• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Declined Credit Card-Notified Director

In summary, the consultant received an e-mail notifying them of a declined card from a guest, re-entered the information, and received a call from Home Office. The consultant attempted to contact the guest but was unsuccessful. The consultant then contacted their director and the situation is currently unresolved
noelskitchen
Okay, so I get a e-mail this morning on a declined card from a guest-soon to be host so I figuered maybe I entered the information wrong. So I double check and re-enter. Get a call from Home Office that it still didn't work so I call the guest and leave a message. It's a 3-day weekend she may noy be around so what can I do.

The thing that I'm a little disturbed with is they not only send a copy of the e-mail to my director but Home Office also calls her and leaves a message asking her to call me on the issue. What am I a child who can't run my own business? I understand the Directors and above make commissions off us consultants but I'm not a child and don't need every thing that happens in my business her business. I am an adult who knows how to run a business and can deal with a simple issue like this. I do know that it's the end of the month but it makes me feel like I'm treated as a child so to speak. Just had to vent.

Noel,
They have done this forever. they do it because they don't know if you got the message and it is like a safety net for you. Don't be offended think of it as their way to help you succeed.

Thanks Teresa,

I do understand the rationale behind what they are doing I do pay attention to my business morning, noon and night and watch everything. I think they should give you a chance to resolve the issue first.

Not everyone pays that close of attention to their business. Please don't take their precaution as an insult.

One of the other girls in my cluster doesn't read any emails or her CN and during the last pan-o-rama, she missed out on FREE cookware b/c she never paid attention, didn't know there was a promotion going on and had over 1000 points in free cookware and never redeemed them. Granted, our director knew she had these points, knows she never reads her emails and still never called her to "remind" her.

So it is a pre-caution b/c there are people out there that don't pay any attention to what they are doing in their business!! But MAN do they complain when they find out they messed up. LOL

Good luck in getting this resolved!!

I also think that it is MY business & no one should get MY info. I can understand letting my director know if I am about to become inactive but the rest I think should be left out. As far as someone not reading email, it is their responsibility to run their business. Not the director to let them know that they have points to use or whatever. Just my 2 cents.

Thanks Chris and Stacy.

I still have to agree with Stacy. If you decide to own your business you are held accountable, it's your money that got you started. If your not going to pay attention than why did you bother joining the business. I'm sure the matter will get resolved. It's a 3 day weekend like I said so I'll try calling her again on Tuesday. I don't think the HO will be around today or tomorrow anyway if the guest does call me back. If she doesn't I'll get in touch with the host to let her know her shows on hold and go from there.

Try being the director that didn't make the call and the consultant blames you. There can be a lot to learn in this business, and when I tell my consultants they should do something, it can take a couple times. This just gives the director a heads up that something is happening. Plus, directors have to hit $4000 in cluster sales each month (including theirs) and what if this show would have made it the $4000? If we don't know it is on hold, we can't help.

I am a director and my director calls me when a show is on hold. She knows I am on top of things and always online but she doesn't know if this particular day (or week) I'm out of the loop and missed the notice. Have you never missed an email? I did just recently - the one saying they were picking up the tree spreaders. If another director hadn't posted about it and told me the date she got the email I would not have known to look for it.

I have to say that the first time she called I was taken aback too. She should know that I would take care of this - I am not a child - etc. Well, after thinking about it I realized that she was just looking out for me.

Life happens to all of us and it is our (directors') job to help make sure you don't miss something. Pampered Chef never gives us personal information about our consultants. If we are copied on anything you can tell because it will say "cc".

I am always calling people on my team to remind them that they're close to something and such. For the most part they always say they are grateful and feel spoiled by me. One time I went overboard and did a whole long email about what one if my consultants needed to do to stay active and what her options would be if she didn't and she was quite upset that I had done this saying that HO had also sent her the same thing and she already knew, etc, etc. I apologized and explained that I was just trying to help and she apologized and said it was hormones (she was pg). I learned to minimalize my email reminder into the basics and tell them to contact me with further questions. I also try to do this by phone rather than email too so that tone is heard and THEIR issue is addressed rather than what I think their issue is.

Tell your director how you feel and work it out with her.

noelskitchen said:
The thing that I'm a little disturbed with is they not only send a copy of the e-mail to my director but Home Office also calls her and leaves a message asking her to call me on the issue. What am I a child who can't run my own business? I understand the Directors and above make commissions off us consultants but I'm not a child and don't need every thing that happens in my business her business. I am an adult who knows how to run a business and can deal with a simple issue like this. I do know that it's the end of the month but it makes me feel like I'm treated as a child so to speak. Just had to vent.

I totally agree about this part especially on other things that i dont want to mention, but when ever I have an "issue" with HO about something, they email me and my director. So now my director calls me and say, s did you see the email from HO - and I have to refrain from being a smart ass and saying something mean to her.

Lately I just ignore her calls or emails and just take care of it.

Since my director moved away and I took the swing shift at work, PC hasn't been my top priority and she knows it, so she hasn't emailed me in a while so I get an email from her about the HO thing and I'm like - what you can't just email me to say hi, it has to be about something lame?

my time to vent!

