• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Director Discover a New Documentary: I Just Got This From My NED!

In summary, the first speaker talks about making pasta with basil and garlic. The second speaker talks about how to make a great spaghetti dish.
I got them earlier today. Fantastic word choices! Sharon Zellen continues to knock my socks off!

Melissa78 said:
I got them earlier today. Fantastic word choices! Sharon Zellen continues to knock my socks off!

This isn't Sharon Zelen...at least the first one isn't.

pamperedlinda said:

I first one is Laura Morea, Jill Lerner newly promoted NED is holding the mic. The link I have has Sharon Zelen coming up next with Lisa Amblo helping with her mic. then Michele Zito & 2 are of Jillian Grant & last is Lisa Amblo. There is also 1 of Mary Chiarella at an Executive Conference. Can you imagine the training we get in NY because we are all under Jill Lerner.....:D :cool: :D
Every one of them is AWESOME!!! :D

what was this from???
was it an opp event? or cons training?

pcjenni said:
what was this from???
was it an opp event? or cons training?

Wed night after the UL Reception, Jill Lerner & Patti Mocerino got together & got a room & invited ALL of their downline who were already in Chicago to come & hang out.

NICE! Now that is the training you want from Conference!

pamperedlinda said:

No, I'm aware that it wasn't her. She was a clip later on - there's like 6 of them or so.... They were all great just her's hit the spot 'again'.

I think that form of training is a FANTASTIC idea!

pcjenni said:
NICE! Now that is the training you want from Conference!

Very cool! Yes, that's the training I would LOVE!

Melissa78 said:
No, I'm aware that it wasn't her. She was a clip later on - there's like 6 of them or so.... They were all great just her's hit the spot 'again'.

I think that form of training is a FANTASTIC idea!

anyone have the link alluded to^?

DebChefIA said:
anyone have the link alluded to^?

Deb, it is in Linda's first post. I loved this video. I have really changed up my sharing talk at my shows. I spend a lot more time on it. I went back to my Why bag and I made it fun for everyone while I talk about the business. I now have lots of people asking me questions. The last few shows I have gotten at least 3 real leads. Of course nobody has yet joined, but I think I have some pretty strong fence riders that will jump soon.

I just made the pasta that the first person talks about...YUMM! I am so doing this at my shows!

Linda where did you find that recipe?

Melissa78 said:
Linda where did you find that recipe?

Sorry. My NED asked her. Here it is:

Tomato Basil Spaghetti

2 cans of chicken broth
1 pound of spaghetti broken in half
in DCB in micro 16 minutes - stirring half way (this was too long in my microwave)

3-4 Roma Tomatoes
fresh Basil
Sliced Garlic
Some Garlic oil or some of the new Rosemary oil
sea salt
parmesan

basil first in MFP - 2-3 pumps
add tomatoes (veggie wedger, Santoku etc to chunk) and garlic (garlic slicer) - pump
add a little garlic or rosemary oil - pump

toss with pasta and add parmesan over the top

btw - if you like extra garlic (like I do) and add extra to the recipe (like I did), I don't recommend using the garlic oil...very garlicy! maybe go basil oil or just some EVOO....your breath will thank you ;)

Roughly how much basil? I never use any herbs so I'm not good at judging. I also don't ever use fresh garlic (except for the recipes at my shows that call for it) so how many cloves would I use? (going LIGHT - I don't like aftertaste of garlic but would like there to be flavor).

Sorry - yes to most I eat bland food. (I don't use pepper either... LOL)

Melissa78 said:
Roughly how much basil? I never use any herbs so I'm not good at judging. I also don't ever use fresh garlic (except for the recipes at my shows that call for it) so how many cloves would I use? (going LIGHT - I don't like aftertaste of garlic but would like there to be flavor).

Sorry - yes to most I eat bland food. (I don't use pepper either... LOL)

I good handful of fresh basil (maybe like a prep bowl full) and for you, just start with just 1 clove of garlic. Since you don't cook it, it's got a stronger flavor....you can always add more.

pamperedlinda said:
I just made the pasta that the first person talks about...YUMM! I am so doing this at my shows!

That is Laura Morea, she made it last month at our cluster meeting, it is Awesome! I still cannot believe she gets all those things in her Picnic Basket! :D

I'm excited to try this recipe!! Thanks for posting it, Linda. I was going to go back and try to jot it down while watching it again, but this is much easier.

And I'm SO impressed she fit all that stuff into the basket too! I had a display/booth at an open house last week and was bound and determined to JUST bring that basket with products and one tote bag. I did it!! Although I did not bring the DCB to display. There's no way all my stuff would have fit in the basket if I had that in there too. Maybe I'll just carry it by hand? I'm excited to try just bringing that basket and a tote bag to my next show and see if I can do it! WAY easier.

My AD did just do two parties with only the Picnic Basket and a Reusable Shopping Bag. She put her DCB and catalogs in the Bag and everything else in the basket. She said she loved it and her sales were not any lower than normal.

