• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Dcb Recipes That Are Not for the Microwave???

In summary, Becky wants recipes for her DCB without the microwave. The other night, she made pot pie in it, using chicken w/ gravy and mixed veggies, and put Grands Biscuits on top, and baked it. For Thanksgiving, she is going to make her Stuffing in it.
Christ Follower
Gold Member
I have a past host that loves her DCB, however, she keeps asking me for recipes for it that don't use the microwave.

Who has ideas other than a roast or chicken? All the PC recipes for the DCB are for the micro and she doesn't like to use it.

Thanks in advance for any suggestions....

I use mine all the time for things in the oven - but not really "recipes".
The other night, I made Pot Pie in it, using chicken w/ gravy and mixed veggies, and put Grands Biscuits on top, and baked it.
I make Baked Beans in it, and have made Apple Cobbler and Peach Cobbler in it.
For Thanksgiving, I am going to make my Stuffing in it.......

Not sure if that helps - I just use it for whatever I need to use it for!:D

Thanks Becky, that does help. The pot pies idea is great!

1 lb Ground Beef
16 oz can Pork & Beans
2 tbs Brown Sugar
1 Small Onion (Minced)
1/2 cup BBQ Sauce
1 Can Grands Bisquits (10 pk)
1/2 cup Grated Cheese (optional)

Brown ground beef with onion and drain. Add brown sugar, bbq sauce and Pork & Beans. Mix all ingredients and put into DCB. Cut the bisquits in half and arrange them on top with cut sides against side. Top with grated cheese and bake @350 for 20 mins or until bisquits are golden brown.

**On days when I forget to take something out in the morning for dinner, I just pull out frozen hamburger and put it in the micro cooker to defrost and cook. I drain it and use the mix and chop to break it all up, add the remaining ingredients right in the MC and then dump into the DCB. (the onions are so small they cook while in the oven)

Here is a flyer I "borrowed" from someone here!!

Attachments

• Covered Baker Recipe flyer.doc
    46.5 KB · Views: 356
I use my DCB for the NY Times No Knead Bread recipe that swept the country a few months back.

Great crust! Great Flavor :)

http://www.nytimes.com/2006/11/08/dining/081mrex.html?_r=1&oref=slogin

Thank you so much for posting! This will help me out a lot. I'm thinking she will love it all!

These came off my upline's website......

Vegetable Pot Roast
Place the roast in the baker. Add potatoes, carrots, onions, celery, salt and pepper. It isn't necessary to add water. Place lid top. Put into 325F oven for 2-3 hours, depending on how large the roast is. Remove roast and
vegetables from bowl. Use broth to make gravy to pour over veggies and roast.

Burgundy Pot Roast
Place the roast in the baker. Add 1-cup burgundy wine, 1 can (8 oz) tomato sauce & 1 pkg. dry vegetable soup mix. Cover with lid & bake 3-3 ½ hours. Serve hot over egg noodles.

Bachelors Roast
Place roast in the baker and pour 1 can of coke and 2 cups of catsup over it. Put the lid on top. Cook for about 30 minutes per lb. Optional: Add onions & pressed garlic. If there are any leftovers, just shred and mix with the
sauce and you have BBQ for a couple of meals.

Chuck Roast with Gravy
Mix 1 can Campbell's Cream of Mushroom with Roasted Garlic soup and 1 can Coke or 1 can Cream of Mushroom soup, 1 pkg. Lipton's Onion Soup mix, and 1 can Coke. Place roast in the baker and spread soup mixture over roast. Cover with lid. Bake in 350F oven for about 2 hrs.

French Beef Dip
3- 6 lbs. Boneless beef (any cut) 3 cans beef broth
1 pkg. onion soup mix 2 cans or bottles of beer
2 tsp sugar 1 tsp. Dried or minced, fresh garlic
Put all ingredients in baker and cook covered at 200 - 250 at least 6 hours, till meat shreds and is very tender.

Super Bowl Short Ribs
4 lbs. Boneless beef short ribs 16 oz. Tomato sauce
1-cup dark brown sugar ½ cup soy sauce
2-3 med red onions coarsely chopped 3 Tbs. Cinnamon
Remove all visible fat and slice into 2 inch strips about ½-¾ inch thick. Place in baker and add other ingredients, which have been mixed together thoroughly. Cover with the lid and bake at 325 degrees for 2 hours, stir
occasionally.
Note: The meat and vegetables are constantly basted and held in their own juices. Everything cooked in this "clay baker" will be flavorful and tender and will have plenty of broth for gravy if you like.

Smoked Sausage with Vegetables
Cut Smoked Sausage into chunks and place in baker. Add 1 cup water, quartered potatoes, carrots, quartered cabbage, and (any vegetables you like). Top with lid. Bake at 350 for 20-30 minutes or until veggies are done.

Baked Ham
Place the butt portion of a ham in the baker. Top with lid. Place in 350 oven for 2 ½ - 3 hours. You may glaze ham in last 30 minutes of cooking with pineapple and brown sugar glaze.

