• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Chili Cookoff Recipe Needed! Help Us Win!

In summary, my school is having a chili cookoff. My coworkers and I want to enter, but don't have a chili recipe! Does someone have a great one - PC or not?I've actually WON a chili cook-off with this recipe! I'm a vegatarian so it's a veggie chili recipe but trust me, no one will be able to tell. Everyone at the cook-off I was at thought it was meat chili.
ChefJWarren
Gold Member
My school is having a Chili Cookoff. My coworkers and I want to enter, but don't have a chili recipe! Does someone have a great one - PC or not?

I've actually WON a chili cook-off with this recipe! I'm a vegatarian so it's a veggie chili recipe but trust me, no one will be able to tell. Everyone at the cook-off I was at thought it was meat chili.
Here's link to the veggie crumbles I used: http://www.seeveggiesdifferently.com/product_detail.aspx?family=366&id=324#

And here is the recipe I used:

Ingredients
1 package Morningstar Farms® Meal Starters™ Grillers® Recipe Crumbles™
1 can (16 oz.) kidney beans, rinsed and drained
1 can black beans
1 can (14.5 oz.) diced tomatoes
1 can (10 3/4 oz.) tomato puree
1 cup water
1 envelope (1.25 oz.) chili seasoning mix
1 tablespoon crushed red pepper
fat-free sour cream (optional)
Chopped fresh cilantro (optional)
Sliced green onions (optional)
Shredded reduced-fat Cheddar cheese (optional)

Directions
1. In large saucepan combine Morningstar Farms® Meal StartersTM Grillers® Recipe CrumblesTM, kidney beans, black beans, undrained tomatoes, tomato puree, water, seasoning mix and crushed red pepper. Bring to boiling; reduce heat. Simmer, covered, for 10 minutes, stirring occasionally.

2. Ladle into serving bowls. Top with sour cream, cilantro, green onions or cheese, if desired.

My mom brought this over for Trick-or-Treat. We always have a little party with the grandparents. It's the Abs Diet Chili, and I absolutely love it. We topped with sour cream and cheddar cheese.

http://www.menshealth.com/cda/recipe.do?site=MensHealth&channel=weight.loss&category=abs.diet&conitem=481199edbbbd201099edbbbd2010cfe793cd____

The PC White Chicken Chili is AMAZING....i am planningon making that for our church's chili cookoff later this year...

This is good and I got it from a customer at a show this month. I've made it for my family twice now and they LOVE it!

Taco Soup (but it's more like a chili)
2 lbs ground meat (I use turkey)
2 cans beans (I use Pinto)
2 cans Rotel
2 cans Hominy (I use both white and yellow)
2 pouches dry Ranch mix
2 pouches Taco seasoning

Brown the meat, then dump everything else in. Heat and serve. It is great right away. I've made it in the crockpot, too and it was fabulous then also. ENJOY!

Last edited:
Chef Kearns said:
This is good and I got it from a customer at a show this month. I've made it for my family twice now and they LOVE it!

Taco Soup (but it's more like a chili)
2 lbs groub meat (I use turkey)
2 cans beans (I use Pinto)
2 cans Rotel
2 cans Hominy (I use both white and yellow)
2 pouches dry Ranch mix
2 pouches Taco seasoning

Brown the meat, then dump everything else in. Heat and serve. It is great right away. I've made it in the crockpot, too and it was fabulous then also. ENJOY!

So where exactly do you get groub meat?? HA HA HA.... sorry I am in a goofy mood today! LOL

You have to get that from a special little dealer in the 1000 acre woods. He wears a green hat and tassles on his shoes.

What's Rotel and Hominy? Never heard of either....

Rotel is peppers and tomatoes, canned. It's a name brand that's become a nickname, like Jello and Kleenex.
Hominy is a corn product, in which corn is processed to remove the outer husk of the kernel. (see here)

This is the recipe that has won several times at our church cookoff (we have to alternate it between my SS class entering it and my teens doing it for the Youth group) White chicken chili3 pounds cooked boneless, skinless chicken breasts cubed1 medium onion diced2 tsp cumin1Tbsp salt2 cups chicken broth (I always use the chicken stock)2 cans great northern beans1 pound pepper jack cheese1 can green chilies dicedBoil chicken, reserve stock.Saute onions in a little olive oil. Add broth & rest of ingredients to crock pot Enjoy!!

If you want a red chili I use a basic chili recipe
brown 1 1/2 pounds ground beef or stew meat, add 1 large onion diced cook until transparent
add 2 cans lg campbells tomato juice and a bottle of beer, simmer on med heat
add 3 cans of chili beans with a little water to rinse can to a blender and puree add to chili
season with chili powder and a little salt
cook all day on low or in a crockpot (the beer will cook out but leaves it with a very rich flavor)

Related to Chili Cookoff Recipe Needed! Help Us Win!

1. What type of chili is best for a cookoff?

The best type of chili for a cookoff is a hearty and flavorful chili. Some popular options include Texas-style chili, white chicken chili, and vegetarian chili. Ultimately, the key is to make a chili that you enjoy and that showcases your unique flavors and cooking skills.

2. How can I make my chili stand out from the rest?

To make your chili stand out, try using unique ingredients or cooking techniques. For example, you could add a secret spice blend, incorporate a special type of meat, or cook your chili in a slow cooker for added depth of flavor. Don't be afraid to get creative and experiment with different flavor combinations.

3. Should I use canned or fresh ingredients for my chili cookoff recipe?

Ideally, you should use a combination of both canned and fresh ingredients in your chili. Canned ingredients, such as tomatoes and beans, can be a convenient and time-saving option. However, using fresh ingredients, such as onions, peppers, and herbs, can add more complexity and freshness to your chili.

4. How do I adjust the spice level in my chili for a cookoff?

Adjusting the spice level in your chili is a matter of personal preference. If you like a spicier chili, you can add more chili powder, cayenne pepper, or hot sauce. If you prefer a milder chili, you can use less of these ingredients or substitute them with a milder chili powder. It's always a good idea to taste and adjust the seasoning as you go.

5. How do I ensure my chili stays hot during the cookoff?

To keep your chili hot during the cookoff, it's important to use a slow cooker or a portable hot plate. Make sure to keep the lid on your slow cooker or cover your pot with foil to retain heat. You can also bring a thermos or insulated container to keep smaller portions of chili hot for sampling. And don't forget to keep an eye on the temperature and stir the chili occasionally to prevent it from burning or cooling down too much.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• loreo
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
sharalam
Replies
Views
Staci
  • SonyaVerrillo
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies