• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

College Student Cooking Competition: Boys vs. Girls Amazing Race

In summary, the college student booked a show with me for the first week in December. She is turning it into a non-mandatory residence life "program" for 2 of the residences on campus. It will be the boys-against-the-girls amazing race-type of show where they split into 2 teams and each work on a different recipe and compete to finish first. There will probably be 12-15 students in attendance.
bridgetbakes
I am in need of serious help and knew you Cheffers would be the perfect folks to ask! :D

A college student booked a show with me for the 1st week in December. She is turning it into a non-mandatory residence life "program" for 2 of the residences on campus. It will be the boys-against-the-girls amazing race-type of show where they split into 2 teams and each work on a different recipe and compete to finish first. There will probably be 12-15 students in attendance.

Sounds like fun, right? My only concern is, how do I "sell" to college students. Most of them are on VERY tight budgets and I doubt many will be able to afford over $10-$15 dollars. The only things I thought of were maybe inviting the students to do some Christmas shopping for their parents. The bad thing about that is they will all have to pay direct shipping prices for the stuff to go home in time for Christmas. Other than that, I thought I might ask them all to make wishlists of the things they would like but can't afford AND provide the name of phone # of folks who are buying them presents.

Anyone have any other ideas on how I can make this a successful show? :confused:

THANKS!
Bridget

Bumping up. :blushing:

The wish list is a good idea and make sure to have some copies of the "don't like to cook" flier. Most of the stuff would be great for dorm rooms.

Push for January bookings for the extra free product. When they host, make sure they are inviting their aunts, uncles, parents friends, etc.

Use the web-ste to e-vite all the parents ETC....
have a blast ----

i did a college dorm room show using the 2 team "recipe race". we did cool lime napoleons. they got really into it, the hands-on aspect gets them excited! of course you will sell the microcookers, batter bowls, quick stirs, perhaps even some stoneware. i did have quite a few that bought for their families "back home" as well. MAKE SURE TO HOST COACH FOR OUTSIDE ORDERS FROM BACK HOME, PARENTS OF OTHER STUDENTS, EVEN FACULTY!! have fun, our shows are not all about the sales, it's about the relationships you build for future business & just think...you might be touching someone's life with the pampered chef for the first time! keep your ears open for recruiting red flags - they can pay their college debt, make car/insurance payments or find a whole new career!!

Oh definitely Recruit!! What a great opportunity for that!!!!

1. What is the College Student Cooking Competition: Boys vs. Girls Amazing Race?

The College Student Cooking Competition: Boys vs. Girls Amazing Race is an event organized by Pampered Chef where college students compete against each other in a cooking challenge. It is a fun and exciting way for students to showcase their cooking skills and creativity.

2. How do I participate in the competition?

To participate in the competition, you can either sign up individually or as a team of 2 (one boy and one girl). You can sign up online or at any of our Pampered Chef stores. Make sure to read the rules and guidelines carefully before signing up.

3. Do I need to have any cooking experience to participate?

No, you do not need to have any prior cooking experience to participate in the competition. It is open to all college students who have a passion for cooking and are willing to learn and have fun.

4. What kind of dishes will be judged in the competition?

The competition will have a theme or specific ingredients that the participants will have to use in their dishes. It could be anything from appetizers to main courses or desserts. The judges will also be looking for creativity, presentation, and taste in the dishes.

5. What are the prizes for the winners?

The prizes for the winners of the College Student Cooking Competition: Boys vs. Girls Amazing Race may vary, but they could include cash prizes, gift cards, cooking equipment, or even a trip to a cooking school. All participants will receive a certificate of participation and a special gift from Pampered Chef.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• camiesu
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • 1PamperedMommy
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
1PamperedMommy
  • Lisa/ChefBear