• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Christmas in July: Ideas for a Festive Party!

even if it's a month or 2 out...that I will give them a free ornament. If they want to book the show for the following year (or however long) and they do not want the ornament, then they pay for it. If you're thinking of doing a Christmas party this year, this is a great idea! You could also do a gift exchange like this. You could have a board with all the gifts and people could pick one each. You could also do a small gift for everyone if they attend and bring a small gift to leave. This would be a lot of fun!
beepampered
One July host wants to do a Christmas in July party. It sounded good when I agreed to it a few weeks ago, but now I'm wondering what to do. I've begun the attached invitation and am looking for comments about it as well as thoughts on menu, games or something to make it Christmasy.

Thanks....

Attachments

• ChristmasinJuly.doc
    66.5 KB · Views: 379
The invitation is good. I think head start is two words, though. You might want to check on that.As for making it Christmasy, make sure your host has Christmas music playing. You could do a guessing game with a prize for the first person to tell you how many shopping days are left until Christmas. (Make sure you know the answer, of course.)

What a fun theme!!

I love the clipart on the invite. I made another version of the wording. Maybe print it on red or green paper.

Make a red and green trifle -maybe strawberry /kiwi. Or a yule log. Have cut out cookies to decorate w/ the bottle set.
You could add "wear your favorite Christmas accessory" to the invite, so people can get into the theme. Have them bring thier favorite Christmas recipe (not the actual food, so no one has to turn on the oven) to share.

Make cinnamon ornaments. (cinnamon and applesauce and glue) They are easy, and smell so yummy... Use the baker's roller, cut outs, etc.

Just a few thoughts.:)

Attachments

• ChristmasinJuly[1].doc
    72 KB · Views: 390
With the cinnamon theme, use the Cinnamon Sprinkles...maybe on ice cream for a summer dessert! You could do the 30 minute chicken. We used to have this YUMMY dessert in the Celebrate cookbook with ice cream, pumpkin on a gingersnap cookie and butter crust. (sort of like the pumpkin pie theme only with ice cream.) and you use the springform pan for this.

Love the invitation too! Let us know how it goes!

Great ideas, Lauri. Be careful if you print on red or green paper, though. Light paper is fine, but the dark green and dark red that people frequently use at Christmas isn't a good idea. It's very difficult for many people to read. The contrast between the ink and the paper isn't enough to make the print clear. It can be especially difficult for anyone with vision issues of any kind, including, um, chronological abundance.

It can be especially difficult for anyone with vision issues of any kind, including, um, chronological abundance.[/QUOTE]

Love that.:D

I meant to type light green after I hit reply. Then I thought light red is pink... I was tired. I keep forgetting to preview. Forgive me?? I like invites on colored paper because they are easier to find when the piles get too big. Especially when the date creeps up on you, and you can't remember where you put it...:eek:

laurichef said:
I meant to type light green after I hit reply. Then I thought light red is pink... I was tired. I keep forgetting to preview. Forgive me?? I like invites on colored paper because they are easier to find when the piles get too big. Especially when the date creeps up on you, and you can't remember where you put it...:eek:

Well, I guess that, technically, light red is pink. There's paper out there, though, that is almost like watermark red. That's what was in my head. Personally, I like boarders. They make the papers easy to spot, but don't make them difficult to read.

Surely the office supply stores have holiday/Christmas bordered paper already. I have used a snowflake bordered paper for PC flyers at Christmas time before.
Deb

I am having at least 2 of these parties in the next few weeks.
One of the things that I have planned to do is the booking necklaces made from mini ornaments. The host will recieve three at the begining of the show and if she gives them all out (aka there are 3 show booked) she gets to pick a special gift from under my tree. It is one of the mini trees that is about 18 inches tall. Of course they are wrapped in Christmas paper and they are all PC products. No one gift is more than $10. It's just like Christmas she has no idea what she's getting!!
This is great this time of the year because I have explained to the host that if they rebook for another show around the Holidays they will be eligible for 2 host specials when that show comes and then they only have to get rid of two more necklaces! They get to work on the bookings before the show as well even if the potential host isn't able to make the show!
I like the music thing and if you don't do cookies I would at least get scented candles.
The first guest to arrive in Christmas colors gets free shipping as well.

These ideas are good. Unfortunately, the host's mother in law died a few days ago. She hasn't cancelled but it won't seem very festive. On a more positive note, I've gotten two potential July bookings from my email newsletter. Thanks for the thoughts.

Related to Christmas in July: Ideas for a Festive Party!

1. What is Christmas in July and why do people celebrate it?

Christmas in July is a fun and festive celebration that takes place in the month of July. It is believed to have originated in the southern hemisphere where July is their winter season and it is a way to experience the holiday spirit during a different time of the year.

2. How can I incorporate the Christmas theme into my party?

There are many ways to add a touch of Christmas to your party! You can decorate with red and green colors, hang up twinkling lights, play Christmas music, and serve traditional holiday dishes like roasted turkey or ham.

3. What are some unique food ideas for a Christmas in July party?

For a festive twist on traditional holiday foods, try making Christmas-themed desserts like peppermint bark or gingerbread cookies. You can also serve refreshing cocktails with a Christmas twist, such as a cranberry mojito or a candy cane martini.

4. How can I make my Christmas in July party more interactive?

Incorporating fun games and activities is a great way to make your party more interactive. You can have a cookie decorating station, a Secret Santa gift exchange, or a Christmas movie trivia game. You can also set up a DIY hot chocolate bar or have a gingerbread house decorating competition.

5. What are some gift ideas for a Christmas in July party?

For a Christmas in July party, you can give gifts that are both seasonal and summer-themed. Some ideas include personalized beach towels, festive summer-themed candles, or a set of BBQ tools with a holiday twist. You can also opt for traditional gifts like ornaments or holiday-themed mugs.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• sboothpcchef
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • pampered2007
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
Replies