• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Director Conquering My First Team Newsletter: A Director's Journey

In summary, Sue started and finished her first team newsletter since becoming a Director. She was so intimidated about putting one together, but decided to do it and it wasn't as bad as she thought it would be. She also joined with Chef Ruthie for cluster meetings.
mrssyvo
Yesterday, I started (and finished) my first team newsletter since becoming a Director. I was so intimidated about putting one together, and I was letting the guilt about not doing one hang over my head. I decided to bite the bullet, and do my first once the January stats came out. I got it all done yesterday, and DH is printing it for me today to mail out. It really was not as bad as I thought it would be. I also joined with Chef Ruthie for cluster meetings, well actually, we barged into hers, with her permission (LOL) I was very nervous about going out on my own, and she was already doing hers, and my team is actually closer to her, so it works. I am deciding that if I would just not let this director thing frustrate me, and become paralyzed by fear, I will be much more successful!!!! I am attending NDA in March, and I know that will help so much also.

Great job Sue! I'd love to see your newsletter if you are willing to share. :)

Good for you Sue! I too would love to see it. Can you post it or would you rather email it ( [email protected] )

I feel badly about not doing one either. I started several times and succedded twice. Currently I only have one consultant who is consistant and the newsletter seemed to be "Hooray for Amanda" letter with some tidbits thrown in. I need to get back on it.

pamperedlinda said:
Good for you Sue! I too would love to see it. Can you post it or would you rather email it ( [email protected] )

I feel badly about not doing one either. I started several times and succedded twice. Currently I only have one consultant who is consistant and the newsletter seemed to be "Hooray for Amanda" letter with some tidbits thrown in. I need to get back on it.

that gave me a good chuckle.....I often feel the same way with mine!

Yay yay yay!!! Good for you!

I am NOT good about doing a consistent team newsletter and I feel terrible. I'm very sporadic and have yet to do one this year. I've been really meaning to do it this week. My problem is I wanted itt to be perfect with lots of insightful stuff and educational tips, etc but i'm trying to convince myself that really the most important part is the recognition. THat's what everyone loves to see so I need to GET ON IT!! You;re not alone, Sue!:blushing:

Good for you for doing it!

amy07 said:
that gave me a good chuckle.....I often feel the same way with mine!

Glad I'm not alone with this. Do you do a newsletter or just give-up and do like me - call her and tell her how wonderful she is :) I send her notes and presents too.

i do one every month - basically recognition and brief snippets about promotions and where to find the details (CC). Sometimes I'll include a recipe for a product that comes in the kit. It's very basic. I used to mail it to those who didn't come to the meeting, now I email it.
But I do send the postcards too. I tend to do what I wish I had or what would encourage me

I would love to see newsletter samples from anyone that does them. [email protected]Thanks!

My newsletter is attachedMy newsletter is attached. When I promoted to director, I sent out an e-mail for my team, saying I wanted ideas for a team mascot, and my precious daughter, who is a consultant, (and also a former Highschool cheerleader) called me and said, "Mom,. we should be the Syverson Sharks, becasuse we want to EAT UP the competition !!!" I said, honey, we are not in a competition, we all work together, and achieve together, and she goes "oh, well, I guess I need to get back with you then. LOL. Then my step-daughter, Becca, also on my team, researched about sharks, and came up with some interesting facts about sharks, and it fit our cluster perfectly, and so we became the Syverson Sharks. It has been a lot of fun, and so that is why the newsletter is "Shark tales" If you have any ideas, please let me know

Attachments

• Shark tales Feb 09.doc
    334 KB · Views: 216
  • Shark tales Feb 09.doc
    334 KB · Views: 220
DebbieJ said:
I would love to see newsletter samples from anyone that does them.

[email protected]

Thanks!

I'll see if I can dig up one I did back when I did 123 by request. I used to subscribe to the director newsletter. It really wasn't that great but it at least made it easier to do. That's the only time i was consistent with a team newsletter. My plan was just to take an old one and update it and put new tidbits in it.

Looks great Sue! Thanks so much for sharing it.

Great job, Sue!! I like it! I love how you put your income as a consultant and as a director. Great idea!! I think that will really make consultants sit up and take notice and I plan to put that in my next newsletter. Mind if I borrow pieces of it??

Take what ever you want from it. Last month was not a good month for me- sales wise, and I think that might be good as well to show my team that not every month I have a great month, and that it will happen.Also, my team loves it when they beat my total, because I buy a meal for the one who beats my total by the most amount. It does not happen very often, but it something they work towards !!!

pamperedlinda said:

Mine is usually Hooray for Lisa!!! Sometimes I think people get discouraged because they never can make #1 but as Lisa inches towards Directorship, she and I make a big fuss when someone else occassionally slips up and earns #1 in something!!!

I have gotten out of the habit of doing one, however, I need to find a way to send a letter other than snail mail. Between the paper, the ink and the postage, I was going to the poor house. I paid someone to do it once and I did not like the results and the price kept going sky high just within the first few months.

I am blessed that my DH is able to print copies for me, for now- When my team explodes in #, I will have to change that though.

Very good job Sue! I need to get back to doing it. I have such a new and struggling team that most months I don't have anything to recognize. I hope that will change soon. I have some people now who seem to really want to do something. Which is very nice!

What does "I Am Very Proud of Myself" mean?

"I Am Very Proud of Myself" is a phrase that signifies a sense of accomplishment and self-confidence. It is a way of acknowledging and celebrating one's own achievements and personal growth.

How can I show that I am proud of myself?

There are many ways to express pride in oneself, such as setting and achieving personal goals, taking care of one's physical and mental health, and being confident in one's abilities and choices. You can also use affirmations, positive self-talk, and celebrating your successes to show that you are proud of yourself.

Is it okay to be proud of myself?

Absolutely! It is important to acknowledge and celebrate your accomplishments and personal growth. Being proud of yourself can boost your self-esteem and motivation, and it can also inspire others to do the same.

Can being proud of myself be beneficial?

Yes, being proud of yourself can have many benefits. It can improve your self-confidence and self-worth, increase your motivation and drive, and help you maintain a positive outlook on life. It can also have a positive impact on your relationships with others.

How can I continue to feel proud of myself?

To continue feeling proud of yourself, it is important to set achievable goals, regularly acknowledge and celebrate your successes, and practice self-care and self-compassion. It can also be helpful to surround yourself with supportive and encouraging people who celebrate your achievements with you.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• PC Mom 55
  • Recruiting and Team Leaders
Replies
Views
chefashleigh
  • otisbg
  • Recruiting and Team Leaders
Replies
Views
otisbg
  • almondfarm