• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Dallas January Weather: What to Expect and Pack

In summary, the weather in Dallas and other parts of Texas can be unpredictable and constantly changing. Typically, winters are mild with occasional cold fronts and Arctic blasts from the North. However, there have been instances of extreme cold and even snow in the past. As of now, the weather is relatively mild for winter, with temperatures in the 70s and 80s. It is recommended to check the forecast before heading to Dallas, especially for a trip in January. Some Texans enjoy the colder weather, while others prefer the warmer temperatures.
micocina
Gold Member
Does anyone know what the weather is like in Dallas for the month of January? I'd like to know so I'll know what to pack.

Dallas weatherWe went on a vacation to Dallas with the kids in early December about two years ago. It was the coldest it had ever been, about 30 degrees. It was extremely cold for us Texans! We aren't used to that.
Usually the winters in TX are mild, our winter consists of cold fronts and artic blasts that come in from the North.
It's kind of hard to tell since it is a month away, but right now our winter is relatively mild. I would suggest you pack your jacket, a light sweater, and then winter clothes but nothing bulky. There is no need for thermal underwear, gloves, hats, mittens, etc... It just doesn't get that cold here. And if we wake up to a cold morning, by afternoon the weather is warm. Right now in San Antonio the weather is 70 degrees in DECEMBER!!!
I hope it gets cold at least by Christmas, this weather stinks. I mean we only have serious winter weather about 1-2 months out of the year. And by serious I mean 30 degrees, maybe a little colder. I want it to come already.
Debbie :D :D

Weather in the DFW area changes daily. It will be 80 degrees one day 20 degrees the next. Best thing is to look online at the forcast before heading to Leadership.

mild TX winters...
DebbieSAChef said:
We went on a vacation to Dallas with the kids in early December about two years ago. It was the coldest it had ever been, about 30 degrees. It was extremely cold for us Texans! We aren't used to that.
Usually the winters in TX are mild, our winter consists of cold fronts and artic blasts that come in from the North.
It's kind of hard to tell since it is a month away, but right now our winter is relatively mild. I would suggest you pack your jacket, a light sweater, and then winter clothes but nothing bulky. There is no need for thermal underwear, gloves, hats, mittens, etc... It just doesn't get that cold here. And if we wake up to a cold morning, by afternoon the weather is warm. Right now in San Antonio the weather is 70 degrees in DECEMBER!!!
I hope it gets cold at least by Christmas, this weather stinks. I mean we only have serious winter weather about 1-2 months out of the year. And by serious I mean 30 degrees, maybe a little colder. I want it to come already.
Debbie :D :D

Debbie about 7-9 yrs ago I lived in McAllen TX for about 3 months, snow flurried on 4-12-xx; I couldn't stay in my apt as no heat!!! 2 yrs ago when I relocated to the LGRV WE had snow started on Christmas Eve and stuck to our warm ground and most of Christmas my co-worker's and their families who've never seen it really enjoyed it. They all couldn't understand why I left it!!! It was pretty snow, not icey, etc. :)

I sure wouldn't mind snow every Christmas Eve and Christmas, as I keep forgetting about it being Christmas until going to the Post Office or the busy holiday traffic, hard to get used to Palm Trees decorated on Christmas too.

I thought Dallas...
lkspeir said:
Weather in the DFW area changes daily. It will be 80 degrees one day 20 degrees the next. Best thing is to look online at the forcast before heading to Leadership.

got cold and even snowy at times :)

Weather is crazyThe weather is contantly changing and I agree to look up the weather to see what it is going to be like. I am hoping by January that it will get cold in TX. I like the cold. I don't want it extremely cold but my kids would love to see snow. They never have. It snowed here in SA in 1986. I was 9 years old and still remember making snowmen. IT was so much fun.
I know as a native Texan I probably couldn't survive the extreme cold that is usually associated with snow for very long. My body probably couldn't handle it, but I would love it for a little while.
Debbie :D

Well let's see for the past week, we've either had all our windows and doors open & wearing shorts or our air conditioner on. Today its gloomy and we're supposed to see a drop in temp with the rain that is predicted. Today the high will be around 60. It is a little chilly in the house this morning I think my college son forgot to shut the upstairs windows when he came in last night.

For Leadership I wouldn't bring sweaters but, I would bring a light jacket.
Teresa

I am less than 30 miles from the Leadership location.

If anyone ahs othe rquestions I might be able to help.
Teresa

The saying goes, "If you don't like the weather, wait 30 minutes" It is constantly changing in Texas (almost every part). I went to college in Arlington (sister city to Dallas). You never can tell. It would be best to just wait till the last minute to pack and check the Weather Channel.

Will you have a Cheffer pin? Hope to see you guys there!

Weather for leadership is Clear Monday and Teusday and Partly Cloudy on Wednesday. Monday High 62/Low 33 Tuesday 56/32 and Wednesday 57/42

Please be aware that our weather can change drasticly in the blink of an eye - But it's usually rather mild in the winter compared the our northern friends. I moved here with my family from New Hampshire over 35 years ago.

Can't be as bad as...Wyoming!!! I got back from a show a while ago...and it was -15.....BRRRRR!! I hate carrying my crate in when I feel like my hands are going to fall off!!

See you all in Dallas!!:D :D :D :D

Related to Dallas January Weather: What to Expect and Pack

1. What is the average temperature in Dallas during January?

The average temperature in Dallas during January is around 50°F (10°C).

2. Will it snow in Dallas during January?

While it is possible for Dallas to experience snow during January, it is not very common. The city typically receives an average of 0.5 inches of snow during the month.

3. What type of clothing should I pack for a trip to Dallas in January?

It is recommended to pack layers and clothing that can be easily adjusted to accommodate changes in temperature. A warm coat, long-sleeved shirts, sweaters, and a scarf are all good options. Don't forget to bring an umbrella or rain jacket, as well.

4. Will I need to bring sunscreen for a trip to Dallas in January?

While the UV index is lower during January, it is still important to protect your skin from the sun's rays. Make sure to pack sunscreen with an SPF of 30 or higher.

5. Are there any special events or festivals in Dallas during January?

Yes, there are several events and festivals that take place in Dallas during January. These include the Dallas International Boat Show, the Martin Luther King Jr. Parade and Festival, and the Chinese New Year Festival. Check the events calendar for more details and plan accordingly.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
Kjurich
Replies
Views
sharalam
Replies
Views
babywings76
  • pamperedape
  • General Chat