• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Clarification on "Walking at Conference"

In summary, the new director is not "active" for the month of June and it doesn't look like her recruit is going to be "active" either. However, the team is still active and her friend would still have 2 lines active. There is no issue with her walking as a director at conference.
straitfan
Gold Member
Okay...I have a dumb question here. My recruiter promoted to Director in Dec. She just barely has the 2 lines, I have one recruit and another girl on the team has 2 or 3. Anyway, it doesn't look like my recruit is going to be "active" for the month of June. Will this affect my friend "walking" as a director at conference, since she would lose her title for June?

One of the things I HATE about this biz (and it's a short list) is how people are pressured to "do this so I can get this".

I believe she has to hold the title of Director to walk but I could be wrong.

Is there any way you can urge your recruit to do some calling to get together a show? She still has 4 days - could do that $10 deal that was talked about here.

Tell her how important it is for your upline.

I agree totally with your comment about how people are pressured to "do this so I can get this" but in this case it's a once a year opportunity for your upline. It's not about you, it's about helping her. Your recruit won't see it as you pressuring her but as you helping out your friend.

I believe as someone in the line is active (you) that whole line is still active and your friend would still have 2 lines active. That's my take. Sometimes this new career plan gets alittle confusing.

if this is the first time then she won't lose her title - you have to not meet the D requirement for 3 consecutive months before you lose your title.

Sounds to me that in this scenario she will still have her title, just not be paid as a D fo9r the month of June. She will still be able to walk in that case

Linda: Good info.on the 3 months. Yes this is her 1st time to walk and she's a "New Director" Thanks.
Michelle: The issue would be that I would not be a Sr Consultant for June, and that would leave her with only 1,

straitfan said:
Linda: Good info.on the 3 months. Yes this is her 1st time to walk and she's a "New Director" Thanks.
Michelle: The issue would be that I would not be a Sr Consultant for June, and that would leave her with only 1,

Was she paid as director in May? If so, she still holds the director title through the summer and there's no issue. If she was not paid as director in April, May & June then she loses her title in July. That's how I read your post (that she was losing the title). I hope I was wrong!

Yes, this will be the first month since promoting Jan. 1 that she wonKt be pd as a director.

Then she will still hold the title as Director and should be able to walk.

I don't think it's a good idea to pressure the team in general. But as Beth says, this is a once a year event and I think it's ok to share with the team your (as Director) personal goals and team goals. Sharing it with everyone, then perhaps the team will rally to help her out in this instance....just as I hope she rallies all year to help you out.

Sharing the goals and hoping the team picks up the call to action shouldn't be considered as pressure, or "do this so I can get"...it is up to each individual team member whether they want to participate and help or not.

straitfan said:
Yes, this will be the first month since promoting Jan. 1 that she wonKt be pd as a director.

Okay! Then no worries! She WILL walk. She will be paid as TL in June but keeps her title for 3 months and it's the TITLE that she needs for this. Here's an example with her performing as director in May but as TL through the summer:

May - title D - met requirements for and paid as Director
June - title D - met requirements for and paid as TL
July - title D - met requirements for and paid as TL
Aug - title D - met requirements for and paid as TL
Sept - title TL - met requirements for and paid as Director
Oct - title D - met requirements for and paid as Director

Jolie_Paradoxe said:
Then she will still hold the title as Director and should be able to walk.

I don't think it's a good idea to pressure the team in general. But as Beth says, this is a once a year event and I think it's ok to share with the team your (as Director) personal goals and team goals. Sharing it with everyone, then perhaps the team will rally to help her out in this instance....just as I hope she rallies all year to help you out.

Sharing the goals and hoping the team picks up the call to action shouldn't be considered as pressure, or "do this so I can get"...it is up to each individual team member whether they want to participate and help or not.

I agree! BUT the problem is that it's usually only one person that could make the difference so the pressure could be there for that consultant. It's all in how you inform whether there's "pressure" or not.

Just an update...she submitted an individual order that put her just barely over $150 for the month! ACTIVE! : )

1. What is "Walking at Conference"?

"Walking at Conference" refers to the opportunity for Pampered Chef consultants to physically walk across the stage during the annual conference in recognition of their achievements and milestones within the company. It is a celebration of their hard work and dedication.

2. How can I participate in "Walking at Conference"?

To be eligible for "Walking at Conference", you must be a Pampered Chef consultant who has achieved certain milestones, such as reaching a certain sales level or promoting to a higher leadership level. You will receive an invitation and instructions on how to register for the event if you meet the criteria.

3. Can I walk with a friend or team member?

Yes, you can walk with a friend or team member if they have also been invited to participate in "Walking at Conference" and meet the eligibility requirements. However, please note that each person will need to register separately.

4. What should I wear for "Walking at Conference"?

We recommend wearing business casual attire for "Walking at Conference". This could include a dress or skirt and blouse for women, and dress pants and a button-down shirt for men. Please avoid wearing jeans, shorts, or overly casual clothing.

5. What time does "Walking at Conference" take place?

The specific time for "Walking at Conference" varies each year, but it typically takes place during the general session of the annual conference. You will receive more information and a schedule of events closer to the conference date.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• baychef
  • Recruiting and Team Leaders
Replies
Views
akaskydebil
  • 11accold
  • Recruiting and Team Leaders
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • jwpamp