• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Crafting an Effective 30 Second Commercial for Your Business

In summary, Linda helps people to spend less time in their kitchen and more time with their families by teaching them how to use kitchen tools and quick recipes.
cat
Gold Member
How do you answer the question, "What do you do?" I went to Belinda Ellsworth's class at conference and I realized that I have a boring 30 second commercial. When you are talking to someone who's unfamiliar with PC, how do you describe your job? Belinda gave one example that goes something like, "I make even the person who burns boiling water a wannabe gourmet chef!"

Thanks!

Mine is:
I'm a mealtime medic! I breathe new life into your dinners. I can rehabilitate your kitchen for free and if your budget needs a shot in the arm, I have the prescription for that too.

A friend of mine uses this:
I change people's kitchens and lives one tool at a time.

Marg said:
I change people's kitchens and lives one tool at a time.

I love this one.....may have to 'borrow' it! :)

I have another question regarding commercials:

In the Bookings: Fill Your Calendar workshop that I went to one of the ladies mentioned that she does 3 'commercials' within her shows. She has the questions (for hosting & recruiting) typed-up on pieces of paper and gives them to guests to ask during the show, said she cues them when to ask. She breaks from her demo and answers them - says that doing it this way she doesn't seem so pushy and kind of broke the ice for her. Did anyone else have someone suggest this? She only read one of her 'cue cards' and it was the bookings one. It went something like "What do I get for scheduling a fun night out with my friends?' and then she talked about the benefits of booking a show.

Anybody have any other suggestions or creative ways to ask the imortant questions? I've got a show Saturday and I want to try this out in front of them - I don't think I'm going to know anyone at this show so I'm excited about getting a few bookings from them - maybe a recruit too!

Thanks!
Linda

Last edited:
cat said:
How do you answer the question, "What do you do?" I went to Belinda Ellsworth's class at conference and I realized that I have a boring 30 second commercial. When you are talking to someone who's unfamiliar with PC, how do you describe your job? Belinda gave one example that goes something like, "I make even the person who burns boiling water a wannabe gourmet chef!"

Thanks!

I stole that one! Or I'll say I teach how to make 30 minute meals.

pamperedlinda said:
I love this one.....may have to 'borrow' it! :)

I have another question regarding commercials:

In the Bookings: Fill Your Calendar workshop that I went to one of the ladies mentioned that she does 3 'commercials' within her shows. She has the questions (for hosting & recruiting) typed-up on pieces of paper and gives them to guests to ask during the show, said she cues them when to ask. She breaks from her demo and answers them - says that doing it this way she doesn't seem so pushy and kind of broke the ice for her. Did anyone else have someone suggest this? She only read one of her 'cue cards' and it was the bookings one. It went something like "What do I get for scheduling a fun night out with my friends?' and then she talked about the benefits of booking a show.

Anybody have any other suggestions or creative ways to ask the imortant questions? I've got a show Saturday and I want to try this out in front of them - I don't think I'm going to know anyone at this show so I'm excited about getting a few bookings from them - maybe a recruit too!

Thanks!
Linda

Linda, do you know what she has on those note cards? I took the same workshop but was so busy typing up other notes, I didn't get good notes on what she passes out... would you mind sharing please?

cat said:

Thanks!

I love what I read in Empowering Women..... I help teach people how to spend less time in their kitchen and more time with their families. Then I go into how our fabulous kitchen tools speed up the process, and still allow for fresh ingredients with enticing results. Easy quick recipes, help people to earn free products and help others to be successful in their own businesses. Now I'm working on being moreconcise with those words. :)

its_me_susan said:
Linda, do you know what she has on those note cards? I took the same workshop but was so busy typing up other notes, I didn't get good notes on what she passes out... would you mind sharing please?

I was in the one on 6/15 with Tanya Grandbois-Smith & Karen Munson, is that the one you were in?

Unfortunatly that's the only word for word queston I got written down (she could talk so much faster that I could write!). She had another one about overcoming objections, something like "I'm too busy & don't have enough time, plus all of my friends have been to PC parties"

I kind of like this and I think I'm going to try it out at my show on Saturday. I'm trying to come up with a good one for Recruiting too. (I'll happily take creative input.....)

Hope this is what you were looking for.

Linda

bumping this

Good idea. I referenced this thread yesterday in a different one and the topic came up at a cluster meeting the other night. My director and I were just talking about this subject this afternoon.

My commercial for the age old question "What do you do?" I'm a food paramedic! I rescue your dinners from the ordinary and make them EXTRAORDINARY!" I may just have to add the prescription part to my commercial!

Bumping this up.

1. What is "What's Your Commercial?"

"What's Your Commercial?" is a virtual party game created by Pampered Chef that challenges players to come up with a creative and entertaining commercial for a chosen product.

2. How do I play "What's Your Commercial?"

To play "What's Your Commercial?", the host will choose a Pampered Chef product and ask players to come up with a fun and unique commercial for it. Players can use props, costumes, and their own creativity to make their commercials stand out. The host can then judge the commercials and declare a winner.

3. Is "What's Your Commercial?" only for adults?

No, "What's Your Commercial?" is suitable for all ages and can be played with both kids and adults. It's a great way to get the whole family involved and have some fun together.

4. Can I play "What's Your Commercial?" with a large group?

Absolutely! "What's Your Commercial?" is a great game for large groups, whether it's for a party, team-building activity, or just a fun get-together. You can have multiple teams competing against each other or have everyone participate individually.

5. Are there any prizes for playing "What's Your Commercial?"

While there are no official prizes, the host can choose to award a prize to the winner of the best commercial or come up with other fun incentives for players. The main goal of the game is to have a good time and let your creativity shine!

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• JennyJennJen
  • Pampered Chef Bookings
Replies
Views
Jolie_Paradoxe
  • akaskydebil
  • Recruiting and Team Leaders
Replies
Views
Inomiamenda
Replies