• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Consultant Signing W/Other Ds Company

M
Mel5497
I've seen the great flyer about comparing DS companies, but does anyone know the specifics regarding Lia Sophia? (I'm not interested in bashing another company, but I would like to know how they compare.) I'll do some research on-line tomorrow, but I thought I'd see if anyone here was already familiar with what our differences are.

Unfortunately, I have some experience in this area. Ouch! you touched a nerve, as one of my consultants and MY SISTER both signed with Lia Sophia.

Overall, they seem to have a pretty generous host and consultant program, although to offer the host benefits, the consultant pays a $6 fee on the show. I'm still unclear as to whether or not consultants pay an additional fee for their software, since I have seen it online through an outside company. The kit is $149, which I think has 24 pieces of jewelry and some supplies. Catalogs, if I recall correctly, run $.65 each and come out 2X a year. There is a very high end line called the "Red Carpet Collection" that is being advertised to Hollywood types.

I'm not really crazy about the jewelry myself, so the opportunity never piqued my interest, despite the overwhelming desire on many of their consultants to want to tell me how much money they make. Before my sister told me about her interest, I had been thinking how glad I was that I wasn't selling jewelry in this economy!

OK, I've finally vented to my peers about this! If there is anything specific, ask me and I'll tell you what I know!

Mary

I have a friend that sells ls and her monthly minimum is $1500 in sales and she can NEVER meet it without purchasing a ton for her own "personal" use. She ends up putting all of her $$$ back into her biz. She expecting her 3rd soon so I suspect she won't be with them much longer...

Wow! I didn't know that the minimum was so high. Another thing I just remembered is that some of the team requirements differ from the corporate requirements, so I would suspect that knowing your upline and their requirements is very important!!

Again, without bashing...our products are so much more practical considering our economy. People are going to eat...period. The June CN as well as CC has so many ways of making our product more appealing as they offer ways for consumers to keep food costs in check.

I have seen other DS jewelry that IMO is higher quality and I honestly wonder that unless it is holiday season, how can anyone justify buying this over our unique and practical products.

My true feeling is that if someone wants to sign with another DS program that sells products that they can relate to or have a passion for, they are going to do so.

Look at the training and information we have too! My thoughts are not giving you the specific information you may desire, but I think we have much bigger selling points!

I had a team member who just signed with another DS company! :yuck: OUCH! However she is doing quite well with it so I'm happy for her. But I look for the novelty to wear off soon, and she'll be back to PC.

Plus I get the feeling that she is doing the same as mentioned above, as in putting quite a bit back into the biz!

chefmary said:
Wow! I didn't know that the minimum was so high. Another thing I just remembered is that some of the team requirements differ from the corporate requirements, so I would suspect that knowing your upline and their requirements is very important!!

Yes... it's very weird... they can make up their own rules and I was really uncomfortable with that.

Also, no leave of absence and no grace period if you don't meet the requirements. My friend didn't meet her "manager" requirements ONE month and she was demoted.

Thanks gals. I'm really surprised by both the high minimum and the ability of managers to set their own requirements.

I'll post more details later (have to leave for a HC in a few minutes)...

Perhaps the $1500 amount is to receive overrides (like our $4000), or like our $750 for minimum director sales. Just a thought. I can't imagine that the amount a regular consultant is required to sell each month could ever be that high!

Someone can surely set the record straight!!??

jwpamp said:
Perhaps the $1500 amount is to receive overrides (like our $4000), or like our $750 for minimum director sales. Just a thought. I can't imagine that the amount a regular consultant is required to sell each month could ever be that high!

Someone can surely set the record straight!!??

From what I understood from her, the $1500 was personal sales. Her team had to do $4k, but they only need 2 signed to be a "manager".

That's why she's struggling so bad...

From what I understand from a somewhat newer consultant of mine who recently quit LS, their training must be pretty poor. She said the training she received from PC in the first week was way more than she ever got from LS in 3 years. Our online training center, teleclasses, recorded teleclasses, etc seems to go WAY beyond what she got from them. She found it very hard to get bookings, but her original plan was to start PC and continue to do LS on the side. Well, within a week of booking shows with PC, she decided to quit LS all together. Plus the attitude of her director there helped her make that decision. She seems to be enjoying PC very much, although part of me saw little glimpses of her in the other post about her shows being great, but getting no bookings. She's had trouble getting solid bookings at shows and I'm wondering if she's not making connections with people first, then offering the oppty to book shows.

Attached is a LS recruiting flyer I found that someone posted. I also found simlar info posted in chat forums. Both talk about not having minimums, etc...so I'm not sure how all that works. The starting commission is high and I assume the director's override is too...so I find it hard to believe the product is a good value for the customer. (Editorial comment)

My gal (also a friend) has a genuine passion for jewelry and for styling others (and has a talent for it). She is currently planning to do both businesses (still love PC products). She has to do what she feels is right for her. As others have posted, maybe the novelty will wear off.

One last comment. I had an experience where an LS director talked a host into giving permission for her to show her jewelry after my cooking demo. The gal made a point of sharing with me how much she liked just bringing her little box and sitting around chatting with customers. I didn't think anything of it at the time, but I now wonder if it is an intentional recruiting method. My gal was repeatedly invited to participate in mega shows by her soon-to-be LS director. I didn't hear the warning signs when she later talked about how she was packing up dirty dishes while everyone else was socializing over little boxes of jewelry.

Attachments

• Lia_Sophia_Opportunity.pdf
    62.4 KB · Views: 259
    62.4 KB · Views: 249
    62.4 KB · Views: 273
Impressive flyer.

However, it says nothing about them having to buy their own samples and correct me if I'm wrong - but I thought they also had to pay for the host benefits from their commission.

How much is their starter kit?

legacypc46 said:
Attached is a LS recruiting flyer I found that someone posted. I also found simlar info posted in chat forums. Both talk about not having minimums, etc...so I'm not sure how all that works. The starting commission is high and I assume the director's override is too...so I find it hard to believe the product is a good value for the customer. (Editorial comment)

My gal (also a friend) has a genuine passion for jewelry and for styling others (and has a talent for it). She is currently planning to do both businesses (still love PC products). She has to do what she feels is right for her. As others have posted, maybe the novelty will wear off.

One last comment. I had an experience where an LS director talked a host into giving permission for her to show her jewelry after my cooking demo. The gal made a point of sharing with me how much she liked just bringing her little box and sitting around chatting with customers. I didn't think anything of it at the time, but I now wonder if it is an intentional recruiting method. My gal was repeatedly invited to participate in mega shows by her soon-to-be LS director. I didn't hear the warning signs when she later talked about how she was packing up dirty dishes while everyone else was socializing over little boxes of jewelry.

****Lightbulb moment!!!***
That is EXACTLY what the Consultant for the other company said when she recruited my Team member!
However, what my team member didn't hear (or chose not to hear) was that the Consultant with this other company admitted that she had purchase quite a bit in order to build her "display".

Disclaimer: My gal is not selling LS - it's one of those pearl party plans. They ARE great fun and I had a blast when I attended one. However, pearls are not my personal jewelry of choice (diamonds & emeralds for me :D). But this is the kicker: CUSTOMERS ONLY NEED TO PAY 1/2 DOWN ON THEIR PURCHASE!!:bugeye::bugeye:The show is shipped to the host COD - if she doesn't pay the amount the WHOLE SHOW is sent back!! I asked my gal what happens then, is the balance deducted from her commission? She had no answer, said it has never happened.....yet? Things that make you go hmmmm.

She averages about $800 - $1000 per show right now which is great. But another thing the recruiter mentioned (and again my gal missed) was that repeat hosts are not that common. Of course she said it was because their host program was soooo good that they get EVERYTHING they want. Yeah, right!
sorry for the hijack. Just wanted to let you know about some other "tactics"

Love the flyer...is someone already working on changing the pertinent info to reflect the PC benefits???:D

I was thinking along exactly the same lines, Janice!

Mary

Thump on the head from the big guy! (A little long)I belong to a Professional Referral Program that includes a rep from another DS company. She genuinely loves PC and is hosting a party later this month. When scheduling the date last week, she commented that she'd already been circling everything she wanted in the catalog...and it was just about everything.

