• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Cooking 5.5 Lb. Turkey Breast in Dcb in Oven

In summary, to cook a 5.5 lb turkey breast in the Deep Covered Baker in the oven, preheat your oven to 375°F and cook for 1 hour and 30 minutes to 2 hours, or until the internal temperature reaches 165°F. It is important to season the turkey breast with desired herbs and spices before cooking. Vegetables can also be added to the baker for even cooking. Basting is not necessary as the moisture and steam inside the baker will keep the turkey moist.
pamperedval
Gold Member
I have a customer with the DCB who wants to know how long and at what temp to cook a 5.5 lb turkey breast in the oven.

Anyone know the answer to this? I usually do the microwave...

Thanks for your help!

You should cook your turkey at 325c for 20min. per pound. HTH

Thanks Rennea!

I knew someone would have the answer.

1. How long should I cook a 5.5 lb turkey breast in the Deep Covered Baker in the oven?

It is recommended to cook a 5.5 lb turkey breast in the Deep Covered Baker in the oven for 1 hour and 30 minutes to 2 hours, or until the internal temperature reaches 165°F.

2. Do I need to season the turkey breast before cooking it in the Deep Covered Baker?

Yes, it is important to season the turkey breast with your desired herbs, spices, and marinades before cooking it in the Deep Covered Baker. This will help enhance the flavor of the turkey.

3. What temperature should I set my oven to when cooking a 5.5 lb turkey breast in the Deep Covered Baker?

Preheat your oven to 375°F before placing the Deep Covered Baker with the turkey breast inside. This will ensure even cooking and a crispy skin on the turkey.

4. Can I add vegetables to the Deep Covered Baker while cooking the turkey breast?

Yes, you can add vegetables such as carrots, potatoes, and onions to the Deep Covered Baker along with the turkey breast. Just make sure to cut them into small chunks and place them around the turkey for even cooking.

5. Do I need to baste the turkey breast while it is cooking in the Deep Covered Baker?

No, basting is not necessary when cooking a turkey breast in the Deep Covered Baker. The moisture and steam created inside the baker will keep the turkey moist and tender without the need for basting.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
dkitten13
  • FromMaria'sKitchen
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
ChefBeckyD
  • emo812
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies