• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Need Another Braid/Ring Filling

party?By the way, what happens when you cook one stone on top of the other?I've done the Chicken and Broccoli one more, so I think that one tends to go over well. But if people don't care much for broccoli, I'd go with the other one.I've noticed when I have two stones in the oven, one on the top rack and one on the bottom, the bottom one doesn't seem to cook as quickly.
its_me_susan
I need another vegetarian type filling for the braids/rings ~ besides the artichoke/spinach filling (I am making a double batch of artichoke dip). Does anyone have one? I have a guest that is allergic to seafood and doesn't eat red meat ~ chicken is fair game, and we are having potato latkes too :)

Here is the appetizer heavy menu so far:

Double Artichoke Dip w/crackers (deep dish baker on woven)
Layered Athenian cheese spread – crackers (SA square platter)
Veggie platter & Knnor vegatble dip (SA square bowl with small bowl)

Dinner
Chicken bistro braid or chicken broccoli ring
Artichoke – spinach braid (or other - too much artichoke & spinach?)
salad
latkes -
spinach casserole

Hot dogs w/crescent rolls -

Dessert:
Creamy caramel Apple braid (bakes for 30)

Thanks in advance.

Have you tried the Lemon Herb Chicken Ring?

Lemon Herb Chicken Ring
The Pampered Chef®
Season's Best S/S 2005

2 cups coarsely chopped cooked chicken
1/2 cup diced red bell pepper
3 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley, divided
1 lemon
2 garlic cloves, pressed
1 cup (4 ounces) shredded mozzarella cheese
1/2 cup mayonnaise
1 teaspoon Pantry Italian Seasoning Mix
1/2 cup (2 oz) grated fresh Parmesan cheese, divided
2 pkg. (8 ounces each) refrigerated crescent rolls
Small can chopped black olives

1. Preheat oven to 375°F. Coarsely chop chicken using Food Chopper. Dice bell pepper using Utility Knife. Place chicken and bell pepper in Classic Batter Bowl. Chop parsley using Pizza Cutter. Zest lemon using Lemon Zester/Scorer to measure 1 teaspoon zest (Adjustable Measuring Spoons). Cut lemon into thin slices with Ultimate Slice ‘n Grate; cut slices in half and set aside for garnish.

2. Add 2 tablespoons of the parsley (save remaining for garnish), lemon zest, garlic pressed with Garlic Press, mozzarella cheese, mayonnaise (Measure-All Cup) and Italian Seasoning Mix to mixture in batter bowl; mix using Small Mix 'N Scraper®. Open olives with Smooth Edged Can Opener; add 1 tablespoon. Grate Parmesan cheese using Deluxe Cheese Grater. Reserve 2 tablespoons of the cheese. Add remaining cheese to chicken mixture; mix well. Add salt and pepper to taste using Salt ‘n Pepper Mill.

3. Unroll crescent dough; separate into 16 triangles. Arrange triangles, slightly overlapping, in a circle on Large Round Stone with wide ends 4 inches from edge of baking stone. (Points will extend off the edge of the baking stone.) Using Baker's Roller™, roll wide ends of dough toward center to create a 5-inch opening.

4. Use Medium Stainless Steel Scoop to spoon chicken mixture evenly over dough in a continuous circle. Bring points of triangles up over filling and tuck under dough at center to form a ring. (Filling will show.) Sprinkle remaining Parmesan cheese over ring. Place in rack and bake 28-30 minutes (time with Clock Timer) or until golden brown. Remove from oven; garnish with lemon slices and remaining parsley.

Yield: 8 servings or 16 sample servings

Nutrients per serving: Calories 450, Total Fat 30 g, Saturated Fat 8 g, Cholesterol 45 mg, Carbohydrate 24 g, Protein 19 g, Sodium 740 mg, Fiber 0 g

Cook's Tip: If desired, 1 can (10 ounces) chunk white chicken, drained and flaked, can be substituted for the chopped cooked chicken.

If desired, 1 teaspoon Pantry Rosemary Herb Seasoning Mix can be substituted for the Italian Seasoning Mix.

