• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Cooking for Singles: Reinventing Leftovers & Hosting Shows

In summary, the show had more men than women, everyone was single, and the host gave out recipes to the attendees.
riggs62
Ok, I had a show last night with more men than women, everyone was single (doesn't cook big meals). I did a big presentation about the cookware (& ice cube demo). Tailored my presentation to them explaining how they can reinvent left overs and even though they don't have large families to cook for doesn't mean they should eat from a box. There was a bunch of oohs and ahhs. The men seemed more impressed than the women! But no one ordered!! They all wanted to go home and really look over the catalog and make their decisions. The host is optimistic that everyone will order and I've given her six days to close it out. I felt really good about my presentation, as everyone came up to me after saying they had such a good time and that it was a lot of fun. I want to call them tonight to thank them for coming etc. and explain that they can order under their host's name online. Any body ever run into this and how did it turn out? Any advice for my calls tonight? Oh and one of the men may want to host a show, but had to leave before I could talk to him about it. I left a host packet with the host for him and booked two other shows. And I may have recruited the host. Sorry this is long.

I think even if you don't get any orders from this show (which I bet you will) it was very successful. Just the bookings and the recruit alone was worth it. It sounds like it was a lot of fun. I would definately call each person tonight and see if they had a chance to go through the book. Make sure they know about the specials for the month and that you need to close out within six days. I would offer them each a recipe. I'm sure it's going to turn out great!!!!! Good luck.

I bet if you follow up soon (by tomorrow at the latest) you'll get some orders. Keep the faith and good luck:) Let us know what happens!!

I did have one show that everyone order online even though they were at the show - I was a very odd feeling but it happens.

I'll keep my fingers crossed for you to get those orders but it is unusual to have a full show, with guests present, where no one orders. And, my experience is that you will only get a few of those orders. Without sounding deperate, you will want to remind your host that "out of site, out of mind" might lead to fewer orders than she is expectng. Make sure she follows up on each and every one of them.

Not saying it won't work out, but it would make me nervous. I've had 2 shows like this. One was a group of young women who, when they learned I was closing the show in 4 days said "so we don't have to order tonight?" ...well, I said, no, it would be helpful of course but I need the orders by "such and such". When that day came and went there were no orders. None. That was my only show with zero orders. After that I made sure to say that orders taken and paid for tonight were requested....but later in the show I would discuss that we'd be formally closing on "such and such a date".

Another show, the gal billed as a ladies night out. She had a big crowd...20 women. WOW!!!! They were an enthusiastic and attentive crowd. When I was done with my demo, imagine my surprise when they all left the room and went to an area of the home where there was a kareoke machine. This really was a girls night out and I was a very small part of it. I did get orders from the show...but only from a few.

I always use these types of situtations as learning experiences.

Some consultnat indicate they are "closing that night" in order to avoid this type of delay. You can still meet with the host a day or so later...but it communicates to the guests that it is time to order and pay now.

Fortunately, this is not the norm so don't panic. I've done close to 400 shows now and only had these 2 where no orders happended at the show. Very much the exception.

Good luck!!!

Thanks everyone for your advice. I'd love to come back and post next week that it was a $1000 show. LOL but I'm not holding my breath. I'll keep you posted.

Make sure the hostess follows up too. You may come off as too "selling" but the hostess wants to have a good show and great her free products. People will understand her following up.

Related to Cooking for Singles: Reinventing Leftovers & Hosting Shows

What are some tips for reinventing leftovers for a single person?

1. Freeze leftovers in individual portions - This allows for easy reheating and prevents waste. 2. Get creative with recipe adaptations - Use leftover chicken to make a stir-fry, or turn leftover vegetables into a frittata. 3. Utilize condiments and seasonings - Adding different sauces, spices, or dressings can transform a leftover meal into something new and exciting. 4. Incorporate leftovers into new dishes - Turn leftover mashed potatoes into potato pancakes or use leftover pasta in a soup. 5. Don't be afraid to experiment - Leftovers are a great opportunity to try out new flavor combinations and get creative in the kitchen.

How can I save money when cooking for one person?

1. Buy in bulk and freeze - Purchase items like meat, grains, and frozen vegetables in bulk and freeze them in individual portions for later use. 2. Plan meals around sales and specials - Keep an eye out for deals and plan your meals accordingly to save money on ingredients. 3. Utilize pantry staples - Stock up on items like canned beans, pasta, and rice, which can be used in a variety of dishes and are generally inexpensive. 4. Shop at farmer's markets - Local produce is often fresher and cheaper at farmer's markets compared to grocery stores. 5. Cook in batches - Cooking larger portions and saving the leftovers for later meals can help save money and reduce food waste.

What are some ideas for hosting a Pampered Chef show for single individuals?

1. Demonstrate recipes that can be easily adapted for one person - Show how to make a single serving of a recipe or how to use leftovers in a new dish. 2. Focus on kitchen gadgets and tools that are perfect for singles - Showcase products like the Mini Deep Covered Baker or the Quick Cooker, which are great for cooking for one. 3. Offer tips for meal planning and prepping - Share strategies for saving time and money while cooking for one person. 4. Host a themed show - For example, a "meal prep for one" show or a "cooking for one on a budget" show. 5. Encourage guests to invite their single friends - Hosting a show with other single individuals can be a fun and social event.

How can I make cooking for one person more enjoyable?

1. Experiment with new recipes and cuisines - Cooking for one is the perfect opportunity to try out new dishes and expand your culinary skills. 2. Make it a social event - Invite a friend over to cook with you or host a potluck where everyone brings a dish for one person. 3. Listen to music or podcasts while cooking - This can make the cooking process more enjoyable and relaxing. 4. Set the table and use nice dinnerware - Making the meal feel special can enhance the dining experience, even when cooking for one. 5. Treat yourself to a nice dessert or drink - Indulge in a special treat to make the meal feel more special and enjoyable.

What are some quick and easy meal ideas for a single person?

1. Avocado toast with a fried egg - A simple and delicious breakfast or lunch option. 2. One-pan meals - Cook chicken, vegetables, and grains all in one pan for a quick and easy dinner. 3. Smoothie bowls - Blend together fruits and vegetables and top with toppings like granola and nuts. 4. Grilled cheese with tomato soup - A classic and comforting meal that can be made in minutes. 5. Pasta with garlic and olive oil - A quick and easy dinner option that can be easily adapted with different ingredients and toppings.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• mrslulu2012
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • Roadtripray
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
Replies