• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Coaching Catalog Hosts - What Do You Do?

In summary, it appears that everyone has their own way of coaching their catalog shows. Some people coach through e-mails, others through phone calls, and still others through in-person meetings. Some keep their shows open for a set amount of time, while others keep them open indefinitely. Some incent their hosts for a certain number of sales, while others give them rewards for completing their show. Regardless of the method used, it is important to set a specific deadline and to make sure that the show is kept open for a limited amount of time in order to generate sales.
chefheather
I remember hearing on a training CD, Don Fount talk about "if you aren't doing lots of catalog shows, you are missing the boat". Well, when I first started with PC, I thought having catalog hosts would be great...not a lot of work on my end and more sales. However, after 2 years in the business I have to admit, I HATE catalog shows! Okay, not really...but how in the heck do I get my catalog hosts to close their shows or to even have a show all together. I have 3 catalog shows going on right now and all should be ready to close; however, I think only one of them will actually turn in anything.

I realize that part of the "blame" lies with me becuase I've taken a hands off approach to coaching my catalog hosts. So, I'm curious what everyone else does. How do you coach your catalog shows? How long do you keep your catalog shows open? I need to get better at this part of my business

From what I've seen from others and a few of my own...:

1. Set a specific deadline AHEAD of time.
2. Encourage them to get show bookings!!! That I think is the hardest with catalog shows. Give them a decent incentive if they get 3 bookings (they get the reward when the shows are held).
3. Remind them that the customers who order first want their product so keeping the show open long is not nice for them.
4. Encourage them to REALLY pass the catalogs around. They have to do a little more work to get the sales.
5. Give them an incentive for $X in sales or Y # of orders.

chefheather said:
I remember hearing on a training CD, Don Fount talk about "if you aren't doing lots of catalog shows, you are missing the boat". Well, when I first started with PC, I thought having catalog hosts would be great...not a lot of work on my end and more sales. However, after 2 years in the business I have to admit, I HATE catalog shows! Okay, not really...but how in the heck do I get my catalog hosts to close their shows or to even have a show all together. I have 3 catalog shows going on right now and all should be ready to close; however, I think only one of them will actually turn in anything.

I realize that part of the "blame" lies with me becuase I've taken a hands off approach to coaching my catalog hosts. So, I'm curious what everyone else does. How do you coach your catalog shows? How long do you keep your catalog shows open? I need to get better at this part of my business

1. Find out what they want to get out of it. (products etc.)
2. Explain where there sales need to be.
3. Set a FIRM date to close-explain that this is so Everybody gets there goodies in a timely manner(it also sets them in motion)
4. Give them the list of 40-100 so they know who to share the book with.
5. Make it MAX 3 weeks (I usually only give 2)
6. Check in each week that means at least Twice to see how things are going and collect via phone/e-mail the orders he/she already has. This will hold them accountable to there commitment.
7. The most important. PRAY for a Great Host

disclaimer.. not in any particular order, I type as I think:eek: My recent catty was just $702 tho so good luck(she was a catty dream host) She's having a live one in may after her baby is born BUT last night she asked me How much I made off Her show CAN ANYBODY SAY RED FLAG:D

janetupnorth said:
From what I've seen from others and a few of my own...:

1. Set a specific deadline AHEAD of time.
2. Encourage them to get show bookings!!! That I think is the hardest with catalog shows. Give them a decent incentive if they get 3 bookings (they get the reward when the shows are held).
3. Remind them that the customers who order first want their product so keeping the show open long is not nice for them.
4. Encourage them to REALLY pass the catalogs around. They have to do a little more work to get the sales.
5. Give them an incentive for $X in sales or Y # of orders.

OK no fair you type faster then I do;)

Probably because I just took that all off the top of my head from being a host...

Thanks ladies! I'm going to use your tips with my two March catalog shows. I just sent them their kits on Thursday. I'm going to call them tomorrow and start the coaching process.

Thanks!!

Anytime - good luck Heather!