???Susan,

Is this all for a show? :eek:

Diane

dianevill said:
Susan,

Is this all for a show? :eek:

Diane

No no.... a family Hanukkah party. :) I'm wanted to show off some of my PC wares and recipes to this big crowd.

:)

Whew!Thanks for clarifying. By the way, I like the lemon herb chicken ring, too, posted earlier :D

Good luck!
Diane

dianevill said:
Thanks for clarifying. By the way, I like the lemon herb chicken ring, too, posted earlier :D

Good luck!
Diane

Do you like the lemon ring more than the chicken broccoli one or the bistro braid?

I did the lemon chicken ring for my cluster Christmas party, it was very good. there is also a garden omelet ring in the All The Best Cook Book. I believe that is what it is called.

ShanaSmith said:
I did the lemon chicken ring for my cluster Christmas party, it was very good. there is also a garden omelet ring in the All The Best Cook Book. I believe that is what it is called.

Do you guys like it BETTER than the chicken broccoli one? Or do you think I should make both?

By the way, what happens when you cook one stone on top of the other?

I've done the Chicken and Broccoli one more, so I think that one tends to go over well. But if people don't care much for broccoli, I'd go with the other one.

I've noticed when I have two stones in the oven, one on the top rack and one on the bottom, the bottom one doesn't seem to cook as quickly. I usually end up needing to add some time to the bottom one, just FYI. Sounds like a great feast you'll be having!! :)

I think they are both good. I did it for my party just because it was different. My cluster does a lot of the Chicken Broccoli

LemonI personally like the lemon ring better :D

Diane

artichoke & sundried tomatoesI altered the Chicken Brocc Braid for a huge show we, as a cluster did, & everyone love the altered version better!

I know you've got an artichoke one already, but if you love artichokes, like my household, I highly recommend it!

Chicken & Artichoke Braid

Substitute Broccoli for 1 cup Artichokes – drained & chopped
Substitute Bell Pepper for ½ cup Sun Dried Tomatoes – marinated, chopped
Substitute Cheddar Cheese for 4oz Mozzarella Cheese
Substitute Dill Mix for 2 teaspoons Italian Seasonings Mix

Good Luck!

That sounds really good. I'll have to try that one!

cwcollins said:
I altered the Chicken Brocc Braid for a huge show we, as a cluster did, & everyone love the altered version better!

I know you've got an artichoke one already, but if you love artichokes, like my household, I highly recommend it!

cGood Luck!

Yum artichoke goes with everything!
thank you!!!

1. How do I create a braid or ring with my ingredients?

To create a braid or ring filling, simply lay out your ingredients in a line or circle, leaving a small amount of space between each ingredient. Then, carefully fold and tuck the edges of the dough or pastry over the ingredients, creating a braided or ring shape. Bake according to the recipe instructions.

2. Can I use any type of dough or pastry for the braid or ring filling?

Yes, you can use any type of dough or pastry for the braid or ring filling. Traditional bread dough, pizza dough, puff pastry, and crescent roll dough all work well for creating a braid or ring. Just make sure to adjust the baking time and temperature accordingly.

3. How do I prevent the filling from leaking out of the braid or ring?

To prevent the filling from leaking out of the braid or ring, make sure to leave enough space between the ingredients and the edges of the dough or pastry. You can also lightly brush the edges of the dough with an egg wash or water before folding and tucking to help seal the edges.

4. Can I make the braid or ring filling ahead of time?

Yes, you can make the braid or ring filling ahead of time and store it in the refrigerator until ready to use. Just make sure to keep it covered to prevent it from drying out or absorbing any odors from other foods in the fridge.

5. How do I get the braid or ring filling to have a golden brown crust?

To get the braid or ring filling to have a golden brown crust, you can brush the top of the dough with an egg wash or milk before baking. You can also sprinkle some sugar or herbs on top for added flavor and color. Make sure to also adjust the baking time and temperature as needed to prevent burning.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• chefann
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
PamperedChefLayla
  • esavvymom
  • Pampered Chef Recipes
Replies
Views
lt1jane
  • Ginger428