• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Dealing with Competition: My Journey as a PC Consultant in a Small Town

In summary, a consultant from a town two hours away was selling PC in the small town where I work, my first director that I signed under was local, but had so many other commitments that she quit PC. My director under her director, who is an hour away, knew about the consultant and didn't tell me. My director has made over 3000 dollars this month from PC sales, while I have only made $800. My senior director, also an hour away, congratulated all the sell a thon winner this month and listed me as one of them. I also found out this week that my director did a show in my area. I have been asking my director if I could observe her show, but she always
PamperedSheep
I just found out that there is another consultant selling PC in my small town. I thought I was the only one. But here is the real kicker.....my director knew it and didn't tell me. My first director that I signed under was local, but had so many other commitments that she quit PC. Now I am under her director which is an hour away. I don't even get to half of the meetings and now to find out she knew there was another consultant selling in my area that she didn't tell me about. I have asked her numerous times if anyone else sells it here, oh no you are the only one. I could just scream!!!! :mad: And to beat all, I worked my tail off to have $800 in sales this month, she has made over $3000. Yep, I got an email from my senior director, also an hour away, that was congratulating all the sell a thon winner this month and she was listed. The icing on the cake, I also found out this week that my director did a show in my area. I have been telling her that when anyone done a show close to me I wanted to observe their show, I only found out from a friend that was invited to the show. AAAAAAARGH!!!! Now the big question is, what do I do about all this????? What would you all do?:grumpy:

I dont know how small of a town you are in but there is definitly more room for more then 1 consultant. I might be upset that my director didnt tell me that there was another consultant in my area if I had asked but it also would make me work so much harder. I live in a pretty rural town the closest city is 3 hrs away from me and my director is about 4 hrs away.
Now you know you have a girl in your area you may be able to bounce ideas off of her and you could also see if you could observe a show of hers. Maybe your director had other things on her mind when she did the show in your area and forgot to mention it to you.

I would ask my director why I wasn't allowed to come and observe her show. As your director you would think she would want to help you out in any way she can and letting you observe her show would be the simplest way, I would think. As for the other consultant, there really isn't anything you can do. We don't have territories to sell in. If you haven't heard about her from anyone at the shows you have been doing then chances are, that at least for now, you guys are running in different circles. You are bound to cross paths eventually. Let me ask you this, what would you have done differently if your director had told you that there was in fact someone else in your area? It's hard to be passed from director to director, I'm on my third - and it's hard to be hospitality or have your director far away. Make the best of the time you do get to spend with others in your cluster and your director. Maybe if you are uncomfortable going to your directors meetings after this you could ask if it would be okay to drop in on the Senior Directors meetings, it could give you a new perspective.

senior director and director share the meeting and it is still an hour away. i think i may ask my director for her email because i am jealous of her sales, but dont have hard feelings. i would like to share some ideas and tips. i guess i am mad because here is a local resource that i could have had, and didnt. director says she forgot to invite me to show, but i have asked several times to be able to observe her and she ALWAYs forgets. i wish i knew how to find out about other PC meetings that may be close to me....

ask your director if she could set you up with a hospitality director closer to you.

I live in a town of 1100 people and there are three of us directors and 4 consultants. We branch out to other towns up to two hours away. several of us have been with PC for over 10 years and it doesn't effect any of our sales.

PamperedSheep said:
senior director and director share the meeting and it is still an hour away. i think i may ask my director for her email because i am jealous of her sales, but dont have hard feelings. i would like to share some ideas and tips. i guess i am mad because here is a local resource that i could have had, and didnt. director says she forgot to invite me to show, but i have asked several times to be able to observe her and she ALWAYs forgets. i wish i knew how to find out about other PC meetings that may be close to me....

Does this other consultant not go to the meetings? If she is on your senior directors list she is in the same upline. Maybe she goes to a hospitality meeting and you could get in with that group. And it would be great to have someone else closer to your to chat with.

It's not just the director who has to be okay with you observing the show - the host needs to be okay with it too. I've had hosts who weren't comfortable with me having someone else tagging along - worried about space, etc....and if the host is hesitant, then I don't push it with them. Or, with a busy month, she may just have forgotten to tell you about it.

I have 2 recruits who live within 3 blocks of me - and there are tons of consultants in my area - and I still have people at parties who've never been to a PC show. The other consultant who is in your area may have done $3000 - but you don't know where she traveled to do those shows, or how long she has been a consultant. She may have a large customer base from outside your town too.

In fact, many of my shows are 30-45 minutes away from my town!

I live in a fairly small town too and there are THREE consultants in my neighborhood alone and two of us are directors - I know that there are several others in my town besides that, some are on my team. I still run into people right here in town that have never heard of PC.

I have tried to contact the two in the neighborhood and neither responded - I would have loved to network with them.

I wouldn't let this situation worry you too much. You never know where she does her shows, maybe she had a good fundraiser, etc. Your director and senior director may have so many people in their downlines that they didn't realize someone lived in the same town.

First, you must Bless & Release it, if you dwell on it you will never enjoy PC.I bet if you researched it you'd find 10-14 Mary Kay reps in your town. And guess what not everyone wears makeup but, I GUARANTEE you every household in your town has a kitchen. You are not in competition with her, I have been selling nearly 15 years and live in a very small town, there are at least 6 other consultants in the same town some are in my downline and I have done shows on their street AND there are plenty of kitchens left I've never stepped intoAs for observing, maybe she was busy and forgot or maybe she wants you to nurture your own style.
You will get form this what you put into it, so smile and go sell some food choppersgood Luck!!

thanks for all the helpful tips and the ears for me to tug on. as u can see from the first post, i wrote it at a little after midnight. NOONE is in a good mood a little after midnight, LOL. feeling better today. thanks.

Related to Dealing with Competition: My Journey as a PC Consultant in a Small Town

What does "Rant Just Found Out" mean?

"Rant Just Found Out" is a phrase used by Pampered Chef consultants to describe a product or tool that has recently been discovered or tried and has exceeded their expectations.

How can I incorporate "Rant Just Found Out" into my Pampered Chef business?

You can use "Rant Just Found Out" as a way to share your personal experiences and recommendations with your customers. By highlighting products that have impressed you, you can build trust and loyalty with your clients.

Do I have to be a Pampered Chef consultant to use "Rant Just Found Out"?

No, "Rant Just Found Out" can be used by anyone who has tried and loved a Pampered Chef product. It is a way to share your enthusiasm and promote products you genuinely believe in.

Can I use "Rant Just Found Out" for negative reviews?

No, "Rant Just Found Out" is meant to showcase positive experiences and recommendations. If you have a negative experience with a Pampered Chef product, please reach out to our customer service team for assistance.

Is there a specific format or hashtag for using "Rant Just Found Out"?

No, there is no specific format or hashtag for using "Rant Just Found Out". You can simply include the phrase in your social media posts or conversations with customers to share your excitement and recommendations.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
Teresa Lynn
  • smspamperedchef
  • Pampered Chef Sales
Replies
Views
rlombas
  • Pampered Chef Rachel
  • Pampered Chef Support Group
Replies