Well, when someone tells me they want everything in the catalog, I tell them that honestly, they should consider being a consultant. In her case, I stated up front I realize her other business comes first, but to take a look in case she wanted to be a PC hobbyist to simply support her own habit. Absolutely no expectation on my part she take away her focus from her other DS business.

Well, today was her Host Coaching and she is seriously considering using the host kit credit. She also shared that her director had some concerns. I swear I heard the thunder roll as I realized the irony of the situation.:eek: My guess is the Big Guy has a sense of humor and has been setting this joke up for awhile. The moral here is that it isn't necessarily the end of the world if a consultant wants to represent additional companies. :angel:

Just a quick update. The gal on my team is excited about the jewelry, but in her heart prefers PC. Whether she will successfully manage to do both, I don't know. I had a great talk with my former HD (who is now her HD) about it. I've never had a consultant do more than one business, so this has been new to me.

As for the other DS consultant, if she signs, the intent is to qualify and then maintain active just enough for her discounts. I respect that...she really is good at her other business.

legacypc46 said:
I belong to a Professional Referral Program that includes a rep from another DS company. She genuinely loves PC and is hosting a party later this month. When scheduling the date last week, she commented that she'd already been circling everything she wanted in the catalog...and it was just about everything.

Well, when someone tells me they want everything in the catalog, I tell them that honestly, they should consider being a consultant. In her case, I stated up front I realize her other business comes first, but to take a look in case she wanted to be a PC hobbyist to simply support her own habit. Absolutely no expectation on my part she take away her focus from her other DS business.

Well, today was her Host Coaching and she is seriously considering using the host kit credit. She also shared that her director had some concerns. I swear I heard the thunder roll as I realized the irony of the situation.:eek: My guess is the Big Guy has a sense of humor and has been setting this joke up for awhile. The moral here is that it isn't necessarily the end of the world if a consultant wants to represent additional companies. :angel:

isn't this just like Him???:rolleyes:

I know of a LS rep who lives in one state. Has a relative that lives a few states away that signed up for LS. "Rumor has it" that the relative did not sign up under the other rep because it is against LS policy to sign up someone in a different area because no hospitality is offered. Because I hate rumors, can someone see if they can clarify this?

Hmmm... interesting. Not sure about that but it wouldn't surprise me. They are NOT into sharing ideas and such with each other. At least that's what I've seen with my friend. She's gotten more ideas from me than she has her director. And she's so surprised when I tell her how freely and openly we all share with each other. EVERYONE on her director's team in local. So no official confirmation but it sounds like it could be true in some cases.On a side note, I had a friend that did SLAH and she was surprised as well at how sharing we are with each other.

finley1991 said:
Hmmm... interesting. Not sure about that but it wouldn't surprise me. They are NOT into sharing ideas and such with each other. At least that's what I've seen with my friend. She's gotten more ideas from me than she has her director. And she's so surprised when I tell her how freely and openly we all share with each other. EVERYONE on her director's team in local. So no official confirmation but it sounds like it could be true in some cases.

On a side note, I had a friend that did SLAH and she was surprised as well at how sharing we are with each other.

I think a lot of consultants in those companies consider their fellow consultants as competition which we have pretty much proven to be wrong. We have Doris to thank for that. It is her generosity and willingness to grow together and her business model that has made this company what it is and that has made us realize that we can learn from each other and grow our own businesses that way. I like that we have no territories but that we don't step on each others customers. My sister can buy from another consultant and I can have a show with someone who's sister is a consultant and we're all happy. What goes around comes around.

bethcooks4u said:
What goes around comes around.

Amen sister! :angel:

I have a friend that does LS...she lives in Michigan and is here in VA for a yer to grow her business....sounds like recruiting someone in another state is fine!

chefmeg said:
I have a friend that does LS...she lives in Michigan and is here in VA for a yer to grow her business....sounds like recruiting someone in another state is fine!

Ok, I will dish the trash...the first LS person is my recruiter for PC. She signed under her aunt who lives in another state. My recruiter had an issue with me...why? See Beth's post because they did not have the same philosphy...I had a $100 fundraiser with her cousin (I made $17) and she got mad, stopped doing meetings, would come to mine and would just be rude. She told her aunt to tell me that her niece would be attending hospitality meetings...but not mine. (My OWN RECRUITER!!)