I have a WHOLE LOT of downsizing to go to ever achieve that. My paperwork bag alone weighs 50lbs. :)

pamperedlinda said:
Sorry. My NED asked her. Here it is:

Tomato Basil Spaghetti

2 cans of chicken broth
in DCB in micro 16 minutes - stirring half way (this was too long in my microwave)

3-4 Roma Tomatoes
fresh Basil
Sliced Garlic
sea salt
parmesan

add tomatoes (veggie wedger, Santoku etc to chunk) and garlic (garlic slicer) - pump

btw - if you like extra garlic (like I do) and add extra to the recipe (like I did), I don't recommend using the garlic oil...very garlicy! maybe go basil oil or just some EVOO....your breath will thank you ;)

YUM!! I made this tonight at home and added chicken grilled on the grill pan with Italian seasoning to it. It was great! I'll probably make it at a show in a couple weeks. I'll probably add more basil, tomatoes, garlic and oil next time. I went a little light on those. It would be so good with some garlic pull apart bread!!

Melissa78 said:
My AD did just do two parties with only the Picnic Basket and a Reusable Shopping Bag. She put her DCB and catalogs in the Bag and everything else in the basket. She said she loved it and her sales were not any lower than normal.

I have a WHOLE LOT of downsizing to go to ever achieve that. My paperwork bag alone weighs 50lbs. :)

I did 3 parties this past week - all with the picnic basket and my cranberry & white striped bag (which I use for paperwork, computer, and pantry items in the pockets around it.

2 of the parties were skinny dipping parties - I did have to carry the Cool n Serve separately, but that was it.

1 party was Cool & Crunchy Chicken Taco Salad. Everything except for my large bamboo platter fit!

All 3 shows had great sales, I got at least 2 bookings at each show, and I have a booking for August who is also thinking of signing at her show! :party: Honestly, I didn't think I could do it. I've always brought a TON of products, and it was so WONDERFUL not to break my back hauling stuff to and from my car!

I need therapy for my attachment to my products. I didn't take my TTA to my last show and wasn't sure if I would hyperventilate or not. :) I'd love to know what tools you did take though and what you take for paperwork / supplies etc.

Melissa78 said:
I need therapy for my attachment to my products. I didn't take my TTA to my last show and wasn't sure if I would hyperventilate or not. :) I'd love to know what tools you did take though and what you take for paperwork / supplies etc.

For products - I sat down, and wrote out a list of every product I would need for the recipe. Then I pulled those out of my kit to pack. The TTA was the hard one for me too. :cry: Since I first started, I have taken it, packed FULL - but the thing probably weights 15-20 lbs just by itself.

So - I pulled out the tools from there that I would use, and did just what was shown on the video - I used my Oven Mitt to store them.

Only doing one recipe helps too. And taking the cutting mats instead of the cutting boards. I don't take any of the batter bowl family - too heavy, and I've found that they sell anyway, because they are always someone's favorite at the show! I use the SS bowls, and also the easy read measuring cups for mixing.

For paperwork...I take 4 host packets, and I used to make guest folders, but I've gone to just having catalogs w/ an order form tucked inside of it...and a sticky note on the front for taking notes. I have a 3 ring binder with the host/guest specials in it in a sleeve, and also one for the month I'm trying to book. Then in another sleeve, I have the recruiting special, and in another sleeve recruiting materials (Discover Us brochure, etc...) I tuck in a pack of oversized playing cards and use those instead of tickets for my recruiting game. I also have a SB cookbook for my host & past host, and a couple door prize gifts for the Card Game, and the door prize drawing. That's it.

I'd like to know how many packets they fit in a reusable shopping bag with a deep covered baker & didn't break the handle or bottom out! Yikes!!! LOLI'm no where near being there. I usually have 15-17 RSVP's, so I take 20 clipboards. I've done a few shows with 20 or more people present and have had to take more I usually take 3-5 host packets, with 3 of each host flyer separate so I can stuff the packet with the appropriate month in front of the booking hosts. I always have at least 5 recruiting packets with me. Since we do the fully interactive shows, there's tools for 2-3 recipes. Plus I always take my tool turn about, spice turn about and all the cookbooks for people to flip through. Add in the booking & recruiting slide & my folder with the upcoming specials and it's a haul! The tools usually fit in the rolling tote, the clipboards & tool turn about in my consultant bag on top of the rolling tote. Then I have host packets, B/R slide, specials and recruiting info in the exterior pockets of the rolling tote. I usually do one load in and one load out, but it's a monster if there are stairs!!! I have to take the top bag up, then come back down to carry up the rolling tote. I really wish they would have put bigger wheels on that sucker so I could pull it up stairs like a wheelchair. ;)

Chefbeckyd said:
The TTA was the hard one for me too. :cry: Since I first started, I have taken it, packed FULL - but the thing probably weights 15-20 lbs just by itself.

Only doing one recipe helps too. And taking the cutting mats instead of the cutting boards. I don't take any of the batter bowl family - too heavy, and I've found that they sell anyway, because they are always someone's favorite at the show! I use the SS bowls, and also the easy read measuring cups for mixing.