Roasted Turkey Breast
Place turkey breast in baker; place 6-8 small red skinned potatoes, halved, around turkey. Add ½ cup white wine & 2 cloves pressed garlic. Season with salt & pepper. Cover with lid. Bake at 350F for 1-½ hours. Uncover for last
15-20 minutes. Let stand 5 minutes before slicing.

Cranberry Chicken
Mix one can of whole berry cranberries w/ can of cream of mushroom soup & one packet of onion soup mix. Pour over top of chicken in baker. Cover with lid, place in oven; bake for 1-½ hours at 425.

Chicken & Vegetables
Place chicken (skin on or off) in baker. Place chopped onion, celery and carrots around chicken. Sprinkle with ½ package of Good Seasons Italian Dressing mix. Place lid on top. Bake at 350 for 1 hour.

Lemon Garlic Chicken
Place whole roasting chicken in baker with one whole lemon & one head of garlic (unpeeled) in cavity of chicken. Season with salt & pepper. Cover with lid and cook for 1-½ hours at 425. (Try with an orange too.)

Chicken Pot Pie
Simmer a couple of boneless, skinless chicken breasts, let cool and cube. Microwave cubed potatoes, carrots, celery, onion, green beans or peas. Combine with cornstarch-thickened chicken broth (from the simmered chicken), and pour into pie crust lined baker (you can use Pillsbury ready made) then top with the other crust, crimp, brush with milk, sprinkle with herbs, sesame seeds,
or a little Parmesan, and bake at 350 about 40 min.

Hawaiian Chicken
Place whole chicken in baker, pat dry. Using pastry brush, brush on a thick coat of Apricot Jam. Pour a can of pineapples over chicken with some maraschino cherries. Cover with lid & bake for 1-½ hours at 375 Use juices
from chicken as gravy. Serve with white rice & a green vegetable.

Honey Mustard Chicken
Place roasting chicken in the baker and pour FAT FREE honey mustard dressing over the top. Cover with lid. Cook for 1-½ hours at 425F.

No Peek Chicken
6 boneless skinless chicken breast halves
1 pkg. long grain & wild rice (w/seasoning pkt)
1 can each: cream of chicken soup, cream of celery soup
1 can water
Combine rice, seasoning from box, both cans of soup & 1 can water in baker.
Place chicken on top and cover with lid. Bake at 350 for about 2 hours. Makes a wonderful tender chicken dish with great rice and gravy. (Try it with pork chops too!)

Italian Roast Chicken
1 whole chicken 1 large fresh tomato
1 can tomato sauce (15 ounces) ½ tsp. sugar
2 tsp dried basil 1 tsp. dried thyme
6 garlic cloves, crushed
Remove all visible fat from chicken (do not take the skin off). Season with salt & pepper. Rub interior with one crushed garlic clove. Place chicken on its back in baker. Slice tomato in half horizontally and squeeze to remove
the seeds & juice. Chop tomato & put around chicken. Sprinkle w/ crushed garlic, basil, thyme, sugar, salt and pepper. Pour tomato sauce over. Cover with lid, cook at 350 degrees for 1 hour and 15 minutes. Remove lid and continue to cook for 15 minutes.

Barbecued Chicken, Pork Chops, Etc.
Place your choice of meat in baker. Pour your favorite barbecue sauce over all. Cover with lid. Bake at 350F until done.

Pork Chops & Gravy
Place pork chops in baker. Mix one can of cream of mushroom soup with ¼ cup white wine and 2 cloves pressed garlic. Cover chops with soup mixture. Cover
with lid. Bake at 375 for 1-½ hours.

Pork Chops & Rice
Empty contents of purchased rice/pilaf mix (Uncle Ben's) into baker. Add water according to package directions. Place pork chops on top of rice & sprinkle seasoning mix on meat. Cover & bake for 1-2 hours at 350 degrees.

Mushroom Pork Chops
Empty 1 can of cream of mushroom soup into baker. Crush clove of garlic; mix in ¼ cup white wine. Place thick sliced pork chops on top, cover with lid.
Bake 325F for 45 minutes.

Baked Potato Curls
Peel & slice 4 potatoes and place them in baker. Chop 1 bunch green onions (tops only) & place in medium bowl. Fry 4-5 strips of bacon & chop into fine bits, add to green onions. Press 2 garlic cloves into bowl & mix with 1 cup
shredded cheddar cheese, ½ cup sour cream, & ½ stick of melted butter. Mix together & pour over potatoes. Cover with lid & bake at 400F for 20 minutes.

Italian Potatoes
Place peeled and sliced potatoes in baker. Melt ½ stick butter; add 1 TBS. Good Season's Italian Salad Dressing Mix. Pour over potatoes. Cover with lid and bake at 400 for 20 minutes or until done. While potatoes are baking, fry 2-3 strips of bacon until crisp. Chop bacon. Remove potatoes from oven when done and sprinkle bacon over top along with a cup (more or less) of shredded
cheddar cheese. Replace top and set aside to allow cheese to melt. Serve and enjoy!