Hard to talk to your director when it concerns her niece. I did because I was in tears and so upset but was very considerate. I considered my recruiter my friend too and she was cold as ice. I was told by my director that I was acting as if I were being competative with my recruiter. Tried to talk to my recruiter face to face...she was ok to my face but acted differently.

ANYWAY....The recruiter left PC and soon signed with LS. Then her aunt left PC and at a later time signed up with LS. Rumor has it that my recruiter now doesn't speak with her aunt because her aunt didn't return the favor. The aunt signed up with someone from her own state. Niece did not like this. The aunt still sees my ED and eventually signed back up with PC, but told my ED that LS consultants were not allowed to sign up with someone that was not local.

I can not tell you how glad I am to not be dealing with that drama any more!! I have a happy productive and growing team with an awesome ED as my director.:party: On the positive side...they taught me how NOT to treat team members!!!

Sorry you had to experience that Ann. I have to admit, I don't understand some of the drama in this business. Makes absolutely no sense to be competitive with each other...or blame another consultant for a customer's choice.

Goodness! People can make things so complicated sometimes!!!! Why bother?

Other than the loss of friendships and trust, what most upset me was being somewhat outcast by the two of them for doing what we are trained to do.

I cannot not say that I haven't had some of the same feelings at times as an initial reaction, but I soon snap myself around and remind myself that this is a GOOD thing not a bad thing.

I know we've had lia sophia discussions on here before, so I was looking at these old threads. I have a neighbor wanting to possibly sign with lia sophia. I'm not trying to talk her out of it or anything, but I'm helping her figure out the right questions to ask her consultant so nothing is a surprise. I gave her that direct sales research worksheet that I once posted on here.

But, about lia sophia specifically..... does anyone know if their company pays for ALL host benefits? I couldn't find that specifically mentioned here. They seem to have some good host benefits and I'm just hoping the consultant isn't responsible for covering those. For example, at my neighbor's lia sophia party I was at, the host presented her with 3 jewelry pieces that she picked at the show she booked from. So, my neighbor booked off of "Suzy's" show and as a bonus, she got to pick 3 items from the catalog (I can't remember if she got them for free or for $15 each or something). that seemed like a pretty generous booking "present" so I was curious.

Their host benefits seem to be that the host gets: 20% of total sales in "jewelry credit", 2 half-price items, 4 items at a special host bonus price ($15-maybe that's where her "bonus" came in) and 40% of hostess credit with 10 orders and 2 bookings.

It's kind of funny because during the consultant's ticket game, she wanted people to ask questions about her business. My question was who pays for the host benefits? She said "that's a good question, I'll get back to that" and she never fully answered my question. I wasn't snotty or anything, I was truly curious but my good friend who came with me even noticed she didn't answer my question.

Anyway, I just wondered if anyone knew the answer to the host benefit question and who pays for them. Thanks!

I like to host shows with other direct sales companies to learn more about what i love about PC. I have hosted a LS party and I enjoy the jewelry. What I don't like is the huge tax bill at the closing. I can't stand paying tax on my "free" and discount items and I LOVE that we don't have to do that to our hosts!

A fellow consultant had her tax rep tell her that the cost incurred with hosting with another company can be deducted as long as we take notes and use it as a training for our own businesses. Have any of you heard that?

quiverfull7 said:
I like to host shows with other direct sales companies to learn more about what i love about PC. I have hosted a LS party and I enjoy the jewelry. What I don't like is the huge tax bill at the closing. I can't stand paying tax on my "free" and discount items and I LOVE that we don't have to do that to our hosts!

That's one of the things I suggested she look into and be aware of. I think she just closed her own LS show, so she probably experienced that first-hand too. She probably doesn't realize that not all companies are like that. I know, I just don't get how they can charge tax on that! I'm so glad we don't.

quiverfull7 said:
A fellow consultant had her tax rep tell her that the cost incurred with hosting with another company can be deducted as long as we take notes and use it as a training for our own businesses. Have any of you heard that?
I've never heard of that! I guess that seems a little fuzzy.

I have not done it myself but "she said" "he said" :) that it was fine. I'm going to ask around.