Yes, Yes & Yes
CAmomCookin4U said:
1. Find out what they want to get out of it. (products etc.)
2. Explain where there sales need to be.
3. Set a FIRM date to close-explain that this is so Everybody gets there goodies in a timely manner(it also sets them in motion)
4. Give them the list of 40-100 so they know who to share the book with.
5. Make it MAX 3 weeks (I usually only give 2)
6. Check in each week that means at least Twice to see how things are going and collect via phone/e-mail the orders he/she already has. This will hold them accountable to there commitment.
7. The most important. PRAY for a Great Host

disclaimer.. not in any particular order, I type as I think:eek: My recent catty was just $702 tho so good luck(she was a catty dream host) She's having a live one in may after her baby is born BUT last night she asked me How much I made off Her show CAN ANYBODY SAY RED FLAG:D

As an incentive offer the extra $15 for cooking shows if they get you 3 bookings and close ON Time.
As part of your host kit add the catalog host bingo sheet.

Catalog shows are tougher, my experience is guests look at the price not the quality. HTH

I know Tom Marston does tons of catty shows too.

I don't seem to have the best luck with them. I have one that was supposed to close on Feb 5th, then was supposed to close on Friday, now is supposed to close ???? I'm sure the sales are just going to be $150.

I typically don't have much luck with them either.

Chef Diane said:
As an incentive offer the extra $15 for cooking shows if they get you 3 bookings and close ON Time.
As part of your host kit add the catalog host bingo sheet.

Catalog shows are tougher, my experience is guests look at the price not the quality. HTH
I did that and she already received her show order yesterday. That's when i got all the questions. Im going to try and meet with her on tues. (my day off)
Thank you tho:)

I offer the extra $15 too for catty shows over $350. If they hit $500, i up it to $25.00 Have had pretty good luck. Still love to do the cooking shows tho. Like for the buyers to be able to see the product, however, one of my hosts last month had an order for the entire set of the new forged cutlery and a few other items and 3 other orders before her cooking show. Before I got there, she was over $600 in sales. SHE WAS MY DREAM HOST!!!!! :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :)

I've got to tell you since I joined this site my business has really started to pick up!.... THANK YOU EVERYONE!!!! (for the awesome working Ideas!)

This afternoon I got an email from someone who originally wanted to place an order, now she wants to do a catalog show (YAY!)!!! So I revamped the Tale of Two Hostesses (which I did keep for Cooking Shows) to the Tale of Two Catalog Hostesses... its a little corny but hey! What makes them smile motivates right?

Attachments

• Tale of Two Hostesses.doc
    45 KB · Views: 396
Andrea - LOVED your flyer:p

Thanks! I'm not sure who posted the original(s) for the Cooking Shows, but for some reason I got a catalog show today and thought it'd be nice to have one for catalog shows.... (couldn't have done it without them ;)

I just host coached and told her to try to get 1 order a day between now and her close date. She'd have 25 orders if she's able to do that. YEAY! :D

What is the role of a Coaching Catalog Host?

A Coaching Catalog Host is responsible for promoting and selling Pampered Chef products through their personalized online catalog. They provide a convenient way for customers to shop and earn host rewards while supporting their independent consultant.

How do I become a Coaching Catalog Host?

To become a Coaching Catalog Host, you must first connect with an independent Pampered Chef consultant who will guide you through the process. They will provide you with a unique link to your personalized catalog and help you get started with promoting and sharing it with your friends and family.

What are the benefits of being a Coaching Catalog Host?

As a Coaching Catalog Host, you have the opportunity to earn free and discounted products based on the sales from your catalog. You also have access to exclusive host-only specials and promotions. Additionally, you are supporting an independent consultant and their small business.

What is the time commitment for being a Coaching Catalog Host?

The time commitment for being a Coaching Catalog Host can vary depending on your sales goals and marketing efforts. However, it typically involves spending a few hours each week promoting your catalog and interacting with potential customers. Your consultant can provide more specific guidance and support based on your individual goals and availability.

Can I still earn rewards as a Coaching Catalog Host if I don't have a large network?

Yes, you can still earn rewards as a Coaching Catalog Host even if you don't have a large network. Your consultant can provide you with tips and strategies for reaching a wider audience, such as utilizing social media or hosting virtual parties. Additionally, you can invite friends and family from outside of your immediate network to shop from your catalog and earn rewards.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• pampchef.angel
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
monicag
  • Katiek77
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
Katiek77
  • Katiek77