:p

noelskitchen said:
Thanks Chris and Stacy.

I still have to agree with Stacy. If you decide to own your business you are held accountable, it's your money that got you started. If your not going to pay attention than why did you bother joining the business. I'm sure the matter will get resolved. It's a 3 day weekend like I said so I'll try calling her again on Tuesday. I don't think the HO will be around today or tomorrow anyway if the guest does call me back. If she doesn't I'll get in touch with the host to let her know her shows on hold and go from there.

I bolded that above....I think it's another good reason HO also notifies director. With it being a three day weekend, how was the HO to know whether or not you'd be in town to get the email? It's just a precaution and a safety net.

It's great you're so on top of your business. But for the one consultant like you, there's probably a handful who are very much the opposite. I've seen it on my own team, so I know for the one consultant that is consistently on top of things, there are 2 or 3 who are sometimes kind of clueless.:eek:

Well I guess I'd feel a little different about the situation if my director didn't make it all about her and what she needs to make in order to stay director. But that's a whole other story that would take too long to explain.

I personally don't think you should let it bother you so much. If it happens again just tell her, I saw the email, but thanks for reminding me...bye! Then let it go. I'm a director and my director will still call or email me about stuff like that. I just tell her I got the memo, but thanks for your concern. My director is not worried about my little show for her business (Shan Eisler has won the Circle of Honor award I don't know how many times now), she just is looking out for MY business.

And maybe it is time to have a talk with your director that you would appreciate it if she was a little more hands-off. People work best with different levels of involvement. If you haven't communicated with her that you want little contact or none at all, she can't read your mind and won't know. Just be open and honest with her. And let this go...it's not that big of a deal.

I agree completely. I was just expressing my opinion on the matter. It will all work out.

BethCooks4U said:
I am a director and my director calls me when a show is on hold. She knows I am on top of things and always online but she doesn't know if this particular day (or week) I'm out of the loop and missed the notice. Have you never missed an email? I did just recently - the one saying they were picking up the tree spreaders. If another director hadn't posted about it and told me the date she got the email I would not have known to look for it.

I have to say that the first time she called I was taken aback too. She should know that I would take care of this - I am not a child - etc. Well, after thinking about it I realized that she was just looking out for me.

Life happens to all of us and it is our (directors') job to help make sure you don't miss something. Pampered Chef never gives us personal information about our consultants. If we are copied on anything you can tell because it will say "cc".

I am always calling people on my team to remind them that they're close to something and such. For the most part they always say they are grateful and feel spoiled by me. One time I went overboard and did a whole long email about what one if my consultants needed to do to stay active and what her options would be if she didn't and she was quite upset that I had done this saying that HO had also sent her the same thing and she already knew, etc, etc. I apologized and explained that I was just trying to help and she apologized and said it was hormones (she was pg). I learned to minimalize my email reminder into the basics and tell them to contact me with further questions. I also try to do this by phone rather than email too so that tone is heard and THEIR issue is addressed rather than what I think their issue is.

Tell your director how you feel and work it out with her.

It's better to have a D like Beth than one not paying any attention and leaving you on your own.

JAE said:
It's better to have a D like Beth than one not paying any attention and leaving you on your own.

Awe, thanks! :blushing:

What does it mean when my credit card is declined and the director has been notified?

When your credit card is declined and the director has been notified, it means that your card issuer has detected suspicious or unusual activity on your account and has declined the transaction. The director of the company or organization you are trying to make a purchase from has been notified of the declined transaction as a precautionary measure.

Why was my credit card declined and the director notified?

Your credit card may be declined and the director notified for various reasons. Some common reasons include insufficient funds, reaching your credit limit, or suspected fraudulent activity. It is important to contact your credit card issuer to determine the specific reason for the decline.

What should I do if my credit card is declined and the director has been notified?

If your credit card is declined and the director has been notified, you should first contact your credit card issuer to inquire about the reason for the decline. If the decline was due to suspicious activity, you may need to verify your identity and/or provide additional information to complete the transaction. It is also recommended to contact the director or customer service of the company you are trying to make a purchase from to inform them of the situation.

Will my credit card be charged if it is declined and the director has been notified?

No, your credit card will not be charged if it is declined and the director has been notified. However, depending on your credit card issuer's policies, you may still see a temporary hold on the funds in your account. This hold will be released once the declined transaction is resolved.

How can I prevent my credit card from being declined and the director being notified in the future?

To prevent your credit card from being declined and the director being notified in the future, it is important to regularly monitor your credit card transactions and report any suspicious activity to your card issuer immediately. It is also recommended to inform your credit card issuer of any travel plans or large purchases beforehand to avoid any potential declines. Keeping your credit card information up to date and ensuring you have sufficient funds in your account can also help prevent future declines.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• andrealynne719
  • Pampered Chef Finances
Replies
Views
andrealynne719
  • Symara
  • Pampered Chef Finances
Replies
Views
Symara
  • pkd09