With my friend that does LS, she says a lot of things when talking about your host program like, "You get xxx and xxx and I'll buy you xxx." I've tried to ask her to be more specific but she usually says, "Don't worry about it." Because she knows I don't want her spending her money on gifts for me. When I've compared what I've gotten against the host program, I've always made out better so I'm not sure. I know her biz is not a money maker for her though... she doesn't do enough shows (can't really get them) and she buys a ton of product for herself.

I just found out that a downline consultant is selling Melecula (sp?). I think that's what it is... isn't that the 'drink' one? The *the product sells itself! I don't have to do anything but collect a check and I feel FABULOUS all the time!!!!* Whatever!!!!! :eek:

finley1991 said:
I just found out that a downline consultant is selling Melecula (sp?). I think that's what it is... isn't that the 'drink' one? The *the product sells itself! I don't have to do anything but collect a check and I feel FABULOUS all the time!!!!* Whatever!!!!! :eek:

Melaluca is "green" cleaning products and personal care products. A lot of people join just to buy for themselves, not necessarily to sell. I have a friend who is a "member." They have to submit a minimum order each month.

Monovie is the 'drink' one. Meleluca is personal and household health related items.

My downline who sells LS is honestly doing pretty amazing with it...but it is absolutely the right fit for her personality and talents (as much as I wish I could say PC was her perfect fit...she still sells $1K+ a month in PC thru her customer clubs)

I'll shoot her an email and ask the 'who pays the host benefits' question. She's 6 hours ahead of me so I may not get an answer today.

legacypc46 said:
Monovie is the 'drink' one.

That's the one! I knew it began with an 'm'. Glad she's not drinking the cleaning products! :D

finley1991 said:
With my friend that does LS, she says a lot of things when talking about your host program like, "You get xxx and xxx and I'll buy you xxx." I've tried to ask her to be more specific but she usually says, "Don't worry about it." Because she knows I don't want her spending her money on gifts for me. When I've compared what I've gotten against the host program, I've always made out better so I'm not sure. I know her biz is not a money maker for her though... she doesn't do enough shows (can't really get them) and she buys a ton of product for herself.

All those "extras" they seem to give hosts do sure sound nice! I do like their jewelry and bought a $70 necklace that I'd better wear! When they're able to do all those specials like any item for the host for $15 or when they do that thing where if a guest buys two pieces at full price, they get two at half price or whatever it is, it makes you think that their jewelry is REALLY marked up to be able to offer all those "deals."

My friend/neighbor who is considering this does LOVE jewelry and said she'll get 75%-85% off of anything at anytime is feeling that'll be a great perk, but I can see how it would be hard to make much money if that's what you do with it!

1. What are the differences between Pampered Chef and Lia Sophia?

Pampered Chef and Lia Sophia are two very different direct sales companies. While Pampered Chef focuses on kitchen tools and cooking demonstrations, Lia Sophia primarily sells jewelry through home parties.

2. How do the compensation plans of Pampered Chef and Lia Sophia compare?

The compensation plans for Pampered Chef and Lia Sophia are also quite different. Pampered Chef consultants earn a percentage of their sales and can also earn bonuses for meeting certain sales goals. Lia Sophia consultants earn a commission based on their personal sales and can also earn bonuses for building a team of consultants.

3. Can I be a consultant for both Pampered Chef and Lia Sophia at the same time?

It is possible to be a consultant for both companies, but it is important to be aware of any non-compete clauses in the consultant agreements. Additionally, it may be difficult to give equal attention to both businesses and maintain a successful sales and recruitment strategy for both companies.

4. How do the products of Pampered Chef and Lia Sophia compare in terms of quality?

Both Pampered Chef and Lia Sophia offer high-quality products that are well-regarded by their customers. However, the products themselves are very different, with Pampered Chef focusing on kitchen tools and Lia Sophia offering a variety of jewelry styles.

5. Are there any specific differences in the training and support provided by Pampered Chef and Lia Sophia?

Pampered Chef and Lia Sophia both offer training and support to their consultants, but the methods and resources may differ. Pampered Chef has a comprehensive training program and provides support materials for consultants, while Lia Sophia emphasizes mentorship and one-on-one coaching for their consultants.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
Intrepid_Chef
  • cewcooks
  • Pampered Chef Bookings
Replies
Views
baychef
  • Kelly8
  • General Chat
Replies