Round Steak & Mushroom Gravy
Place round steak in baker. Add 1 can mushroom soup and 1 can water. Cover with lid and bake in 350 oven for about 1 hour.

Garlic Cheese Potatoes
Place peeled and sliced potatoes in baker. Melt ½ stick butter with 2-3 cloves pressed garlic. Pour over potatoes. Sprinkle 2 chopped scallions over potatoes and ¼ cup grated Parmesan cheese. Cover with lid and bake at 400
for 20 minutes, or until done. Remove top and let brown.

Salsa "Fried" Potatoes
In a medium bowl mix together 1-cup salsa, 1 small can of black olives & 2 cloves pressed garlic. Chop ¼ cup fresh cilantro; add to salsa mixture. Slice 4-5 potatoes & mix with the salsa mixture. Place the potatoes in baker and
cover with lid. Bake for about 30 minutes. Remove the lid & grate the cheese over the potatoes. Bake about another 10 minutes until the potatoes are fork
tender & cheese is melted.

Easy Peach Cobbler
1-cup flour ½ cup butter or margarine
1-cup sugar 1 tsp. baking powder
½ cup milk 29 oz. can sliced peaches with juice
Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Place butter in bottom of baker. Place in oven just long enough to melt the butter. Remove from oven when melted. Sift flour, sugar and baking powder into Classic Batter Bowl. Then add milk. Mix well with whisk to make a batter. Pour the batter over the melted butter. Heat the fruit and juice. Pour the warm fruit and juice over the batter. DO NOT STIR. Bake at 375 degrees for 30-40 min. The butter will creep through the
fruit and make a crust on top. Note: Any desired fruit or berry will work.

I also use mine for any casseroles & mac & cheese that I bake in the oven. I'd tell her that pretty much anything she might use Corningware for she can bake in our DCB.

My husband and I just made boneless ribs in the DBC the other night. I went to Costco and bought a package that was about 5 lbs. I broke it up into 5 1lb freezer bags and froze all but 1 lb. I then rubbed the Garlic Peppercorn rub and baked it in the oven for about 30 minutes. It was soooo delicious! And super easy. I didn't even use that much rub (just on top) but it was very flavorful. We are addicted to this baker and all the recipes I have found are so appreciated.

CookingwithMary said:
I use my DCB for the NY Times No Knead Bread recipe that swept the country a few months back.

Great crust! Great Flavor :)

http://www.nytimes.com/2006/11/08/dining/081mrex.html?_r=1&oref=slogin

Thanks for this recipe!
Did you preheat the baker like the recipe said?
How did you do the timing...as in...when did you start it and then bake, etc? I am thinking if I started it this late today (8:00?) the first rising would be done by 2:00 tomorrow...next 2 hour resting till 4:00 then bake? Am I timing that right?

Thanks for any help and/or tips!

pamperedgirl3 said:
I also use mine for any casseroles & mac & cheese that I bake in the oven. I'd tell her that pretty much anything she might use Corningware for she can bake in our DCB.

Will you share the mac & cheese casserole please :)

Christ Follower said:
I have a past host that loves her DCB, however, she keeps asking me for recipes for it that don't use the microwave.

Who has ideas other than a roast or chicken? All the PC recipes for the DCB are for the micro and she doesn't like to use it.

Thanks in advance for any suggestions....

I baked my first ham in mine, covered. I thought - bet it'll taste GREAT cooked in a brick oven! It was good. Just melted apricot preserves and brushed on. First ham I ever made.

What is the difference between DCB recipes and microwave recipes?

DCB (Deep Covered Baker) recipes are specifically designed to be cooked in the Pampered Chef Deep Covered Baker, which is an oven-safe stoneware dish. These recipes are not intended for use in the microwave. Microwave recipes, on the other hand, are designed to be cooked quickly in the microwave.

Can I use my DCB in the microwave?

No, the DCB is not safe for use in the microwave. It is made of stoneware, which is not microwave safe. Using the DCB in the microwave can cause it to crack or break.

Why are DCB recipes not for the microwave?

DCB recipes are not for the microwave because the stoneware material is not safe for use in the microwave. Additionally, the cooking times and temperatures for DCB recipes are specifically designed for use in the oven, not the microwave.

Can I use other types of bakeware instead of the DCB?

While some DCB recipes may be adaptable to other types of bakeware, it is not recommended. The Pampered Chef DCB is specifically designed for optimal results with these recipes, and using a different type of bakeware may result in different cooking times and outcomes.

Are there any safety precautions I should take when using the DCB?

Yes, always follow the instructions and safety guidelines provided with the DCB. Make sure to use oven mitts when handling the hot stoneware, and do not place the DCB directly on a hot stovetop or in a broiler. Also, avoid sudden temperature changes, such as placing the hot DCB on a cool surface or adding cold ingredients to a hot DCB, as this can cause the stoneware to crack.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• sbridgmon
  • Pampered Chef Recipes
Replies
Views
sbridgmon
Replies
Views
cindylpal
  • jenniferm
  • Pampered Chef Recipes
Replies