• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Director Discover Delicious Uses for Maple Sauce with Expert Tips

In summary, many people think that this sauce could be good because of the combination, but it is really vile and everyone hates it. It is also easy to sell because people don't like the smell or taste.
I hate this sauce so never use it, but one of my consultants wants some ideas. Any of you use it? For what?

Maybe homestyle meatball with this sauce and egg noodles? Like stroganoff.

I really hate this one too, it is the only one I don't have, I had to throw it out because every time I opened the fridge, the smell of it would make me gag, I think someone on chefsuccess had some tips a while back, it might have been for ham?

I don't like this one either. It smells horrible.However, in August, I had the sauces out for tasting at every show and people really liked this one as a dip for pretzels.

I put this one off to the side because I let people know that they will really like it or really dislike it. Everyone (including myself) thinks that it will taste good because of the combination. I too gag and have to keep it at "bay"!!! Sorry I couldn't be more helpful. The best thing I can think to do with it is throw it out without opening it!!!!:sick::yuck:

guess we know which one sells the least based on our own reactions!:yuck:

cincychef said:
I really hate this one too, it is the only one I don't have, I had to throw it out because every time I opened the fridge, the smell of it would make me gag, I think someone on chefsuccess had some tips a while back, it might have been for ham?

baychef said:
I put this one off to the side because I let people know that they will really like it or really dislike it. Everyone (including myself) thinks that it will taste good because of the combination. I too gag and have to keep it at "bay"!!! Sorry I couldn't be more helpful. The best thing I can think to do with it is throw it out without opening it!!!!:sick::yuck:

I totally agree with throwing it out before even opening it. I had to throw mine out too, because every time I opened the fridge I could smell it. I couldn't open it at shows!:yuck::yuck::yuck: That stuff is VILE! I can't imagine that anyone is selling much of it - and seriously, how did it ever make it into the line? nasty nasty nasty stuff.

I took Becky's advice - I never opened it. Gave it away to another consultant in my group who was doing a booth.

Chefbeckyd said:
I totally agree with throwing it out before even opening it. I had to throw mine out too, because every time I opened the fridge I could smell it. I couldn't open it at shows!:yuck::yuck::yuck: That stuff is VILE! I can't imagine that anyone is selling much of it - and seriously, how did it ever make it into the line? nasty nasty nasty stuff.

It came out the same time as another flavor and at conference I took a sampel of each and hated them. Thought I was in funk (when I travel I can get shnarky at the end). Thought maybe I did not feel good.

I could not imagine that this combination couldn't be good on something! Just can not believe that someone actually tasted this and thought it was good enough to bring into the line...let alone keep it there! Bring back the darn coffee...I don't even drink coffee but at least the smell doesn't make people go :yuck::sick::cry:. And it was much easier to sell!

baychef said:
Bring back the darn coffee...I don't even drink coffee but at least the smell doesn't make people go :yuck::sick::cry:. And it was much easier to sell!

I agree! I don't drink coffee either but sold it!

I have had people say they are using it on ham... otherwise not sure..

baychef said:
Bring back the darn coffee...I don't even drink coffee but at least the smell doesn't make people go :yuck::sick::cry:. And it was much easier to sell!

AMEN!!! Love, Love, Love the coffee!!! Never did understand why they discontinued it. And then brought out a coffee scoop? LOL!

I made meatloaf at a show and we thought about putting it on top before we cooked it in the DCB but then decided in case anyone didn't like it to use it as a dipper. I warmed it a bit first. I HATE the smell :yuck: and it's not a taste I care for either but I have to say it wasn't bad on the meatloaf. Several people liked it enough to buy a bottle. When doing my sauce tastings I put some in a SA mini square and let them dip their cracker/pretzel into it. Some people did take it as their free sauce.

I won't buy a second bottle but there are people out there who like it. That's why we have variety - to suit different tastes. :p

Related to Discover Delicious Uses for Maple Sauce with Expert Tips

1. What are some main ingredients in maple sauce?

The main ingredients in maple sauce include maple syrup, butter, brown sugar, and spices such as cinnamon or nutmeg.

2. Can maple sauce be used for savory dishes?

Yes, maple sauce can be used for both sweet and savory dishes. It adds a touch of sweetness and depth of flavor to dishes such as glazed salmon or roasted vegetables.

3. How do I make a thicker maple sauce?

To make a thicker maple sauce, you can either reduce the amount of liquid in the recipe or add a thickening agent such as cornstarch or arrowroot powder.

4. Can I substitute maple syrup for maple sauce?

Yes, you can substitute maple syrup for maple sauce in most recipes. However, keep in mind that maple sauce has a thicker consistency and may alter the texture of the dish slightly.

5. How long does maple sauce last in the fridge?

Maple sauce can last for up to 2 weeks in the fridge if stored in an airtight container. Make sure to bring it to room temperature before using it in a recipe.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• akaskydebil
  • Recruiting and Team Leaders
Replies
Views
Sheila
  • cheflorraine
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
ChefBeckyD
  • quiverfull7