cleaning. Stainless Steel's best friends are quite simply soap, mild detergent or ammonia solutions in warm water, applied with a soft cloth or nylon sponge.
Occasionally the use of the least coarse nylon scouring pad may be required. Rinse and dry with a soft cloth.
Stainless steel articles are ideally suited for washing in a dishwasher. Only if cookware is heavily soiled is any prewashing required. (Note: Don't wash in diswashers which have galvanised (Zinc Plated) components. Indelible stains can result on the surface of Stainless Steel).
Such simple Routine Cleaning will easily remove normal soiling. Repeated application will often remove heavier soiling and stains will become less noticeable and may completely disappear.
Cleaning - Moderate Soiling, Light Staining. Apply the mildest household abrasive cleaner, or a paste made from fine chalk or soda bicarb, using a soft cloth or a fine nylon scouring pad. A soft bristle brush may also be used. Rub the surface as softly as possible using long even strokes in the direction of the polished finish if this exists. Avoid using a circular rubbing action. Rinse well and wash as described under Routine Cleaning.
Cleaning - Heavy Soiling, Heavier Staining. Presoak in warm/hot detergent or ammonia solution. If this does not sufficiently soften burnt food or carbon deposits, household caustic cleaners will have to be used. Follow by cleaning as for Moderate Soiling, Light Staining. Repeat if necessary.
If this does not suffice final resort may have to be made to the use of both coarser abrasive cleaners and nylon scouring pads, but with the risk that the surface may become slightly affected. Follow by a thorough rinse and Routine Cleaning.
It is usually only the inside surfaces of cookware that are heavily soiled. If the more severe cleaning methods therefore have to be used - take care - Do not apply them to the outside surfaces where they are not required.
General Problems and Corrective Action.
• Acids
Avoid contact. If accidental contact does occur rinse immediately and soak in ammonia or soda bicarb solution. Follow by Routine Cleaning.
• Bleaches
Avoid contact with concentrated or undiluted bleach. If accidental contact does occur rinse immediately and soak in ammonia or soda bicarb solution. Follow by Routine Cleaning.
• Carbon Deposits/Burnt Food
Treat as described for Heavy Soiling, Heavier Staining
• Fats, oils and grease
Wipe off heavy deposits with a soft cloth or paper towel. Presoak in warm detergent or ammonia solution. Follow by Routine Cleaning.
• Finger Prints
Use Routine Cleaning. If necessary first treat the marks with a soft cloth or paper towel dampened with alcohol (methylated spirits), or an organic solvent (ether, benzine). Minimise the re-occurance by applying a wax based household polish to the dry, cleaned surface.
• Films
A dull, cloudy film, or a "rainbow film" develops after drip drying. These are respectively due to too much detergent, or oil/grease in the washing-up water. Re-wash as for Routine Cleaning using fresh, clean water.
• Heat Discolouration/tints
Ease of removal depends on the severity thereof. Repeated cleaning as for Moderate Soiling, Heavier Staining may prove successful. If not, use a 10% solution of Nitric Acid* together with a fairly course household abrasive cleaner applied as a paste by hard rubbing with a coarse nylon scouring pad. (Some alteration to the surface appearance will result from these severe cleaning operations). Acid treatment must be followed by rinsing in ammonia or soda bicarb solution, and Routine Cleaning.
• Labels
Peel off as much as possible. Soak well in warm water, rubbing periodically with a soft soapy cloth or sponge. If adhesive remains, dry and rub gently with alcohol or organic solvent.
Don't remove labels by scratching off with a blade, or rubbing with coarse abrasives.
• Leakage and Spillage
Remove by thorough washing down as soon as it occurs, or at short regular intervals.
• Oily Deposits in Coffee Pots/Urns
Use a thin paste of soda bicarb in hot water, and rub with a fine nylon scouring pad. Rinse and follow by Routine Cleaning.
• Rust Stains
Light, superficial brown staining can be removed by Routine Cleaning repeated regularly for a few days. Similarly, repeated cleaning as for Moderate Soiling, Light staining will remove darker stains.
Rust spots with a halo around them indicate that a fragment of ordinary steel has become embedded in the surface of the Stainless Steel. Dab and spot, keeping moist for 20 - 30 minutes, with a 10% solution of Nitric Acid* on an ear bud. Repeat this treatment until no reoccurrence of the rust spot occurs. Severe rust stains are best removed by swabbing the stain, keeping it moist for 15 - 20 minutes with a 10% solution of Nitric Acid*, repeating if necessary. Very severe stains will require hard rubbing with a paste of fine household abrasive and 10% Nitric Acid*, using a fairly coarse nylon scouring pad, Acid treatments must be followed by rinsing in ammonia or soda bicarb solution, and Routine Cleaning.
• Sterilization
Add the sterilizing solution in the strength as laid down in the instructions. Avoid overdosing or the addition of concentrated solutions in one large dosage. Do not leave the sterilizing solution in the equipment longer than necessary, especially under stagnant conditions.
• Tannin Stains
Use a thin paste of sodium carbonate (washing soda) in hot water, and rub with a fine nylon scouring pad. Rinse and follow by Routine Cleaning.
• Nitric Acid (HNO3)
Nitric acid is a "friendly" acid towards Stainless Steel and is the only mineral acid which should be used to clean stainless steel. Avoid contact of the acid with other metals, particularly the aluminium and copper bases on cookware. A 10% solution (1 part Nitric Acid added to 9 parts water) is usually used. It may be obtained from most chemists, who will make up the 10% solution. Concentrated Nitric Acid must be handled with care. Dilute 10% solutions are less dangerous, but it is advisable to wear rubber gloves and eye protection. If accidental skin contact occurs, wash well with lots of water. Mix and keep the solution in glass containers. Dilute extensively before flushing down the drain. Keep it out of reach of children.

1. Why does the new SS saute pan stick when cooking eggs?

The SS saute pan may stick when cooking eggs due to the high heat and lack of proper seasoning or use of cooking oil. It is recommended to use butter or oil when cooking with this pan to prevent sticking.

2. Can the SS saute pan be put in the dishwasher?

Yes, the SS saute pan is dishwasher safe. However, for best results, it is recommended to hand wash the pan to preserve its non-stick properties.

3. How can I clean the SS saute pan if it is sticking?

If the pan is sticking, it is recommended to use a gentle abrasive cleaner like Bar Keepers Friend to remove any residue. Simply wet the pan, sprinkle on the cleaner, and scrub with a non-abrasive sponge or cloth. Rinse thoroughly and dry before use.

4. Should I hand wash the SS saute pan or can I use the dishwasher?

While the SS saute pan is dishwasher safe, it is recommended to hand wash for best results. The dishwasher may cause buildup or discoloration, which can affect the non-stick properties of the pan over time.

5. Should Pampered Chef stop selling the new line of cookware until the kinks are worked out?

We appreciate your feedback and are constantly working to improve our products. The SS saute pan is a high-quality product and we stand behind its performance. If you experience any issues, please reach out to our customer service team for assistance.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Loreen
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
simplecooking
  • heat123
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
heat123
  • BeckyC5830