• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Delicious Brunch Braid Recipe with Unique Filling Options

In summary, Colleen makes a great brunch filling with hash browns, eggs, milk, green chiles and cheese. She also suggests using brown sugar instead of white sugar in her recipe.
jenniferknapp
Gold Member
Does anyone know of a "brunch" filling for the rings/wreaths/braids? Thanks :)

I don't know of any specific PC ones, but I make an awesome one with hash browns, eggs, milk, green chiles and cheese. I throw everything into a skillet and heat until the eggs and hash browns are cooked, then fill the crust (I always do a braid, but the shape doesn't matter obviously) and bake. YUMMY! Now I am craving one!

So I am guessing that you could really do any combination of ingredients, thinking of an omelet, and then scoop that on to the cresent rolls and braid and bake?

Here you go...

Attachments

• Ham N Eggs Brunch Braid.doc
    71.5 KB · Views: 314
Thank you so much Colleen!! I thought I had seen a recipe for it listed/mentioned on here before!

I made the ham N egg braid once and liked it, but I substituted sausage the next time and I won't go back to ham, so much better.

Chef Ritz said:
I made the ham N egg braid once and liked it, but I substituted sausage the next time and I won't go back to ham, so much better.

Good call! Do you think I can use brown and serve?

I make mine just like the recipe only with sausage. I bake it just as long and everything.

There is another brunch filling in the All The Best cookbook, that has veggies in it. I left my ATB cookbook at a host's house a couple weeks ago, and still haven't gone to pick it up - or I would post it. It is very good, and usually I use this recipe and just toss some breakfast meat in too.

OMG! I just happen to have ATB with me to copy a recipe for a host.

Garden Vegetable Omelet (filling for ring)
4 ounces cream cheese, softened
1/4 cup milk
1 Tb. all-purpose flour
8 eggs, divided
1 tsp. Pantry All-Purpose Dill Mix
1/4 tsp. salt
1/4 lb. fresh asparagus spears, cut into 1-inch pieces (3/4 cup)
1/2 cup diced red bell pepper
1/3 cup chopped onion
1 Tb. butter or margarine
1/2 cup (2 oz.) shredded cheddar cheese

Preheat oven to 375°. In classic batter bowl, whick cream cheese and milk; add flour and whisk until smooth. Separate 1 egg; reserve egg white. Add the yolk, remaining 7 eggs, dill mix, salt and black pepper to cream cheese mixture; whick until smooth. Add asparagus, bell pepper and onion to batter bowl; mix well.

Melt butter in Family Skillet over medium heat. Add egg mixture; cook, stirring occasionally, 4-6 minutes or until eggs are set but still moist. Remove pan from heat. Scoop filling evenly over desired shape (crescent rolls); sprinkle with cheese. Finish shape as directed. Brush with remaining egg white. Bake 25-30 minutes or until golden brown.

You are a STAR Ann!!!

I have used the Asparagus, and I have also subbed Broccoli for Asparagus - both are good.

Mushrooms are good, too.

That sounds good too Ann - thanks!!

I made the Apple Danish braid for a brunch show I did not too long ago. It was a hit!!

Just another idea...

1. What ingredients do I need for the brunch braid recipe?

The ingredients for the brunch braid recipe include refrigerated crescent dough, cooked bacon, eggs, shredded cheddar cheese, chopped bell peppers, and chopped green onions.

2. Can I use a different type of dough for the brunch braid?

Yes, you can use puff pastry or pizza dough instead of crescent dough for the brunch braid recipe. Just make sure to adjust the baking time accordingly.

3. Can I make the brunch braid ahead of time?

Yes, you can assemble the brunch braid a day in advance and refrigerate it. Just be sure to bake it for a few minutes longer to ensure it is cooked through.

4. What temperature do I bake the brunch braid at?

The brunch braid should be baked at 375°F for 20-25 minutes, or until the dough is golden brown and the filling is hot and bubbly.

5. Can I add other ingredients to the brunch braid?

Yes, you can customize the brunch braid recipe to your liking by adding in other ingredients such as ham, sausage, or different types of cheese. Just make sure to fully cook any raw ingredients before adding them to the braid.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• bbauman07
  • Pampered Chef Recipes
Replies
Views
janel kelly
  • ashkay
  • Pampered Chef Recipes
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • Morvin