• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Delicious Chicken N' Noodles: Best Recipes in DCB

In summary, Jackie used chicken breasts and did four at a time. She put the chicken in right after the liquid in the recipe. The chicken is seasoned by the Roni and everything comes out perfect.
ChefPaulaB
Does anyone have a good chicken n' noodles recipe, maybe in the DCB?

I know last time I made the 30 min. chicken, I made some egg noodles and instead of putting a little butter on them, I threw them in the DCB (chicken already on a platter) and tossed them around. Probably not the healthiest idea, but they were TASTE-Y!

Turkey Tetrazzini II - Allrecipes

I just made this tonight in the rectangle baker...
added some onion and garlic, salt, pepper and made a crumb topping with crushed club crackers, parm cheese, and melted butter. You could certainly make it in the DCB! It was VERY good....we had company and he ate THREE servings!! (It was my DH's business partner, and he is younger and lives alone. He LOVES any of my homecooking, but I think it's cuz he's a "captive" audience!)

Mmmmmmmmm, that sounds good! I kind of winged it with my Chicken N' Noodles, it still needs some tweaking, but it's a keeper! I put 4 frozen boneless, skinless chicken breasts, with some chopped celery & onions and I grated a few baby carrots... chicken broth to cover and salt and pepperoh, and some garlic with garlic press. Put it all in the DCB on high for 25 minutes (checked after 15 and wasn't done). After the chicken finished cooking I took it out and added some homemade noodles (yes, homemade, used the pastry mat and pastry cutter... first time making homemade noodles, still need some work, but was fun!), then put back in the microwave for 10 minutes. Meanwhile I made some mashed potatoes on the stove (need 2 microwaves!) and shredded the chicken with the salad choppers (awesome!). After the noodles were done I put the chicken back in and added some flour (trying to thicken the broth) and put back in for another 5 minutes. This is where the tweaking needs to be done... it didn't really thicken up as much as I'd liked. I'm used to adding flour to boiling liquid to thicken it... not sure what to do with this... maybe should've tried to thicken before I added the noodles. And I'll be trying a different noodle recipe next time... these were a little tough (of course, that might've been my mistake too, who knows). Anyway, that's what I did, and my DH loved it even though it needed the tweaking. We served it over the mashed potatoes with corn and bisquits.... definite comfort food (cold, rainy, dreary day here), probably not the best for the wasteline, all those starches! :eek: Oh well... it was good!

I use the DCB for Chicken n' rice with Rice A Roni, but you could probably substitue for Noodle Roni too. I just prepare the Roni as directed for the microwave (although in the winter weather, the oven can be used too) and add the chicken when it gets time to cook it for the 20-some-odd minutes. The chicken is perfectly seasoned by the Roni, and everything comes out perfect. One dish dinner, done in 30 minutes and can be done in the micro. Perfect!

Jackie, do you use chicken breasts? How many? Or pieces? Do you set them on top of the rice after it has cooked or before? I haven't used Ricearoni in years. Too expensive for what you get for my big family. I always buy Jasmine rice...it's the best flavor! I would like to try that in the microwave too. Your recipe sounds yummy and easy.
Deb

zmom58 said:
Jackie, do you use chicken breasts? How many? Or pieces? Do you set them on top of the rice after it has cooked or before? I haven't used Ricearoni in years. Too expensive for what you get for my big family. I always buy Jasmine rice...it's the best flavor! I would like to try that in the microwave too. Your recipe sounds yummy and easy.
Deb

Sorry, just happened to see this thread again. I use breasts and I usually do four at a time. If you need more than that, you'd probably have to do chicken tenders to make them all fit...I put the chicken in right after the liquid in the recipe. It works with the generic brand too and those are usually $1 each. We always have to make 2, and I'm sure you could even do 3 if you needed it. And I'm sure the Jasmine rice would be just fine as well.

Related to Delicious Chicken N' Noodles: Best Recipes in DCB

1. What is included in the Delicious Chicken N' Noodles recipe?

The recipe calls for chicken, egg noodles, chicken broth, cream of chicken soup, and a variety of herbs and spices.

2. How long does it take to cook Delicious Chicken N' Noodles?

The total cook time is around 45 minutes, with about 20 minutes of prep time and 25 minutes of cooking time.

3. Can I substitute the chicken with another protein?

Yes, you can substitute the chicken with beef, pork, or even tofu for a vegetarian option.

4. Do I need to cook the egg noodles separately before adding them to the dish?

No, you can add the uncooked egg noodles directly to the dish and they will cook in the broth and soup mixture.

5. Can I make this recipe in advance and reheat it later?

Yes, you can make the dish ahead of time and reheat it in the oven or microwave when you are ready to serve.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
KindaichiShota
  • lesliebakes
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
StacieB
  • byrd1956
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies