• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Cooking a Roast in the Microwave: Is it Possible?

In summary, cooking a roast in the microwave is possible with the right technique and equipment. A lean, boneless cut of beef such as a top round or eye of round works best. Cooking time can vary, but it typically takes 20-25 minutes per pound. You will need a microwave-safe roasting dish with a lid and a meat thermometer to check for doneness. The internal temperature should reach 145°F for medium-rare, 160°F for medium, and 170°F for well-done.
Jenni
Anyone ever try a roast in the microwave with the DCB? Am I silly for asking? I have never made a roast but heck if you can cook a pork why not a roast.I tried it update below~~~

Last edited:
I never did a roast in the microwave in the dcb, but I make roast all the time in it in the oven. And it is goood.

I have never done a roast in the microwave...I do make them in the DCB ( in the oven) all the time and they are super yummy! If you try one in the microwave let us know how it turns out!

I have done a smaller turkey but not a pot roast, I don't see why not. If you can do ribs, why not a pot roast????
Let us know if you try it.

Ok~ I got one that was a hair under 2 lbs...
placed it in baker with quartered red potatoes and onions
Two cloves of fresh pressed garlic
Can of French onion soup & one can off water
Covered and baked in microwave for 10 minutes
(flipped it so both sides cooked in juice)
cooked 10 more minutes bringing temp to 150
let it rest for 10 more minutes bringing temp to 160
placed roast on cutting board sliced and then put meat back in baker with juices

We ate ours on toasted rolls... I thought it was pretty good. Hubby is not home yet, he is the food snob I eat almost anything. I will let you all know what he thought of it. Oh we ate the potatoes as a side...

Related to Cooking a Roast in the Microwave: Is it Possible?

1. Can I really cook a roast in the microwave?

Yes, it is possible to cook a roast in the microwave with the right technique and equipment.

2. What type of roast is best for cooking in the microwave?

A lean, boneless cut of beef such as a top round or eye of round roast works best for cooking in the microwave.

3. How long does it take to cook a roast in the microwave?

Cooking time can vary depending on the size and type of roast, but typically it takes about 20-25 minutes per pound.

4. Do I need any special equipment to cook a roast in the microwave?

Yes, you will need a microwave-safe roasting dish or pan with a lid to trap in the steam and cook the roast evenly.

5. How do I know when the roast is done cooking in the microwave?

Use a meat thermometer to check the internal temperature of the roast. It should reach 145°F for medium-rare, 160°F for medium, and 170°F for well-done.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• minirottie
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
rlombas
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • Mariaandcassy
  • Products and Tips
Replies