• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Did a Kind Stranger Save the Day at the Pharmacy for My Husband's Allergies?

In summary, the pharmacist said that he could give my husband eyedrops for his allergies, and a lady behind me decided to pay for them. Trish mentioned that she sells PCs, and the lady said she'll call to order some things. Trish also mentioned that her husband may need a shot of cortisone to get rid of the swelling, and if it's no better by Monday, she'll see if the doctor can work him in.
Trish1953
Silver Member
Thank God for angels in human form.

We went up to Market Street today to talk to the pharmacist. My husband's eyes were swelling shut, due to allergies. (Of course, it's the weekend and the doctor's not available). While trying to pay, I couldn't find my credit card (realized afterwards the DH used it last night and forgot to give it back to me). Anyway, I walked away to wait for my DH to come back out of the restroom so we could go look for it in the car (thought it fell diown between seats), the clerk said, "wait a moment." This lady behind me decided to foot the bill...$8.00 for eye allergy drops. I say, "thank you," and hand her one of my business cards with the "thanks for helping a PC Lady on the back w/ a discount for the helper." The lady says, "you sell PC." I say "yes." She says she'll call to order some things. Unfortunately, it was too busy to stop and get her i.d. (I usually pull out a drawing slip and ask them to give me their informatoon). I hope this really turns into an order.

And, as I said before, thank God for angels in human flesh.

Trish in Texas
Future Director & Recruiter

Trish - glad to hear there are some kind people in your area...hope it works out well for it!

Trish, How awesome is that? :D You just made my heart smile to know there are still some angels out there!:D

God if faithful!The Lord knows our needs and He is always faithful.

Debbie :D

Trish that was so nice and sweet of the lady to help you out--I'm sure you were embarrassed. I hope to hear that you also get an order from her too!

Thanks for all yoiur help. My poor husband is really suffering with these allergies. It's been so windy here, he thinks some dust or pollen got in his eyes while he was walking on his lunch break. We had a show tonight; he usually helps we do some of the cooking. But, his eye was so swollen shut that we had my daughter (who used to work for restaurants) assist us. Now, he's pooped and resting. But, his eye is almost completely swollen shut, turning red with dark circles under his eyes. I sure wish I had a doctor in the family. All the pharmacist told us was cold compresses and Opcon-A, an allergy eye OTC item. I think he may nned a shot of cortisone to get rid of this. If it's no better by Monday, I'll see if the doctor can work him in.

Trish in Texas

So glad to hear there are good people out there!! I hope it turns into an order or a show with lots of big orders for you!!!
How's hubby feeling now?

This morning, he is even more swelled-up (if there is such a word). His eye is almost totally closed. The swelling is going down into his cheeks. If it wouldn't be so expensive, I'd take him to a Doc-in-the-Box or the ER. But, he just took a new job. Insurance is finally in effect, but, paying for the insurance gave him a paycut. So, I'm hoping we can wait for the regular doctor, where it might be cheaper to get meds, etc. I'm praying for a good outcome!

Trish in Texas

Trish - has he seen an eye doctor or any doctor? It could be something in his eye rather than just allergies! If so, he could have an abrasion on his cornea and it could get infected or keep scratching...please make sure he gets in!!!! That can be SO painful!

...the swelling going down further though does sound like a severe sinus infection though...

If you have a wal-mart near you with a redi clinic in it, it is only 59 dollars to go. Not much more than going to the doc with a co-pay. Not getting this attended to right away could cost more in the long run if he winds up with an infection or worse has to have some sort of surgery.

I finally broke down and took DH to a ER Clinic. He said it was starting to affect vision (eye so swollen, he couldn't see out of it). Like us, theER doctor couldn't figure out what he was allergic to but, agreed it probably was allergies, since he has no pain, just itching. (I've had a scratch before and he'd didn't have any eye pain like that). They gave him a steroid shot and a Rx for prednisone. At this point, it doesn't look like his eye is quite as swollen, so I think this treatment might be the ticket. We'll watch, as he continues to take the Rx. Hopefully, it will be gone before we go to our regular doctor a week from tomorrow. IF it gets worse again, we'll seek medical treatment right away.

Thanks for all your help and advice, Web-Mates!

Trish in Texas

Thanks for the update, Trish and hope it ends up being nothing serious. I hope and pray that the ER doctor did the trick with the shot and medicine.

Trish,
How is he doing? I haven't been on in a while but I read your post and am so glad he at least went to the ER!

What is "Hope It Turns Into an Order"?

"Hope It Turns Into an Order" is a phrase used by consultants at Pampered Chef to express their hope that a customer's interest in a product will result in an actual purchase.

Why do Pampered Chef consultants say "Hope It Turns Into an Order"?

Our consultants have a passion for our products and want to share them with as many people as possible. By expressing our hope that a customer's interest will turn into an order, we are showing our enthusiasm and dedication to our company.

Is "Hope It Turns Into an Order" a sales tactic?

No, "Hope It Turns Into an Order" is not a sales tactic. It is simply a way for our consultants to express their genuine hope that a customer will enjoy our products enough to make a purchase.

Do other direct sales companies use similar phrases?

Yes, it is common for direct sales companies to have phrases or sayings that are unique to their company culture. "Hope It Turns Into an Order" is just one of the many phrases used by Pampered Chef consultants.

How can I support my Pampered Chef consultant when they say "Hope It Turns Into an Order"?

You can support your consultant by considering their products and making a purchase if you are interested. You can also spread the word about their business and products to others who may be interested. Your support means a lot to our consultants and helps our business grow.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• pamperedchef88
  • Pampered Chef Sales
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
Replies
Views
Kathytnt
  • PampMomof3
  • Pampered Chef Sales
Replies