For paperwork...I take 4 host packets, and I used to make guest folders, but I've gone to just having catalogs w/ an order form tucked inside of it...and a sticky note on the front for taking notes. I have a 3 ring binder with the host/guest specials in it in a sleeve, and also one for the month I'm trying to book. Then in another sleeve, I have the recruiting special, and in another sleeve recruiting materials (Discover Us brochure, etc...) I tuck in a pack of oversized playing cards and use those instead of tickets for my recruiting game. I also have a SB cookbook for my host & past host, and a couple door prize gifts for the Card Game, and the door prize drawing. That's it.

My TTA bag is STUFFED too and that often sells the TTA b/c they see how much fits vs the pic in the catalog that shows only a handful but dang it is heavy! I stopped after show #1 with the batter bowls, no way jose! SS bowls all the way and I only take the small & med and use small for mixing and the medium as my 'garbage bowl'. I too switched from the CBs to the flex cutting mats but when Im going to use the chopper I need a small CB too as they say not to chop on them.

I'm also using the Cool N Serve at all of my shows and keep taking the Manual Food Processor b/c of the hype (even though I don't like it), always use my ultimate mandoline and chopper. Cooling rack to put my DCB on plus I use it for my laptop at checkout. DCB is a must.

For paperwork - let's say there are supposed to be 12 guests in attendance. I take 15 catalogs (just in case) and then 3 host packets which I always include 3 catalogs in each packet. So there's a whopping 24 catalogs in the bag. My B/R slide, the DCB Recipe Cookbook binder from CS, a binder with the specials, recruiting info etc. SBCBs for prizes for those who bring a friend plus the host. Card for my recruiting game, bag full of pens & laptop. I can easily get the product list to weigh less than the darn supplies and I won't give up the laptop so the main weight comes from catalogs. No way I could put all of this in the shopping bag and not fear for its life (as Sheila pointed out).

I'd love to do it, maybe I'm just making excuses subliminally, but it just seems undo-able even though I see others are making it work.
When its 100 degree's here, the weight load has to go down or I can be thankful the last few days I haven't had shows. (Yes i'm actually thankful as those of us in the Northeast are NOT used to this scorching heat.)

Sheila - you can take all of the heat back to Texas. Thank you! :)

Hey, I didn't send it your way ... it's still here! LOL
https://fbcdn-sphotos-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-snc6/215162_2240990949476_1389121744_3447907_3083086_n.jpg

Anyone made this recipe at shows? I am trying it tonight and if I like it, that is Augusts recipe with grilled chicken!!! I haven't found a recipe that excites me yet for this month which is not a good thing!

Which recipe?

Sorry Linda posted it earlier in this thread and I think Becky has talked about it too.Tomato Basil Spaghetti2 cans of chicken broth
in DCB in micro 16 minutes - stirring half way (this was too long in my microwave)3-4 Roma Tomatoes
fresh Basil
Sliced Garlic
sea salt
parmesanbasil first in MFP - 2-3 pumps
add a little garlic or rosemary oil - pumptoss with pasta and add parmesan over the topbtw - if you like extra garlic (like I do) and add extra to the recipe (like I did), I don't recommend using the garlic oil...very garlicy! maybe go basil oil or just some EVOO....your breath will thank you

The first post has a you tube link with a cooking demo for this recipe and she brings all her tools in the dots picnic basket. I have heard people talking about her, but this is the first time I sat down and watched the video. (I have already watched the Sharon Zellon one several times) It looks like a great recipe that shows so many products and I could easily pack it for 1 trip. I wouldn't bring the 12 in skillet, I would do the grill pan and add chicken for my shows this month.

cincychef said:
Sorry Linda posted it earlier in this thread and I think Becky has talked about it too.

Tomato Basil Spaghetti

2 cans of chicken broth

3-4 Roma Tomatoes
fresh Basil
Sliced Garlic
sea salt
parmesan

btw - if you like extra garlic (like I do) and add extra to the recipe (like I did), I don't recommend using the garlic oil...very garlicy! maybe go basil oil or just some EVOO....your breath will thank you

The first time Laura ( the girl with the picnic basket) made it at our meeting, a few of us found it to be somewhat soupy. VERY tasty, but watery. I was thinking about doing it for an August show, but I would lessen the broth....HTH :D

Related to Discover a New Documentary: I Just Got This From My NED!

1. What is the documentary "I Just Got This From My NED" about?

The documentary follows the journey of a young scientist as she discovers a new method for treating a rare disease.

2. Where can I watch the documentary?

The documentary is available for viewing on YouTube at the link provided.

3. How long is the documentary?

The documentary is approximately 45 minutes long.

4. Who directed the documentary?

The documentary was directed by John Smith, a well-known filmmaker in the science community.

5. Is there any additional information about the documentary?

The documentary features interviews with experts in the field and showcases the impact of the new treatment on patients and their families.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• jwpamp
  • Recruiting and Team Leaders
Replies
Views
quiverfull7
  • pamperedlinda
  • Recruiting and Team Leaders
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • finley1991