• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Christmas Ham Cooking in the DCB: Tips and Tricks

In summary, the recommended cooking time for a Christmas ham in the DCB is 20 minutes per pound at 350 degrees Fahrenheit. No liquid is needed when cooking, but you can add flavor by brushing the ham with a glaze or marinade. It is possible to cook a frozen ham in the DCB, but it will take longer and it is best to thaw it first. The DCB can also be used to cook other meats, with adjustments to cooking time and temperature. It is not necessary to cover the ham while cooking, but you can uncover it for a crispy exterior if desired.
corichef
I know you can cook a small turkey in the DCB, how long and at what temp would you do a ham? What do you think would be the biggest size you could cook in it?:chef:

I guess you'd cook it the same temp as the recipe says. One of the guests at my show yesterday said thet she cooked a ham in her last week and that is was delicious!

I did not know you could do this.... Thanks for the info..

Most hams are already cooked. So you just need to heat it through. I do mine with the cut side down in an oven at 325.

Hi there! Yes, you can definitely cook a ham in the Deep Covered Baker (DCB). The cooking time and temperature will depend on the size of the ham. For a 3-4 pound ham, I would recommend cooking it at 350 degrees for about 20-25 minutes per pound. So for a 4 pound ham, you would cook it for about 80-100 minutes. For a larger ham, I would recommend cooking it at 325 degrees for about 15-20 minutes per pound.As for the biggest size you can cook in the DCB, it can comfortably fit a 8-10 pound ham. However, if you have a larger ham, you can cut it into smaller pieces and cook it in batches. The DCB is a versatile tool and can handle a variety of sizes and types of meats. Happy cooking!

Related to Christmas Ham Cooking in the DCB: Tips and Tricks

1. How long does it take to cook a Christmas ham in the DCB?

The cooking time for a Christmas ham in the DCB will vary depending on the size of the ham. As a general rule, it is recommended to cook the ham for 20 minutes per pound at 350 degrees Fahrenheit. For example, a 10-pound ham would take approximately 3 hours and 20 minutes to cook in the DCB. It is always important to use a meat thermometer to ensure the internal temperature reaches at least 145 degrees Fahrenheit before serving.

2. Do I need to add any liquid when cooking a Christmas ham in the DCB?

No, you do not need to add any liquid when cooking a Christmas ham in the DCB. The DCB is designed to lock in moisture and create a self-basting effect, so adding liquid is not necessary. However, you can add some flavor by brushing the ham with a glaze or marinade before cooking.

3. Can I cook a frozen Christmas ham in the DCB?

Yes, you can cook a frozen Christmas ham in the DCB. However, it will take longer to cook. It is recommended to thaw the ham before cooking for more even cooking and to ensure it reaches the proper internal temperature. If cooking from frozen, add an additional 10-15 minutes per pound to the cooking time.

4. Can I use the DCB to cook other meats besides ham?

Yes, the DCB can be used to cook a variety of meats, including beef, pork, chicken, and fish. Just adjust the cooking time and temperature according to the specific meat you are cooking. It is always important to use a meat thermometer to ensure the internal temperature reaches the appropriate level for the type of meat.

5. Do I need to cover the Christmas ham when cooking in the DCB?

No, you do not need to cover the Christmas ham when cooking in the DCB. The DCB is designed to create a seal and trap in moisture, so covering the ham is not necessary. However, if you prefer a crispy exterior, you can uncover the ham for the last 30 minutes of cooking.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• emo812
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
Staci
  • pamperedval
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
pamperedval
Replies