• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Delicious Soup Recipes for the DCB: Try Our Smashed Potato Soup!

In summary, the DCB, or Deep Covered Baker, is a versatile stoneware cooking vessel from Pampered Chef that is perfect for making soups. To use it, simply preheat the DCB in the oven, add your soup ingredients, cover with the lid, and cook according to your recipe's instructions. It can be used to make creamy soups, but occasional stirring is recommended to prevent cream separation. The amount of liquid needed varies depending on the recipe, and the DCB is not suitable for stovetop use. It is dishwasher safe, but hand washing is recommended, and stubborn stains can be removed by soaking in hot water and baking soda.
pamperedmomto3
Do any of you have soup recipes for the dcb? I think I remember something about soup and slipper shows and maybe a smashed potato soup. tia

This is in the files section - I just searched under SOUP.

Smashed Potato Soup
(It's Good For You!...pg 59)

let me know if you can't find it.

These are all really good...the Smashed Potato Soup is my FAVORITE!!

Attachments

• Hearty Oven Chili.doc
    20.5 KB · Views: 292
  • Microwave Quick Turkey Chili.doc
    24.5 KB · Views: 296
  • Microwave White Chicken Chili.doc
    21 KB · Views: 340
  • Smashed Potato Soup in Microwave.doc
    25 KB · Views: 445
Kelly, for the smashed potato soup, do you have to use the refrigerated mashed potatoes? Can it be instant that you make at home or even real ones? What is the consistency supposed to be like?

If you make the instant ones at home (or use leftovers) BE SURE that they are cooled off overnight so that they get VERY thick. I made the instant ones and put them in the frig overnight and it worked great. Next show, I just made them at the show (so they weren't cooled, or thick enough) and the soup came out watery.

The ones you buy that are refrigerated are usually so thick when they are cold that they are like one big lump of potatoes! That's the consistancy that you need....

I've never used instant, but I've used the refrigerated, and leftover homemade. Both were equally good - but Kelly is right...they need to be really thick.

What is the DCB and how do I use it to make soup?

The DCB, or Deep Covered Baker, is a versatile stoneware cooking vessel from Pampered Chef that is perfect for making soups. To use it, simply preheat the DCB in the oven, add your soup ingredients, cover with the lid, and cook according to your recipe's instructions.

Can I make creamy soups in the DCB?

Yes, the DCB is great for making creamy soups, such as broccoli cheddar or tomato bisque. Just make sure to stir the soup occasionally during cooking to prevent the cream from separating.

Do I need to add liquid to my soup when using the DCB?

It depends on the recipe. Some soups, like chili or stew, may not require any additional liquid, while others, like chicken noodle or vegetable, may need some broth or water. Always follow your recipe's instructions for the correct amount of liquid to add.

Can I use the DCB on the stovetop?

No, the DCB is not designed to be used on the stovetop. It should only be used in the oven or microwave.

How do I clean the DCB after making soup?

The DCB is dishwasher safe, but it is recommended to hand wash it with warm soapy water to prolong its life. If there are any stubborn stains, you can soak the DCB in hot water and baking soda for a few hours before washing.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• elizabethfox
  • Pampered Chef Recipes
Replies
Views
elizabethfox
  • Pampered_Ashley84
  • Pampered Chef Recipes
Replies
Views
Teresa Lynn
Replies