• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Cherry Cheese Coffee Cake in a Braid?

In summary, to make the Cherry Cheese Coffee Cake in a Braid, you will need refrigerated crescent rolls, cream cheese, sugar, vanilla extract, egg yolk, cherry pie filling, and sliced almonds. Other fruit fillings such as blueberry, apple, and peach can be used instead. The cream cheese should be softened before using, and the braid can be assembled in advance and refrigerated for up to 24 hours. Different types of dough such as puff pastry or pizza dough can also be used.
smspamperedchef
Silver Member
Just wondering if anyone has ever made the cherry cheese coffee cake into a braid like you would do the chicken and broccoli braid? I'm making that at my show in the morning and love to make braids much more than the ring but I wasn't sure if there is enough "filling" to really make it work? Anyone try it?

I don't know if it would really work doing that simply because it's so runny, especially when it's cooking. Guess it couldn't really hurt to try though!

yeah, but I hate to "try" it at a show. I think I'll just stick with the way it's "supposed" to be.

What ingredients do I need to make the Cherry Cheese Coffee Cake in a Braid?

To make the Cherry Cheese Coffee Cake in a Braid, you will need:

• 1 package (8 ounces) refrigerated crescent rolls
  • 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
  • 1/4 cup sugar
  • 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
  • 1 egg yolk
  • 1/2 cup cherry pie filling
  • 1/4 cup sliced almonds

Can I use a different type of fruit filling for this recipe?

Yes, you can use any type of fruit filling that you prefer. Some other popular options include blueberry, apple, and peach. Just make sure to adjust the amount of filling based on the size of the fruit so that it doesn't overflow from the braid.

Do I need to let the cream cheese soften before using it?

Yes, it is recommended to let the cream cheese soften at room temperature for about 30 minutes before using it in the recipe. This will make it easier to mix and spread onto the crescent rolls.

Can I make this recipe in advance and refrigerate it?

Yes, you can assemble the braid and refrigerate it for up to 24 hours before baking. Just make sure to cover it tightly with plastic wrap so that it doesn't dry out. When ready to bake, let it sit at room temperature for about 15 minutes before putting it in the oven.

Can I use a different type of dough for the braid?

Yes, you can use puff pastry or pizza dough as an alternative to crescent rolls. Just make sure to adjust the baking time as needed, and keep an eye on the braid to prevent burning.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• AJPratt
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
AJPratt
  • its_me_susan
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
its_me_susan
  • CarrieAnn