• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Cooking in the Oven: Lid On or Off?

In summary, the conversation is about cooking with the Deep Covered Baker (DCB) in the oven or microwave. Some people recommend cooking with the lid on for about 45 minutes and then off for browning the last 15 minutes, while others suggest baking for 1 1/2 - 2 hours at 325 degrees. The conversation also includes a success story of using the DCB to cook a pork roast and chicken, and a new consultant asking for recipe ideas and help navigating the consultant website.
elizabethfox
Gold Member
Does anyone know how long to cook this in the oven instead of the microwave?? And would I cook it with the lid on or off if I chose to cook it in the oven??

I cooked it with the lid I don't remember how long but I went by the Use and care card recipe. You should beable to look the recipe up on CC

Lol....guess I should have looked at that before posting...

At least an hour - use & care has the lid on for about 45 minutes and then off for browning the last 15 min, I think.

I bake mine for 1 1/2 - 2 hours at @ 325

I finally got my DCB yesterday and made a pork roast in the microwave last night (it was close to 3 pounds and I did it for about 30 minutes) and made a 4 pound chicken in the microwave tonight. Both came out excellent and my DH was very impressed and couldn't get over how moist the pork was. He really thought I baked it in the oven! A friend/customer came over today to pick up her order from another show today and to have lunch with me and I showed her the DCB and told her what my DH said about the pork roast and that I was making the chicken tonight and she told me to put it on her wishlist and when she gets her tax return she will buy it using her phd. I sent her home with the recipe sheet from here so she can drool over the many great recipes you can do with this product to keep her wanting it! I let her browse the new catalog and she made up a wish list, I copied it for her so she could take her copy home and put it on her refrigerator. She told me that my phone number was going on the list so anyone wanting to know what she wants could call me to order it--how cool is that!

what are some other recipes for the dcb in the microwave, I have people asking me and am very new and need help. Also, how do you get all your info and pic etc on this site once you are registered?

merego said:
what are some other recipes for the dcb in the microwave, I have people asking me and am very new and need help. Also, how do you get all your info and pic etc on this site once you are registered?

First of all welcome. I have attached a flyer that someone posted here that I changed to show my personal info for my customers.

As far as your other questions are concerned. On the top of this page is "user cp". Look at the section in the left called control panel. click on what you need to fill in all of your info there and and also go to Consultants and then click on your state.

Hope this helps!

Attachments

• DeepCoveredBakerRecipes_1[1].doc
    39 KB · Views: 271

Related to Cooking in the Oven: Lid On or Off?

1. Should I cook with the lid on or off when using the oven?

The general rule for cooking in the oven is to cook with the lid off. This allows for proper air circulation and browning of the food. However, there are some exceptions to this rule.

2. When should I cook with the lid on in the oven?

You should cook with the lid on when you are baking foods that need to retain moisture, such as casseroles or roasts. The lid helps to trap in steam and prevent the food from drying out.

3. Can I use a glass lid in the oven?

Yes, you can use a glass lid in the oven as long as it is oven-safe. We recommend checking the manufacturer's instructions before using any glass lid in the oven.

4. Is it safe to use a metal lid in the oven?

Yes, it is safe to use a metal lid in the oven. However, make sure the lid is made of oven-safe materials and can withstand high temperatures. Always check the manufacturer's instructions before using any metal lid in the oven.

5. Can I reduce the cooking time by cooking with the lid off?

Yes, cooking with the lid off can reduce the cooking time as it allows the heat to penetrate the food more efficiently. Keep a close eye on the food and check for doneness earlier than the recommended cooking time.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Roadtripray
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
KindaichiShota
Replies
Views
Staci
  • KCPChef
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies