• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Delicious Tomato Basil Squares | Make Ahead Recipe for Easy Travel

In summary, the conversation revolves around making and transporting a dish called "squares" or "pizza" using a large bar pan. There are suggestions for other variations, such as S'mores Galore and tomato basil squares, and tips for keeping the dish warm while traveling. One person asks about the size of chocolate bars needed for S'mores Galore and another shares a variation using a mini muffin pan.
bridgetbakes
For those of you that make these, do you think these would "travel well" if I made them ahead of time for show? Iwas going to make them in he large bar pan and bring along but wsn't sure wheter I should heat them up a little in the oven at the host's house and if so, for how long?

I LOVE these squares and think it is a good way to show the bar pan.

Any thoughts?

These are good hot or cold, I actually perfer them cold. It should travel well another good one for the Bar Pan is the S'Mores Galore or you could actually do any of the pizza's on there as well.

Thanks Andrea! Regarding the Smores Galore: Do you know what size chocolate bars you are supposed to use. I have never tried this recipe but it sounds YUMMY!

Do you have the insultate tote??I did these for a Cluster meeting and I live about 45 min. to an hour away from my director. Well I made them and then let "cool" for about 15 minutes before putting rec. stone/rack into my Insulated Tote and then I zipped it up and left only little portion open (was afraid steam would make crust mushy) well I got there, we had our meeting and then opened them up and they were still a little warm, not cold, I was thrilled!!

HTH,
Lisa

bklofft said:
Thanks Andrea! Regarding the Smores Galore: Do you know what size chocolate bars you are supposed to use. I have never tried this recipe but it sounds YUMMY!

It says 6 bars (1.55 oz each), it says milk chocolate but I think it would be better with dark...

I had a host who loved the tomato basil squares make them individually- She used the mini muffin pan, cut up the pizza dough (or could use cresent), and chop rather than slice the tomatoes. Very yummy!

Related to Delicious Tomato Basil Squares | Make Ahead Recipe for Easy Travel

1. Can I use dried basil instead of fresh for this recipe?

Yes, you can substitute dried basil for fresh in this recipe. Use 1 teaspoon of dried basil for every 1 tablespoon of fresh basil called for in the recipe.

2. How long do these squares last once they are made ahead?

If stored in an airtight container in the refrigerator, these squares will last for up to 5 days. They can also be frozen for longer storage.

3. Can I use a different type of cheese instead of mozzarella?

Yes, you can use any type of cheese you prefer in these squares. Cheddar, feta, or parmesan would all work well in this recipe.

4. Can I substitute gluten-free flour for the all-purpose flour?

Yes, you can use a gluten-free flour blend in place of the all-purpose flour. Just make sure to check the ingredient list to ensure it is a 1:1 substitute for all-purpose flour.

5. Can I make these squares ahead and freeze them?

Yes, these squares can be made ahead and frozen for up to 3 months. To reheat, thaw in the refrigerator overnight and then bake in the oven at 350°F for 10-15 minutes.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• leftymac
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • KellyRedHead
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
pcleah
Replies