• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Delicious DCB Chicken/Steak Fajitas: Easy Recipe!

In summary, the conversation is about a person looking for a recipe for Chicken or Steak Fajitas made in the Deep Covered Baker (DCB). Another person shares a recipe for Rush Hour Chicken Fajitas that can be easily made in the DCB. They also mention a recipe for Fresh Tomato Salsa that can be made in the Manual Food Processor while the fajitas are cooking. The idea of making fajitas at shows is discussed, but some people may have a microwave that is too narrow for the DCB. Overall, the recipe is received positively and is considered a quick and delicious dinner option.
dana_jni
Does anyone have a recipe for Chicken or Steak Fajitas that are made in the DCB? I have found a couple that are for the stir fry skillet or a grill, but not in the deep covered baker.

Easiest recipe ever in the DCB! I made three batches in a row for a family get-together earlier this month and everyone loved them. And I do them for shows all the time.

Rush Hour Chicken Fajitas

2 medium green or red bell peppers or combination
2 medium onions
2 garlic cloves, peeled
3 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
2 T Chipotle (or Southwest or Chili Lime) Rub
12 (6-7 in) flour tortillas
1½ c (6 oz) shredded cheddar cheese, optional
½ c sour cream, optional

1. Cut bell peppers lengthwise into ¼ inch strips and thinly slice onions lengthwise. Slice garlic using Garlic Slicer. Place vegetables in Deep Covered Baker. Combine chicken and rub in Classic Batter Bowl; turn to coat. Place chicken over vegetables.
2. Microwave covered, on high 12-15 minutes or until internal temperature reaches 165 degrees F in thickest part of chicken and juices run clear. Scoop Salad Chopper under chicken, avoiding vegetables if possible, and cut chicken into small pieces. Stir chicken into vegetables.
3. Place tortillas into Large Micro-Cooker, microwave, covered on high about 30 seconds or until warm. To serve fajitas, spoon chicken and vegetable mixture onto centers of tortillas. Serve immediately with cheese, sour cream and Fresh Tomato Salsa.

When I do these for shows, I do the Fresh Tomato Salsa recipe in the MFP while they are cooking:

Fresh Tomato Salsa

1 small onion
1 jalapeño pepper, stemmed
½ cup loosely packed fresh cilantro
2 T fresh lemon juice
2 garlic cloves, peeled
½ tsp salt
2 cups grape tomatoes, divided
Tortilla chips (optional)

1. Cut onion into quarters. Cut jalapeño crosswise into thirds. Combine onion, jalapeño, cilantro, lemon juice, garlic and salt in Manual Food Processor; pump handle until coarsely chopped.
2. Add half of the tomatoes; pump handle until coarsely chopped, removing lid and scraping down sides of bowl as necessary. Add remaining tomatoes; pump handle to chop to desired consistency. Serve with tortilla chips, if desired.

Yum!!

I love the idea of making the fajitas at shows. I think it would be a big selling point. But my experience has been that many, many people have a microwave that is just a bit too narrow. Very frustrating. :grumpy: I wish the DCB was just a tiny bit smaller.

these were great for a show recipe...everyone loved them!

Thank You for the Recipe! I love the name! It really means quick dinner

What ingredients do I need to make Delicious DCB Chicken/Steak Fajitas?

To make Delicious DCB Chicken/Steak Fajitas, you will need the following ingredients:

• 1 pound of chicken or steak, sliced into thin strips
  • 1 red bell pepper, sliced
  • 1 green bell pepper, sliced
  • 1 onion, sliced
  • 1 packet of Pampered Chef Delicious DCB seasoning mix
  • 8 tortillas
  • Optional toppings: shredded cheese, sour cream, guacamole, salsa

Can I use frozen chicken or steak for this recipe?

Yes, you can use frozen chicken or steak. Just make sure to thaw it completely before cooking.

How do I cook the chicken or steak for the fajitas?

To cook the chicken or steak, heat a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add the sliced meat and cook for 5-7 minutes, stirring occasionally, until fully cooked. If using steak, cook to desired level of doneness.

How do I use the Delicious DCB seasoning mix?

After cooking the chicken or steak, sprinkle the seasoning mix over the meat and stir to evenly coat. Let it cook for an additional 2-3 minutes to allow the flavors to meld together.

Can I make these fajitas vegetarian?

Yes, you can make these fajitas vegetarian by substituting the chicken or steak with tofu or your favorite vegetables. You can also use the Delicious DCB seasoning mix to add flavor to your vegetarian alternative.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Tina1977
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
Shari in TX
  • Kristin B
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
Staci
  • pampered_rae