• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Coconut Lime Tart: Struggling with the Crust & Sauce Flavor?

In summary, the recipe was easy to follow, but the coconut crust broke when it was lifted out of the pan, and the edges were only slightly crispy. The coconut lime sauce was a strange flavor combination, but the family liked it.
chef2you
Gold Member
Has anyone made the Coconut Lime Tart? I did everything the recipe said to do, but part of the coconut crust still stuck in my pan and the crust broke. Any tips? Also, I think the coconut lime sauce is a strange flavor combination. Is that just me? What do you think?

I made it on Monday and we loved it. Make certain to spray the indentation of the pan well with Baker's Joy. Did the crust break when you lifted the parchment paper? How crispy were the edges? I was doing a Jewelry Party and made new PC recipes for our food and this was a HUGE hit. It's also gluten free ... I THINK... I didn't check the sauce ... My daughter ate the last piece for breakfast this AM. :)

The crust broke on the edge. I repaired it as best I could and finished making the tart for my family. I thought I sprayed it well, maybe I need to check better next time. The edges were only slightly crispy. Should they be more crispy? I baked it for 12 minutes. Will see what the family thinks after lunch today.

It sounds perfectly baked! I have found in the past with that pan that I have to overspray ... use more than I think it will take. that's a small, narrow edge and it's important so I just spray and then hit it again to make sure all the nooks and crannies are covered. i would also make sure to press that coconut down in fairly well so "pack it" a bit. Enjoy!

Haven't made this yet, but I have found when I use parchment paper with the pan to be sure the paper isn't larger than the inner circle. If the paper goes into the wells it will tear the "cake" when you remove the paper.

quiverfull7 said:
I made it on Monday and we loved it. Make certain to spray the indentation of the pan well with Baker's Joy. Did the crust break when you lifted the parchment paper? How crispy were the edges? I was doing a Jewelry Party and made new PC recipes for our food and this was a HUGE hit. It's also gluten free ... I THINK... I didn't check the sauce ... My daughter ate the last piece for breakfast this AM. :)

What other PC recipes did you do? I am having a Norwex, cleaning products party and want to do the same.

chef2you said:
Has anyone made the Coconut Lime Tart? I did everything the recipe said to do, but part of the coconut crust still stuck in my pan and the crust broke. Any tips? Also, I think the coconut lime sauce is a strange flavor combination. Is that just me? What do you think?

I thought it has a "Lemon Meringue" kind of taste to it but the lime taste bitter.

Has anyone found a way to do this other than in the torte pan? I don't have one, but wanted to make this recipe for St Patty's day. Ideas?

I have been wondering if it would work as mini muffins - just bake the coconut mixture in the MMP and fill with the lime mixture.

Finally got to try this new dessert sauce & was shocked at the sweetness; think it would be great mixed with cream cheese to make a filling for mini tarts with the crust made from crushed coconut cookies & a little melted butter

My director made this the other day. It was really, really good. We ate it in the morning, too. I thought it was sweet, but it was morning after all. ;) I want to make it now. I usually stick to chocolate recipes at home, but I think I like this one enough to make for us. :D

1. How do I get a perfect crust for my coconut lime tart?

For a perfect crust, make sure to use chilled butter and cold water when making the dough. This will help prevent the crust from becoming too soft and will result in a flaky texture. Also, make sure to properly press the dough into the tart pan, making sure there are no gaps or air bubbles. Finally, pre-bake the crust before adding the filling to ensure it is fully cooked and crisp.

2. My crust keeps crumbling when I try to remove it from the pan. What should I do?

If your crust is crumbling, it may be too dry. Try adding a small amount of water or melted butter to the dough to help bind it together. You can also try pressing the dough more firmly into the pan before baking. If all else fails, you can always crumble the crust and use it as a topping for the tart instead.

3. The lime flavor in my sauce is overpowering. How can I balance it with the coconut?

To balance the lime flavor, you can add more coconut to the sauce or use a combination of lime and coconut extracts. You can also try adding a bit of sugar or honey to offset the tartness of the lime. It may also help to let the sauce sit for a bit before using it, as the flavors may mellow out over time.

4. Can I use sweetened shredded coconut instead of unsweetened for the filling?

Yes, you can use sweetened shredded coconut, but keep in mind that it will add more sweetness to the tart. You may want to adjust the amount of sugar in the filling or reduce the amount of sweetened coconut used. Alternatively, you can use unsweetened coconut and add a bit of sugar to the filling for a touch of sweetness.

5. Do I have to use a tart pan for this recipe?

While a tart pan is recommended, you can also use a regular pie dish or even a springform pan. Just make sure to adjust the baking time accordingly, as a larger or deeper pan may require more time in the oven. You can also make individual tartlets using a muffin tin or mini tart pans.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• kam
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
Ginger428
  • Jennie50
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
Jennie50
  • leftymac